New CVS $5 off $15 Coupon

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • 12 3 458
  • Page
  • Text Only
ngraiders said: Just a head's up.

CVS knows about this coupon, and has notified all store managers to communicate to the employees not to accept it, since it isn't a CVS coupon.

And the rampant abuse of all of the "stacking" has also caused the company to notify all employees that it's one "$4 off $20 or more, $3 off $15 or more, etc." coupon per customer, per visit. Some might still be getting lucky, but they are pushing it really hard right now and eventually all employees will know better.

A few bad apples certainly ruined it for everyone.
welcome to FW. a little bit of self-introduction before the announcement would be nice.

davamond said: ngraiders said: Just a head's up.

CVS knows about this coupon, and has notified all store managers to communicate to the employees not to accept it, since it isn't a CVS coupon.

And the rampant abuse of all of the "stacking" has also caused the company to notify all employees that it's one "$4 off $20 or more, $3 off $15 or more, etc." coupon per customer, per visit. Some might still be getting lucky, but they are pushing it really hard right now and eventually all employees will know better.

welcome to FW. a little bit of self-introduction before the announcement would be nice.

Just trying to pass along the info, my local store won't allow me to stack coupons anymore. Was told all of this by the store manager.

I'm hoping it's just that store. Going to try a couple of other stores tomorrow.

ngraiders said: A few bad apples certainly ruined it for everyone.
And I take it all you ever did was use one coupon at a time?
If that is the case, then no need to worry because you can still do that...

And if you are complaining because you can't stack coupons any more, then you, my friend, are one of the "bad apples".

ngraiders said: CVS knows about this coupon, and has notified all store managers to communicate to the employees not to accept it, since it isn't a CVS coupon.It's not a CVS coupon?? How did they get it coded into their system and get the CVS logo on it???

ocean935 said: ngraiders said: A few bad apples certainly ruined it for everyone.
And I take it all you ever did was use one coupon at a time?
If that is the case, then no need to worry because you can still do that...

And if you are complaining because you can't stack coupons any more, then you, my friend, are one of the "bad apples".

No, you're right. I guess I am.

But honestly, they had always allowed me to and I wasn't excessive about it. The associates never blinked twice about letting me use a $4 and $5 off coupon as long as my total came out correctly after the sale prices.

After the manager told me this, I did a google search to see if anyone else had run into the same problem, and found this thread.

the store managers can say whatever they want, but the fact is that the coupon IS a CVS coupon, and the easiest way CVS can stop people from using it is simply to disable the coupon in their system rather than *notifying* store managers and employees. so, the key thing is not whether employees get notified or not, but whether the coupon can still be scanned and accepted by their system.

well i have used the 5 off 15 coupon 3 times so far today, one just happened about 10 minutes ago worked fine, scanned fine no funny look no manager no delay, just 5 buck off on top of that the total was 17 cents i didn't have any cash was grabbing for the CC, when he paid it himself, what a nice guy. of course this was not my plan.

davamond said: the store managers can say whatever they want, but the fact is that the coupon IS a CVS coupon, and the easiest way CVS can stop people from using it is simply to disable the coupon in their system rather than *notifying* store managers and employees. so, the key thing is not whether employees get notified or not, but whether the coupon can still be scanned and accepted by their system.

That's true. But I guess it was all worth it because the wealth of information I have found on this site in the past 1 hour is a helluva lot better than a $5 off coupon.

I find it hard to believe that CVS has put out some kind of "Red Alert" on this coupon. The info about it was only posted here Friday and even though people here have gone wild over the coupon, how many coupons have actually be used. Probably not even 100. I going to try again tomorrow and if it still works great, if not I was at least able to use one. I do however feel it's a legit coupon as others have said it wouldn't scan otherwise.

mdyoung said: I find it hard to believe that CVS has put out some kind of "Red Alert" on this coupon. The info about it was only posted here Friday and even though people here have gone wild over the coupon, how many coupons have actually be used. Probably not even 100. I going to try again tomorrow and if it still works great, if not I was at least able to use one. I do however feel it's a legit coupon as others have said it wouldn't scan otherwise.

