• filter:
  • Go to page :
  • 123 4
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Unbreakable said: Do they have to receive it by Aug 31? The rebate form can be interpreted both ways.
I am sending mine today....was planning on using Ground.
Call and tell us what you find out. "Postmark" or "received by" (btw, I sent my two in last week - different addresses)

rated:
Unbreakable said: Do they have to receive it by Aug 31? The rebate form can be interpreted both ways.
I am sending mine today....was planning on using Ground.

Guitar Hero® III Wii Replacement Disc Registration Website

NOTICE: THE PROGRAM OUTLINED BELOW WILL BE ENDING ON AUGUST 31, 2008. ANY REPLACEMENT OR REFUND REQUESTS SUBMITTED WITH A POSTMARK DATE LATER THAN AUGUST 31, 2008 WILL NOT BE PROCESSED AND YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REPLACEMENT DISC OR REFUND.

rated:
This is exactly what I was worried about when I sent mine in today. Whether the date is received by August 31st or post dated August 31st. I guess if people don't get it out today, the only other way is to overnight it on Saturday. My understanding is that if you 3-day it on the 30th, it won't go out until the 2nd since the 1st is a holiday. I believe they use the date when it goes out for delivery and not when they pick up the package.

rated:
I just talked to UPS and they tell me that the centers aren't open on Saturday and Sunday. The UPS Stores however are open. Now here's where it gets a bit dicey. According to the guy, the UPS trucks ONLY pick up packages that are stated to go overnight and that's when it is scanned in. The 3-day commercial shipping packages just sits in the UPS Store until the next business day delivery which is Tuesday since Monday is a holiday even though it would be too late regardless.

Anyone have an alternative shipping method which will still allow it to be post dated on August 31st through tracking? With rebates you can't be too careful. They'll do anything to try and screw you over.

rated:
not a scam, got my rebate check about a month ago.

rated:
$132 cha-ching in yesterday's mail.

Thanks OP!

rated:
family and friends got our rebate checks yesterday, thank you activision for the $1320 cashback!

rated:
Got mine a few weeks ago. Didn't even send with UPS 2-Day Select -- it was around 16 dollars. Sent it in with USPS Priority for 6 something, got confirmation of it being received by Activision the very next week. Got the check in 2 weeks. Speedy, easy, hassle free. Activision gets major kudos for this.

rated:
Anyone get their checks denied? (And get new ones)

I deposited mine a month ago (non expired) and received a new check in the mail. Went to check my online statement, and sure enough...
-$4 deny bank fee
-$132 check

rated:
Continental Promotion Group Inc. declared bankruptcy. Explains the above reason why I got a new check.

ARTICLE LINK

rated:
Never got my rebate after submitting it a year ago. No rebate, no game. All I got was this :

Dear Consumer:

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the status of your rebate. Our records indicate this promotion is being fulfilled directly by the client.

Per the clients request, we ask that you please contact them at the number below for further assistance in regards to your valid rebate.

Client Contact Number: 310-255-2050

Thank you for contacting rebatestatus.com.

Customer Contact Center

For Phone: Refer to Your Original Rebate Form

Fax: 1-480-606-9450

http://www.rebatestatus.com

email to: customer.service@cs.rebatestatus.com

rated:
mlrtime23 said: Never got my rebate after submitting it a year ago. No rebate, no game. All I got was this :
Dear Consumer:

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the status of your rebate. Our records indicate this promotion is being fulfilled directly by the client.

Per the clients request, we ask that you please contact them at the number below for further assistance in regards to your valid rebate.

Client Contact Number: 310-255-2050

Thank you for contacting rebatestatus.com.

Customer Contact Center

For Phone: Refer to Your Original Rebate Form
Fax: 1-480-606-9450
http://www.rebatestatus.com
email to: customer.service@cs.rebatestatus.com
I got the same recently. Tried calling that Activision # and keep getting VM box (operator busy) or routed to tech support (who are obviously clueless).

Will try again...but if unresolved, I will contact BBB.

For a billion$ company, their customer service sucks.

rated:
You guys are still waiting for this? My check arrived in just a few weeks. Good luck getting something done about it after waiting this long...

rated:
No, I didn't wait a year. I went back and forth for months trying to get my rebate. They acknowledged they received the game but never sent the check. They said they sent the check out 4 times.

I'm glad the rebate center went bankrupt and I won't be buying a Activistion game again.

rated:

rated:
For those still waiting, start a ticket:
http://activision.custhelp.com

NOTE: They need the UPS/Fedex tracking number.

Dear Sir or Madam:

I sent my Guitar Hero III bundle into the "GHIII $132 rebate/refund program" on July xx, 2008, and I still have not received my rebate.

The Ship To address was (for Continental Promotion Group):
Dept# 103709
Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock Refund
1120 W. Warner Rd.
Tempe, AZ 85284

The UPS/Fedex Tracking# is:
The Continental Promotion Group Tracking# is:

I have contacted the rebate center (888-788-4931) multiple times since then, and all I seem to get are excuses and the runaround. Now, they tell me that they are no longer paying these out and that the rebate has been "referred to client" (Activision).

Your assistance to this matter would be greatly appreciated.
I may be contacted at the following: xyz123@yahoo.com

Thank you,
XOXOXO

rated:
I just finally received a $132 Visa gift card, so there is hope for those who have not yet received your rebate. Ive been hounding them since Sept. Your best bet is to use SpinControl's method above.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014