• 1 234514
  • Page
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
FAMILY PLAN for $95!!! Free internet and texting!!

First a little bit of History:
I have been a loyal sprint customer for about 9 years. I had a Family Plan that shared 1400 minutes for $95. I had 3 lines so I paid an extra 10-$20 (i forget which). I had the Vision Pack for about $15 -20 on 1 line and unlimited texting for $20. Nedless to say I was paying about $150 to $170 or so a month. Thankfully I had a work discount that sometimes brought it down to $125. That is pretty much the lowest I paid for a family pack of 3 lines and all this fun internet and texting. Until...

I looked at my bill for this last month and it was ALMOST $400 !!!! WTF!!

I called immediately and demanded to speak to a HEAD Supervisior. After being routed from an entry level phone associate to a "Manager," I demanded to know what was going on with my account . The gentleman walked me thru my bill and stated I had about 600minutes in overages (thanks to my 'beloved' sister). That amounted to 600 x a whopping 0.40c a minute. Are you serious!!! They used to have plans that had 100 minutes worth of overages for $5.00

I in a very stern way start flipping out !!! I told this guy that I was a loyal customer for ________ (fill in your own timeframe here) years and I can go to any company and have an NEW Unlimited plan on ALL 3 of my lines for $300. Why in the world should I stay with sprint and pay more for some pissant overages that should cost me $30 (if sprint were to keep their old plans of ... 100 minutes = $5 / In my case of 600 minutes = $30). Instead these lovely leaches decide to tack on an overage of about $250 ABOVE my regular "expected" (and highly overpaid for) bill.

THE JUICY PART!!!!!***********
To my marvelous suprise his FIRST words to me were "Ok sir, No Problem!!!! (in my head I'm thinking ARE YOU SERIOUS, I'm going to have to ask for a higher supervisor or again start going off about my $400 bill)
He continues...
"What if I placed you into our new Unlimited Family Plan. It includes...
Unlimited Shared Minutes between 2 family lines for $95. I'll even give you sprint Vision Powerpack for free including unlimited text messaging on both lines. Now since you have 3 lines the there is an additional $20 for that lines but you get ALL the same features as the main lines.

So thats 95+20 = $115 for 3 family lines with UNLIMITED EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

On my account I do have insurance on just my phone for $7 (The Treo is worth insuring for a measly 7 dollars a month to me). That brings my bill to a whopping $122 with insurance and unlimited everything on all 3 lines. Last but not least I again will reiterate that I have a work discount so My bill should be around $100 a month on this new plan. Thats about $33 a line!!!! Even if you have the same number of phones as I do you are paying $40 a line with ALL THE Unlimited Features!!! If you just have just two lines the plan is $48 a line for Unlimited Everything!!!!

Really truly I thought this was BS but my computer has this thing called the internet... LOL, pardon my humor. The Sprint website now even confirms my plan in Black and White. It was hard for me to believe myself because I thought they were going to play me as most cell phone companies do.

The Icing on the Cake:
The representative that I was speaking to politely apologizes for the (in his words) an "incorrect bill." He POSTDATED (I never thought they could ever do that!!!) my LAST months bill to include the new Unlimited Family Plan and removed the excess charges!!!!

I could not freaking believe it. I have NEVER saved $250 in a phone conversation with a phone company of ANY kind. I thought they were rock solid and would argue every single penny charge to the bitter end with me. Thankfully that didn't happen. The rep was very nice and polite in dealing with my situation. As he spoke my anger level turned into disbelief and salivation of what he was proposing to me. He had me on hold for quite sometime but DID intermittently pop back to tell me that he is still working on processing the new account and removing the previous months overages. After he returned I had him tell me about what the heck just happened in our phone call. I first apologized for going off at the beginning due to my personal situation . He said "No problem sir, glad I could be of assistance to keeping you as a loyal customer. I then proceeded to have him regurgitate the same info of the plan to me AT LEAST 3 times till the point of exhaustion just to make sure I was wasn't going to get raped later on. Again thankfully the plan added up and the changed were made before be on my computer screen as I pressed refresh on the sprint site about a dozen times.

It is Legit!!!!

