BOGO Shrubs at Home Depot: Reuseable Coupon

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Home Depot Garden Club is repeating the famous Buy One shrub, get one free. Usually the Garden Club coupons are assigned unique barcodes, but this one is not. One per "cusomter," but I can vouch that it can be used repeatedly without problems.

I used it to buy a total of 14 arborvitaes yesterday without trouble. Went when they were busy, used different lines for checkout.

Credit to slickdeals for figuring out that the barcode number is the same.

Coupon Linky

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Thanks... I bought 18 arborvitae 5' 3 different times... a total of 54 for a shrub line... when I figured out that that ... (more)

XtaSea24 (Jun. 12, 2008 @ 9:53p) |

Strange that they gave you a hard time. I used the coupon 3 times on the large arborvitae and never had a problem. I ... (more)

farmecologist (Jun. 13, 2008 @ 9:01a) |

Did you use it on the Thuja Green Giant or the Thuja Emerald Green? I think they consider the Emerald Green a shrub whi... (more)

stormdog74 (Jun. 13, 2008 @ 7:41p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

thank you. i need to buy some confederate jasmine.

Can the coupon used at Self Checkout lanes ?

Fantastic. Just what I needed. With this BOGO, how do HD's prices compare to other places like Wallymart, Menards, Lowez, etc.?

coupon works. Thanks OP. Green for green shrubbery!

"...i dont want no shrubs"

Does anyone know what their definition of shrubs is? Do perennials like Hydrangea and azaleas qualify?

This will come in handy.

Thank you,
King Arthur, King of the Britains

sgb said: Does anyone know what their definition of shrubs is? Do perennials like Hydrangea and azaleas qualify?

Yeah, I thought arborvitaes were trees. The coupon says shrubs in class 8, subclasses 8 and 20 - does anyone know what that means? Is it a garden term or a Home Depot term?

sgb said: Does anyone know what their definition of shrubs is? Do perennials like Hydrangea and azaleas qualify?

Hydrangeas and azaleas are shrubs, not perennial flowers. Coupon will work for them.

Have to see if Lowes will match it.

miamikk said: Can the coupon used at Self Checkout lanes ? The stores here (SF Bay area) have signs at self-checkout that plants cannot be transacted in that area.

Thanks, OP!

yoregano said: Fantastic. Just what I needed. With this BOGO, how do HD's prices compare to other places like Wallymart, Menards, Lowez, etc.?

The prices seem to be similar for the arborvitae I've been buying, but the quality isn't. One of my HD's had tiny ones, the other had ones twice as nice/big for the same $10. Some of the stores are picked through becuase everyone seems to buy on Memorial Day. It might be worth it to check around.

10 more thujas for me today! I tried self-checkout, and the cashier in the middle hailed me over. She let me ring up 2 for me, 2 for DD. Rinse and repeat in Garden Center, and Commerical line. Rinse and repeat when different night crew comes on. I'm starting to feel like a criminal, but I have 100 feet of fence line I need to "bush."

Does anyone know if these will work on peonys?

I will try to use this on... one that looks nice...But not too expensive!

stormdog74 said: sgb said: Does anyone know what their definition of shrubs is? Do perennials like Hydrangea and azaleas qualify?

Yeah, I thought arborvitaes were trees. The coupon says shrubs in class 8, subclasses 8 and 20 - does anyone know what that means? Is it a garden term or a Home Depot term?
I just bought some hydrangeas and azaleas with the coupon. If you look at the price tag on the shelf, you will see something like C8 S8, which signifies class 8 subclass 8. I noticed peonies and even clematis are in those class/subclass, so I'm almost for sure they apply even though I don't think they're shrubs.

Also gotta add, the best time to buy at Lowes or Home Depot is either early Saturday morning or sometime in the midweek when they get replenish, else, you get the worst of the litter and the employees really don't take good care of the plants.

lol 14 times good for you..green


clbencemunns said: Home Depot Garden Club is repeating the famous Buy One shrub, get one free. Usually the Garden Club coupons are assigned unique barcodes, but this one is not. One per "cusomter," but I can vouch that it can be used repeatedly without problems.