Maybe I'm just confusing myself because I'm new here. Are there multiple $5 off $15 or more coupons? Are some legit, and some not?

ngraiders said: mdyoung said: I find it hard to believe that CVS has put out some kind of "Red Alert" on this coupon. The info about it was only posted here Friday and even though people here have gone wild over the coupon, how many coupons have actually be used. Probably not even 100. I going to try again tomorrow and if it still works great, if not I was at least able to use one. I do however feel it's a legit coupon as others have said it wouldn't scan otherwise.

Maybe I'm just confusing myself because I'm new here. Are there multiple $5 off $15 or more coupons? Are some legit, and some not?

Just to clarify, the manager said that he would accept the coupons if it shows it was printed from your e-mail or cvs.com but no 3rd party websites. I'm beginning to think my situation is limited to just that store manager. Like someone else said, if the coupon is loaded into the system how can it NOT be legit??

there was a 5/15 that was hard core denied a couple months ago. this coupon is legit & there shouldnt be a problem.

andywanker said: there was a 5/15 that was hard core denied a couple months ago. this coupon is legit & there shouldnt be a problem.

Ohhh okay, thanks. I'm gonna print this out and try another store tomorrow, I assumed all the 5/15 were the same.

ngraiders said: andywanker said: there was a 5/15 that was hard core denied a couple months ago. this coupon is legit & there shouldnt be a problem.

Ohhh okay, thanks. I'm gonna print this out and try another store tomorrow, I assumed all the 5/15 were the same.

That ah boy, go get um.

ngraiders said: No, you're right. I guess I am.
First of all, congratulations on having the decency and the guts to admit when you are wrong. Not many will do that.
Are there multiple $5 off $15 or more coupons? Are some legit, and some not?
At the moment, just the one non-expired $5 coupon (one expired on 3/02 valid in NY only). You can't use multiples of the same coupon on the same purchase because it will be the same code.
I'm beginning to think my situation is limited to just that store manager.
That manager, and some others. If you do a "CVS" search in this forum, you will come across narrations of many experiences. Pretty much all managers interpret the rules their own way.
I'm gonna print this out and try another store tomorrow.
Does not have to be another store. You can try the same store during a different shift, or different day of the week.
the manager said that he would accept the coupons if it shows it was printed from your e-mail or cvs.com but no 3rd party websites.
And some will say they won't accept photocopies. Just reiterate that these are not copies, but printed from the CVS website. Also, you don't have the entire sheet because a) you want to conserve paper, and b) it is easier to carry just the coupon rather than a whole sheet.

Welcome to FatWallet, and Good Luck in your endeavors.

The $5 off $15 was shot down in one store and the other store accepted it without any issues. I don't know why they have trouble accepting their own coupons.

I've had no problem using the coupon 4 times in 4 different stores yesterday and today.

Are you a CVS manager?

Just used the coupon 30 minutes ago. No problems. I'm in PA.

Better yet, I used the same coupon (of course copies of 5 off 15) 4 times at the same store at the same time in 4 different transaction. I was able to stack this successfully with $4 off $20 as well..

Thanks OP ...u are the best

Just used this coupon twice at a different store, in 2 different transactions. No problems at all.

Thanks guys/gals!

Thanks OP...

w00t! I used a 4 off 20, 5 off 15, and 2 off 10. i love america.

can someone post/host the pdf?

jaina5 said: Better yet, I used the same coupon (of course copies of 5 off 15) 4 times at the same store at the same time in 4 different transaction. I was able to stack this successfully with $4 off $20 as well..
Now why would you do that? It would certainly raise a red flag and spoil the party in the long run for everybody..

Great post, thanks OP!

Can I use this coupon with the easy bucks?

Great coupon.

I have to rant a little bit. I bought a 4 pack of Gillette Mach 3 turbo razors that were on clearance for 50% off. This week's add has a special- when you buy a Gillette 4 or 8 pack of razors you get the a shaving gel for free(excluding foam). Well, the razors didn't ring up correctly and the shaving gel didn't come up free. The cashier was nasty about the whole problem. She said that the shaving gel would not be free because the razors were on clearance. I said that does not say that in the ad. Then she tried the "this is not the item that is in the picture" (the ad copy does not specify which gillette razors you have to buy, but the picture shows two styles).