I was pissing my pants when I called my best friend Mark who is also my Sprint Mobile-2-Mobile buddy. He had a family plan as well, in fact the same plan that I had. He just upgraded to the 1400 minute plan listed at the beginning of this post within the past 2 weeks because he had a ridiculous overage 2 months ago (about $60!!). I told him VERBATIM of what I am typing at this moment. I could hear his jaw drop over the phone. Marks next words..." I'll call you right back." I dont hear from Mark for over an hour! He tells me that the associate that he spoke to "NEVER heard of" the plan that I originally proposed to him. He continues with asking to speak to a manager and gets the same response. Manager: "Sir there is no Unlimited Family Plan." He continues and goes as far to say (and I can't believe I am putting this in quotes)... "Well sir your friend may be a LIAR." (as Mark is telling me this I am thinking OH HELL NO!!!! This Mother%$@& did not just call ME a Liar!!!). Mark reacts to the Manager as I though he would being the good friend that he is.... "My friend Paul is NOT a liar! Here is his phone number so you can look up his plan." Mark tells me the manager puts him on hold for about 5 minutes to research his 'supposed claim' of an unlimited family plan that doesn't exist.

After 5minutes the Manager comes back to EAT HIS WORDS (thats Karma on that @s)!!!! He says "I apologize sir but I guess there IS an unlimited family plan"

I start busting out laughing at the Irony of the situation and was thankful that this proved I wasn't Hallucinating!!!

The Second Icing on the cake:
I have another great friend that works for a local sprint that looked up my account. He said he could not believe the deal that I received. He stated as an employee "This plan isn't even out yet, they must have put you in a RETENTION Plan." He peered further into his computer and noticed its NOT a Retention plan but just a new plan that HE didn't even know was coming out. So I guess it is coming to put a damper on all the other carriers and to rival their new unlimited plans.

ALL THE ABOVE BEING SAID....

Sprint has ME 4 Life unless someone can show me a carrier that PAYS ME to text message or something. For about $48 a line to have:

UNLIMITED MINUTES on all lines [Includes ROAMING!!!!!] Again I couldn't believe it!!
UNLIMITED SPRINT VISION PACK on all lines
UNLIMITED TEXT MESSAGING on all lines

If you have just 2 Lines and want NO insurance with all the above = $95
If you have 2 lines and want insurance for one/both phone ADD $7 per line

If you have 3 lines like me and want NO insurance with all the above = $115
If you have 3 lines and want insurance for any phone ADD $7 per line

I want to give a shout out to my my Best Bud Mark and one of our friendly moderators PATTI

I hope that all of you will give it a shot if you want to save some $$$ for what the plan has to offer you. I want to thank all of those that post on here everyday with their deals that we all try to capitalize on when we can. I have had a few that were being processed and never went thru, canceled, r just plain missed the deadline. I love getting regular packages in the mail as my family flips out about the ecommerce I do online. After I tell them what I got and for how much, the reaction is usually surprise and happiness. We all get our duds now and then but this Unlimited plans the real deal. I THANK YOU once again for having the patience to go thru the entire posting and wish you luck in your new plan if you decide to join.

**********I must say I have never had the feeling of being able to call anybody in the US (you can add calling in canada for a whopping $2.99 which i am planning on doing as well) whenever, wherever (free roaming), and for however long I want to the same monthly bill. It is truly amazing!!!! Happy SlickDealing my friends!!!!

-Paul

As a disclaimer:
I didn't write all this to lie to you guys. Its taken an hour out of my day, but I hope well worth to share the info. If you don't have 60 minutes to dedicate on the phone talking to a supervisor for this plan, then don't call sprint and definitely don't while on this post about how long it takes. Its an easy 1HR investment that lowered my bill, my friends, and potentially yours if u pick up the phone. It is also assumed that all prices must be taxed and the usual BS sprint fees. Don't take my prices for exact penny value you penny pincher's. As always there is a renewal of 2yr contract as with all sprint plans. Lastly, my grammar and usage of various text sizes is to MY liking. I could care less if you don't like the way I punctuate!!! Please excuse my grammar and spelling in my excitement to type this for YOU and to SAVE U MONEY!!!!!! LMAO

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
any updates on this thread?

toviaheli (Dec. 03, 2008 @ 7:23p) |

DIDN'T WORK FOR ME ,BUT THANKS ANYWAY,I'M HAPPY FOR YOU AND YOUR FRIEND!!!!

