Anyone tried this before.

You may find this promotion on mb financial bank's home page
link

In the News and Updates section.

Direct link on the promotion
WikiPost
3/4/08 1:06 PM
Terms:
Limit of one $200 promotional payment per household. We will credit one $50 promotional payment each calendar month, up to a maximum credit per account of $200 over the first four months the account is open. $200 will be paid only for monthly recurring direct deposits. Promotion credits are subject to 1099 reporting. Minimum balance to open Free Checking is $50. Debit Card available to qualified account holders. Other restrictions and account fees may apply. Personal accounts only. Offer available only to new checking customers to MB Financial Bank. This offer is good as of the ad publication date, and is subject to change.
RedCelicaGT
3/4/08 1:14 PM
IS this chicago only?
tolamapS
3/4/08 1:16 PM
Let me expand on RedCelicaGT's questions:

Q1. Can account opening be done online, or must be done in person at a branch?

A1. Don't know yet.

Q2. Where are the branches location?

A2. Most of the branches are located in the Chicagoland area, but I found a branch in Philly:

http://www.mbfinancial.com/AboutMBFinancialBank/BankingLocations/Philadelphia/tabid/287/Default.aspx
Glitch99
3/4/08 1:31 PM
RedCelicaGT said:

IS this chicago only?

Who knows, app submitted, should find out soon. Also, app required 2 IDs - I put my DL in for both, we'll see what happens.

And $200 bonus is paid out in $50/month increments, when you have a recurring direct deposit each month.
fungo45
3/4/08 3:47 PM
RedCelicaGT said:

IS this chicago only?

Yes.
Right on the home page it says that it's open to Chicago area residents only.

I wonder if a recurring transfer from an online savings account would work for direct deposit.

The fine print also says that "other restrictions and account fees may apply". Not sure what other fees could apply since it says no monthly fees and no minimum balance. Looks like $50 to open is all that is needed. Might be worth it to open an account with $50 and let it sit for 4 months to get the full $200 - but only if I can use online transfers to count for direct deposit.
Trinidon2k
3/4/08 4:11 PM
On this page it says:
http://www.mbfinancial.com/Personal/Checking/tabid/62/Default.aspx

Transfer a direct deposit or direct payment to an MB checking account today and we’ll add $25 to it.

I wonder if that and the $200 offer stacks.
alohasurf
3/4/08 4:15 PM
RedCelicaGT said:

IS this chicago only?

From Home Page:

Open an MB Free Checking account and receive $200! (Offer available to Chicago area residents only.)...

matthewbleffler
3/4/08 4:20 PM
Trinidon2k said:

or direct payment to an MB checking account today and we’ll add $25 to it...

That answers two questions for me:

1. Direct payment (I read ACH/ING/PayPal works)
2. At least you would get $25 for opening an account with $50. Pretty good return, definitely on par with other offers.
Glitch99
3/4/08 5:40 PM
fungo45 said:

RedCelicaGT said:

IS this chicago only?

Yes.
Right on the home page it says that it's open to Chicago area residents only.

That changed this afternoon.

When I clicked on that same link earlier today around 2:30 EST, the announcement had a different date (I believe it was dated 2/22) and there was definately no mention of being restricted.
First page
1 of 5
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.