I used it to buy a total of 14 arborvitaes yesterday without trouble. Went when they were busy, used different lines for checkout.

Credit to slickdeals for figuring out that the barcode number is the same.

Coupon Linky

same bar code as mine <S>

do they offer planting services? do they sell fruit trees??

kamakazii said: stormdog74 said: sgb said: Does anyone know what their definition of shrubs is? Do perennials like Hydrangea and azaleas qualify?

Yeah, I thought arborvitaes were trees. The coupon says shrubs in class 8, subclasses 8 and 20 - does anyone know what that means? Is it a garden term or a Home Depot term?
I just bought some hydrangeas and azaleas with the coupon. If you look at the price tag on the shelf, you will see something like C8 S8, which signifies class 8 subclass 8. I noticed peonies and even clematis are in those class/subclass, so I'm almost for sure they apply even though I don't think they're shrubs.


Thanks - that helps a lot.

Here's 6 coupons on the same page to save some paper:
LINK

Time to spend some of my hedge fund!

Hey,
Thanks for the multiple coupons on one page. Will come in handy when buying my golden euneymous (sp) for the next two weeks.
Dr.Omed.

people should post what they got. in honor of a hot deal i'm going for the euonymus alatus (aka burning bush)

Thanks.
Can not wait to get me some butterfly bush.

Thanks - picked up 2 rhododendron and 2 azalea! Great deal for the rhododendron, as that was $34.99 so BOGO is terrific! Also, HD backs their plants for 1 year, so if they don't make it through next winter, they can be replaced....

thanks for sharing.this is a good one

Azalea, yes, Hydrangea, probably no, but try it.

The classification 'perennial' is a plant that lives 2+ years and is non-woody, so items marked perennial are specifically not shrubs. When a plant that is perennial is woody, but does not develop large boughs that would make them trees, they are shrubs.

I suggest for further info, you should ask Robert. He is a shrubber. He makes and arranges shrubbery.

Ni!

Whats a good shrub to get that doesn't require much water or sunlight? The ones I bought last yr died within a couple months. The area where I can plant doesn't get much sunlight, plus its only a couple feet away from a huge tree that probably robs all the water. Something thats low maintenance and doesn't get much bigger than a foot tall and wide. I got roughly a 3ft x 1-1/2 ft space. Would like 2 of them in there.

Thanks! Worked great on black elephant ears (Colocasia,I think!)

A bush in the hand is better then the bird on a bar

Thanks OP, I got a pair of Hydrangea. I asked the gal working if Hydrangea were shrubs she said yes.

Are you guys sure this work? The coupon scan is so small, you can barely read the text. I doubt the Home Depot employees will accept a printout of something that can barely be read. At least I'm pretty sure the SF Bay Area HD won't accept it.

skv said: I'm pretty sure the SF Bay Area HD won't accept it.Agreed, that particular location is so gay.

felixatreides1 said: A bush in the hand is better then the bird on a bar

Heh heh....I thought it was "A lobster in your piano is better than a crab on your organ".....

skv said: Are you guys sure this work? The coupon scan is so small, you can barely read the text. I doubt the Home Depot employees will accept a printout of something that can barely be read. At least I'm pretty sure the SF Bay Area HD won't accept it.

Do you not see the posts above saying it worked? If the bar code is the problem,they enter the corresponding numbers.

Thank you for this great coupon!!!! I will just them!

Happy Summer!!!!

Renee

asked previously, not answered.

Has anyone been able to use coupon at self check out line?

Thanks,

Skipping 65 Messages...
farmecologist said: Strange that they gave you a hard time. I used the coupon 3 times on the large arborvitae and never had a problem. I guess it all depends on who is working the register..

FYI - I think this deal is dead now...the date on the coupon says it expires on the 12th..


Did you use it on the Thuja Green Giant or the Thuja Emerald Green? I think they consider the Emerald Green a shrub while the Green Giant is a tree (a rather large tree eventually, of course!). The Green Giant is $25 and the Emerald Green sold for $15.

If they typed the code in, it would take it if it is a shrub - by their definition, of course.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014