JUICEY16 (Dec. 14, 2008 @ 3:15p) |

They told me to go to the store with you and say that I want what he has,LMAO!!! So do you want to take a trip to Memphi... (more)

JUICEY16 (Dec. 14, 2008 @ 3:26p) |

DEAD - MODERATORS TAKE NOTE

$95 per month for 2 lines of sprint service, which includes unlimited voice, internet and text. $20 per each additional line.

The plan CODE is - FC2396 *or*
The plan CODE is - UNML (Unlimited Multi-Line Plan)

Maximum of 4 Lines

It appears you have to be on their "New Billing System" in order to get this deal.

****Please Include LOCATIONS/Regions Where People Have gotten this Promo:****

## The website is updated, here is the link
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

wow not bad at all...beats SERO by far if you need the unlimited minutes

green.

Awesome deal. Boy, you are pumped.

IF this is legit, this is HOT!

frickkin AWESOME deal..

can you post a screen shot of your plan?

what a long post. See summary above.

Wow, great deal! Hopefully T-Mobile will follow up with something similar soon. Green!

i wish sprint would make their other plans cheaper. i am playing $90 + tax for 4 line with 700 minutes shared. we all barely use any minutes but all still need a phone and i fell like i am paying $90 for nothing. anyone think there is any cheaper plans out there for 4 lines and atleast 700 minutes

I'd heard that Sprint was going to start a price war...

This was on the heels of having lost something like 800,000 customers over the last quarter... I also remember reading that they'd closed something like 120 store fronts and layed off approximately 3000 employee's...

Expect this to be a splash and that there will likely be a response from the other major players...

HOT! if you need the minutes. i don't nearly use enough minutes to justify that. payint 52$ a month for 2 seperate sero lines after 28% corp discount.

if you can get corp discount that would make it super hot. 85$-28% o.O dang nice deal op

scifan3 said: I'd heard that Sprint was going to start a price war...

This was on the heels of having lost something like 800,000 customers over the last quarter... I also remember reading that they'd closed something like 120 store fronts and layed off approximately 3000 employee's...

Expect this to be a splash and that there will likely be a response from the other major players...

compgeek960 said: i wish sprint would make their other plans cheaper. i am playing $90 + tax for 4 line with 700 minutes shared. we all barely use any minutes but all still need a phone and i fell like i am paying $90 for nothing. anyone think there is any cheaper plans out there for 4 lines and atleast 700 minutesLook at pre-paid. Page Plus, T-Mobile to Go, Virgin Mobile, etc.

sure how do i upload a screen shot?

ciked said: sure how do i upload a screen shot?

Open the account

Hit the Windows + Prnt Screen Button (This will capture the screen sheet)

Open Microsoft Paint

Paste it (Press Ctrl V)

Darken any personal information

Save the file

Upload it in imageshack.com or imagebam.com or tinypic.com

Post the link here.

is cheaper to sign up w/sero w/three individual plans
500min each
unlimited text and picture text
unlimited night and weekend started at 7
unlimited data plan
30 + taxes

anyone know what an unlimited one phone plan would cost?

...hmm {edit: this is the first post to have gotten me red.}

OP is the most enthusiastic person ever to have posted on FW.

Sprint/Nextel is bleedng customers. This is why Verizon just came out with an unlimited plan too...to head off this deal. Good for all of us to have another round of real competition.

Ciked ..we need the unlimited plan CODES in ordered to talk to the sprint representative else they will say we are lying. See post copy of your plan.ASAP

thanks

phatkrazy said: is cheaper to sign up w/sero w/three individual plans
500min each
unlimited text and picture text
unlimited night and weekend started at 7
unlimited data plan
30 + taxes

Only if you're sure everybody would use 500 min or less. He said he gets *unlimited* minutes on each line. Heck, that alone is worth the extra $25 or so - especially when you have yakkers on your plan!

Outstanding deal OP, thanks for sharing. Wonder if SERO will make any changes?

OK. Sounds like we need your phone number to get this plan. What is it?

Great but this is unlimited just between the lines right, not unlimited to anyone. How many minutes do you get calling people that aren't on your plan?

