• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
My first post so go easy on me. Lowes has a GE 5.8 Cu. Ft electric dryer or gas dryer for $198. This is about $100 below even the cheapest dryers and a great deal on a good model.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=169273-83-DSXH47GGWW&lpage=none

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=169271-83-DVLR223EGWW&lpage=none

I think it is a price mistake since Bestbuy and Homedepot currently have the gas dryer for well over $500. Today I price matched the gas dryer at HomeDepot and picked it up for $178.10 since I bought the matching washer for $539:

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100529099&N=10000003+90401+525311+780+4294961967

Of course this is a big YMMV and i got lucky that the manager didn't bother to check that the dryer is not currently in stock at my local Lowes.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Wahooo !!!
Picked mine up this afternoon, will hook it up in a minute.
I was nervous, the girl that rang it up kept look... (more)

Bigpollack (Jul. 23, 2008 @ 8:32p) |

I am picking mine up today, for those of you guys that already got there, how is it working so far?

REL77 (Jul. 26, 2008 @ 7:29a) |

Works great. Very quiet

Bigpollack (Jul. 28, 2008 @ 8:18p) |

LINK

Dead, Price now $568
Staff Summary

whay are the prices so low...i plan on buying a dryer...

any experts here..

for the gas one, can most apartments accommodate it. Does it need gas pipe or tanks? where to order? thanks

thanks op! I have been needing a gas dryer. everywhere online had that same model at $500 plus. I went ahead and got it from lowes, since I cant get down to depot to price match right now. hopefully they honor. I have a depot 10% I will try to get them to use when I pick it up.

fatwalletuab said: for the gas one, can most apartments accommodate it. Does it need gas pipe or tanks? where to order? thanksMan, that's cheap. I've only seen Electric versions for an apartment.

I ordered one for in store pick up, but it wont be ready for a week it seems.... I needed a new Gas Dryer

Which is cheaper to run, gas or electric? I would think gas but if I can get an electric and save money, I would do it.

lordofducks said: Which is cheaper to run, gas or electric? I would think gas but if I can get an electric and save money, I would do it.Gas has always been cheaper, I was thinking it's about half the cost. Maybe 2/3's.

Ordered one. We shall see if they honor it.
E-mail conf. states 9 - 12 days.

My dryer is on it's last leg.
This probably isn't much more than having it ( 17 years old ) repaired.

I have my doubts, but worth a shot.

nothing like a dryer deal flagged as "hot" LOL.

I'll try the PM tomorrow at HD, thanks OP!

Yesterday my gas dryer made such a God awful noise that it sounded like it needed "Last Rites". Your timing is impeccable. I'm in for one. I've been watching for one for weeks & the cheapest was around $350 in a clearance. Great deal expecially for a gas dryer. Thanks & GREEN to you!

If you compare the Models on Home Depot website, the OP's link for the electric version is $299.00 at HD compared with $198 at Lowes.

However, the OP's link for the gas version is normally $569 on sale right now for $512 at Home Depot while it is $198 at Lowes. Over $300 difference!!! This is the best deal IMHO.

deal dead? shows about $300 for the electric and about $500 for the gas now

No go here. Is it showing price based on zip code? What is the op's zip or anyone else that sees it for $198? 71106 shows full retail.

Price is back up to $568.00 this morning ( 48310 ) .

I HOPE they let mine slide for $198.00

Do I have any re-course if they do not honor the price ??
Even though I have a receipt and am waiting for delivery, I'm pretty sure they can just say " Whoopsy, that was a mistake "

Great post Vegas !!

It was $198 for me a few hours ago but it's $318 now .

I should've placed an order when I saw it but now it's back at $568. So sad...

Does anyone have a saved PDF of the website showing $198 or someone who can share a price confirmation. We can try our luck PM'ing Home Depot

$568 hurts my heart.

Great find OP. At 1:00 AM this morning (7/10) bought this gem at Lowes.com for the $198 (gas). Received confirm immediately by email. Had told my wife about this deal on FW and she urged me buy it since our current dryer is acting up..sometimes doesn't dry at all. Since she knew about it I decided not to wait to try the PM. Thank God! Lowes might cancel anyway I suppose.

I do have a printout from the Lowes website confirming the sale price for $198.

Great find but I think deal is dead. Electric shows as 318. Somebody got a printout or something of the electric dryer so we can go instore to match it??? Last week WalMart had the same dryer for 150 dollars!!

Anyone got a receipt for electric dryer? I am really looking to buy a dryer!!

Bah, seems dead. PDF or something would be very useful for PM'ing!

Sadly, my parents' dryer is totally dead and they could really use this!

Bloomberg says GE is trying to ditch its consumer products divisions so this may be a move to dump slow moving models so retailers don't get stuck with abandoned models when ownership changes. Sort of like CompUSA before (Carlos Slim) and after (Tiger Direct).

dead now

based on the comparision of bumped price, Can I say, Gas Dryer is more efficient then Electric Dryer ?

RedPlasticCup said: nothing like a dryer deal flagged as "hot" LOL.

I'll try the PM tomorrow at HD, thanks OP!
I tried the PM at Home Depot, they guy said no way that's the right price. He used to work at Lowes and checked, it was the $500+ price. Probably a price mistake.

Damn, they cancelled my 10 ship to store orders!!!!

j/k

I saw this yesterday, but got too busy with Target hunting. $198 for a Gas dryer, regardless of brand, is a steal.

As soon as I saw, checked with BBY & HD, all of them showing over 500, I placed the order, got the confirmation, with a recipt for $198, now it is showing $568, thanks a million OP.

Yesterday night, I was not sure which one is good and didn't had enough time to research, so even I have one (new) Electric Dryer I had ordered this Electric Dryer. Today morning when price bumped for both, I realize, Gas Dryer is better. Compare

I went to Lowes B&M and asked to switch my Electric Dryer order to Gas and they replaced it. Employee from Appliance Dept to Store Manager, everybody were wondering with this as (1) They said, Electric and Gas Dryer never sold at same price (2) When they pulled up Gas Dryer in their system, it was showing $568, so $198 was unbelievable for them but Store Manager had seen similar case before 2 weeks back for different item so he adjusted price and given Gas Dryer in same price as mine Electric Dryer for $198.

It was very easy.

Thanks OP !!

Mine is waiting for me to pick up at my local lowes... My wife is VERY happy

I received a all from my lowes for the electric dryer pick up.

Thanks OP for the deal.

Wonderful deal. Just picked up my $198 gas dryer. Should easily be able to get $100 from my older GE dryer. Net= $98 for a brand new (with warranty) dryer. Thanks OP

I got a call from the local Lowes, ready for pick up, thanks OP.

Wahooo !!!
Picked mine up this afternoon, will hook it up in a minute.
I was nervous, the girl that rang it up kept looking at the screen .

Still cant believe the deal.... especially since my old dryer was on it's last leg.

BTW, my old dryer didn't last 1 hour at the curb ( it's trash night )
I'm sure around $50 or so would of fixed it, so someone got a good deal.

I am picking mine up today, for those of you guys that already got there, how is it working so far?

Works great. Very quiet

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014