• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
fungo45 said: Just called today. At first, the CSR told me that I was out of luck because it wasn't a real direct deposit, but just a transfer from an online savings account. I told them that I asked the banker if that was acceptable when I opened the account, and she said it was. They then transferred me to the bank itself.
The banker I talked with said the issue was not the transfer, but that it didn't meet the $100 minimum they required. I pointed out that the documentation didn't state that. She said that if I increased my deposits to $100 going forward, they would honor the the $50/month for the next 4 months. Good enough for me.
I'll report back if this actually works. Even though the news was positive today, I'm not holding my breath.

I increased my transfer from my HSBC online savings account from $25 to $150 (just to be safe) on 8/14. The banker I spoke with told me that the deposit needed to be $100.
In any event, my first $50 was deposited on 9/3!

Change my direct deposit from $50 to $300. 2 days later a $50 bonus was posted to my account without me even calling anyone at the bank.

Awesome tip...I did the same thing -- no call to the bank, $103 / paycheck going in, and got my first deposit on 10/2.

There's also a feature I found that allows you to ACH funds to other banks, i.e. your normal account. I think you can set it up as a bill pay.

Bad news, guys....

Thank you for your inquiry. The window to receive credit for a direct deposit has ended. The bonus checking promotion gave the customer 7 months to set up and receive credit for a direct deposit. If you have your direct deposit was not set up until the end of the promotion then you will only get credit for the dposits that posted during the time of the promotion. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us via this inquiry function or call the Telephone Banking Center at 888-422-6562.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014