How do I get Sprint Sero plan?

clearanceman said: Great but this is unlimited just between the lines right, not unlimited to anyone. How many minutes do you get calling people that aren't on your plan?

It is unlimited. Most sprint plans already are unlimited betweeen PCS-PCS customers

Found this from another forum.

Helio's got their $99 unlimited plan, but now Sprint, one of the four majors, is joining the all-you-can-eat club. At $119 it's a little more expensive than Helio (even though Helio's actually using Sprint as a backbone), and you still need a separate Power Vision pack or BlackBerry data plan for smartphones (so it's not quite all-in for $119). This is rolling out nationwide, but now restricted to four markets: San Francisco, Philadelphia, Tampa and Minneapolis/St. Paul.

I wonder if this news at all relates to the article on Engadget Mobile a couple days ago - Link

NJStealth said: How do I get Sprint Sero plan?
Read here

we all now about the $99 unlimited individual plan, but this is a 2 line unlimited with unlimited data and unlimited text family plan for $90. WE ARE JUST waiting for CIKED the the person who wrote to deal to post a copy of his plan codes to make this official.

NJStealth said: How do I get Sprint Sero plan?

Seriously? Welcome to planet earth. Search for "Sprint Sero" in the hot deals. Theres a deal discussion of about 13,000 posts and detailed information.

Ill make it easier. Linky for you

Matthewbleffler beat me to it. Thank you

philmont said: clearanceman said: Great but this is unlimited just between the lines right, not unlimited to anyone. How many minutes do you get calling people that aren't on your plan?

It is unlimited. Most sprint plans already are unlimited betweeen PCS-PCS customers

Thanks, that would be great, I don't even need my landline if I had unlimited cell.

Lots of rumors of a $60 unlimited voice plan.

post scan por favor

On phone now with Sprint Customer service. Of course they never heard of anything like this so I am being transferred to retention.

told them worse comes to worse I will cancel my 3 lines of service and just reapply under SERO. But a family plan such as this would be nice so I could keep my phone numbers.

If anyone actually figures out how to get this plan, please post.

yeah, all the major carriers are doing unlim plans now, which may drive profits down in the long run since you're not paying $400 a month anymore.. that's why the market panic'd on tuesday and vz stock hit $33.3. Of course I doubled down, and sold friday at 36.10. Thanks verizon, and panic sellers, from a cingular fanboi. I'm in a family plan circa 1998, that still cant be beat. It helps that we don't text each other, as we're old school (remember calling people, and using email from your computer for long messages?).

Next we'll see competition between the major carriers.. 99 unlim, 95 unlim, 90 unlim, 85 unlim.. it's great for consumers. Carriers will have to give out Iphones and Gphones for free to get people to sign 2 year contracts, with the pandora box this just opened up.

=)))))))))))))))))

hiroler said: yeah, all the major carriers are doing unlim plans now, which may drive profits down in the long run since you're not paying $400 a month anymore.. that's why the market panic'd on tuesday and vz stock hit $33.3. Of course I doubled down, and sold friday at 36.10. Thanks verizon, and panic sellers, from a cingular fanboi. I'm in a family plan circa 1998, that still cant be beat. It helps that we don't text each other, as we're old school (remember calling people, and using email from your computer for long messages?).

Next we'll see competition between the major carriers.. 99 unlim, 95 unlim, 90 unlim, 85 unlim.. it's great for consumers. Carriers will have to give out Iphones and Gphones for free to get people to sign 2 year contracts, with the pandora box this just opened up.

=)))))))))))))))))

Sounds like a dream come true. Tired of wasting money on an unlimted minute land line plan that I only need because all family is out of state and I can't cover all the minutes on my cell. I have US cellular and I'm not in a contract, so ready to bail any day if I can get an unlimited plan.

What about tethering, or as Sprint calls it now, "Phone as Modem"? Is that included in the Vision Powerpack? Ahhh, if I could get that unlimited like my current plan, then it's a no brainer.

I just did it , it worked !!!!!

ThankS OP !!!

Guys..

Sprint gave me the run around.. someone PLEASE post the plan code so I can discuss w/my sprint agent on the phone.

Tnx

Meevan

Skipping 485 Messages...
They told me to go to the store with you and say that I want what he has,LMAO!!! So do you want to take a trip to Memphis,TN(LOL)

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014