I finally got the shaving gel for free after letting the manager know the situation and after I showed the manager all the shelf tags in the aisle.

Is it CVS policy to not get the sale promo free item if the item you are buying is on clearance?

So you're complaining that the ad says "Gillette 4 or 8 pack of razors" and you bought some other Gillette razors, not a 4 or 8 pack, but you still think its the store fault.

DianeKl said: Is it CVS policy to not get the sale promo free item if the item you are buying is on clearance?

This is true for any stores where I happen to buy clearance items. The shift manager and manager specifically said that the weekly sales do not apply to clearance items.
I was buying 2 Revlon items that were marked down from $10 to $2. The sale that week was BOGO. I did not get the second one free.

I have heard a few times, the manager overrode for the sale. You seem to have a really nice manager at your store. Feel lucky you got your deal.

SteveORama-- I did buy a 4 pack of Gillette razors(Gillette Mach3 Turbos). Regularly 10.49 and on clearance for 5.25

Minty123--Thanks for letting me know of your experience. I want to stay on good terms with the employees and not be known as a PIA.

yobuttin said: w00t! I used a 4 off 20, 5 off 15, and 2 off 10. i love america.Assuming you stacked, what you really mean to say is that you love incompetently-programmed POS systems, and the seeming indifference of overarching corporate management.

Then again, maybe this is an American thing ... the company is apparently rolling in so much money that its management believes picking up the phone and ordering their programmer(s) to introduce a few additional lines of code into their system an inefficient use of its time. Could such an obvious flaw occur in a Japanese chain's POS system? Probably not ... not without the responsible party offering up part of his finger in atonement!

Anyone have a new $4 of $20 emailed coupon? The others previously hosted expired yesterday .

DianeKl said: Is it CVS policy to not get the sale promo free item if the item you are buying is on clearance?I suspect that this is not so much an issue of policy as a POS-programming issue. The UPC of the item flagged for clearance will not trigger associated promotions because the code has been moved into a netherworld of products viewed as the retail equivalent of stepchildren. Programmers implementing a given week's sale just don't consult this list.

DianeKl said: Great coupon.

I have to rant a little bit. I bought a 4 pack of Gillette Mach 3 turbo razors that were on clearance for 50% off. This week's add has a special- when you buy a Gillette 4 or 8 pack of razors you get the a shaving gel for free(excluding foam). Well, the razors didn't ring up correctly and the shaving gel didn't come up free. The cashier was nasty about the whole problem. She said that the shaving gel would not be free because the razors were on clearance. I said that does not say that in the ad. Then she tried the "this is not the item that is in the picture" (the ad copy does not specify which gillette razors you have to buy, but the picture shows two styles).

I finally got the shaving gel for free after letting the manager know the situation and after I showed the manager all the shelf tags in the aisle.

Is it CVS policy to not get the sale promo free item if the item you are buying is on clearance?

Gillette Mach 3 disposable razors (3 pack) are free after ECB. Not the one you baught. The shaving cream is free if you by razor cartridge refills. With ECB deals, you need to read the ads carefully and buy the correct prodct(s) else ECbs will not get printed.

4 of 20 expired?

Thanks OP! is a great deal 5 off 15 coupon.

jaina5 said: Better yet, I used the same coupon (of course copies of 5 off 15) 4 times at the same store at the same time in 4 different transaction. I was able to stack this successfully with $4 off $20 as well..

Thanks for ruining the deal for everyone else. Greed is bad.

dks123- The razors I bought were the refill kind in a little square paper box (not the disposable kind). An associate had to unlock the plastic case so I could get it. It was the last box in that row and I couldn't get the dispenser to work (I wound up flipping the box on its side). Does that big plastic contraption that CVS stores the razors behind deter theft?

The 3 pack of disposables are 7.99 with 5ecb. (I also bought two of those earlier in the day at another CVS.)

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014