• Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Free tall (12oz) starbucks coffee
expires 8/30/2008

Coupon

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I went to use this coupon yesterday and found out that it is a counterfit one. Don't use it. The word partcipating is ... (more)

alisanelson (Jul. 20, 2008 @ 9:26a) |

You're a terrible person

gamerver05 (Jul. 20, 2008 @ 12:48p) |

If I gave a rat's behind what people like you thought about what I post then I wouldn't have done it. Get a clue.

It's n... (more)

recompose (Jul. 20, 2008 @ 5:10p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thank you!

Man! This coupon is huge! Has anyone tried using it? Hoping this works 'cause I could really use some coffee.
Thanks for the post!!

Aside from the Starbucks Logo I see nowhere where it says exactly what this is for. I would be suprised if they would take it.

Thanks alot! Can anyone verify this works?

fitzie2 said: Aside from the Starbucks Logo I see nowhere where it says exactly what this is for. I would be suprised if they would take it.

The fine print at the bottom says:

Redeemable at participating U.S. Starbucks stores. Limited to one complimentary tall (12 fl oz.) Frappuccino, ice brewed coffee, iced espresso or iced tea beverage per person, per transaction. Cannot be combined with other offers. Cash value 1/20 cent. Offer expires 8/30/08. Barista, please ring as discount code 72.

Thanks!

Can some one pls confirm if this works or not?

thanks

THanks OP

Please report back if you have successfully used this coupon.

Give me red if you want but I highly doubt this is a valid coupon.

I used it. It was rejected at another.

Tried this yesterday and got shot down. The girl behind the counter showed us a big copy of the same coupon with "DON'T ACCEPT" written by the manager.

I would not even try this. Looks too suspicious.

Notice how if you click on the link AGAIN, it behaves differently ... you don't get the coupon again. Seems like if it was fake, they wouldn't bother to make it that way. I'm gonna try it.

One more thought. If this was a REAL coupon wouldn't it be linking to the Starbucks website, not a freebie website?

equinoxrox said: Notice how if you click on the link AGAIN, it behaves differently ... you don't get the coupon again. Seems like if it was fake, they wouldn't bother to make it that way. I'm gonna try it.

This is not an internet offer. It an instore promotion and is a postcard/sticker thingie. Someone decided to scan, upload and post it over the internet. Good luck trying to get this

I used it in Houston, TX and they accepted it. They even allowed me to get a hot drink even though the coupon said complimentary cold drink. I guess the word hasn't spread to my location yet that it's a "fake" coupon?

Mine worked out here in California. Thanks again, OP!

This even LOOKS fake. Have some dignity people!

This is absolutely a fraudulent coupon. I expect that this thread will magically disappear.

Used mine this morning with no problem at all.

It might be a real coupon. Just because your opinion is that it is not real does not mean that people shouldn't go for it.

Dignity and sweet deals are often mutually exclusive in the land of the fat wallet.

Thanks.

Hmm, if this takes off, Starbucks would NOT have any revenue till this expires. lol

Tried to use another this afternoon and they said hang on to them until it is verified through corporate. Bet a good thing is gonna end soon!

Thanks, but looks terribly fake.

Starbucks Never issues paper coupons. This is a fake.

I used for a couple of them this evening .. I went in there at 9:00 PM while they were about to close. The lady took them after looking at the coupon upside down, sideways and top to bottom whatever and adjusted the price finally. Am not sure if it was the timing that worked .. lol

dee16 said: equinoxrox said: Notice how if you click on the link AGAIN, it behaves differently ... you don't get the coupon again. Seems like if it was fake, they wouldn't bother to make it that way. I'm gonna try it.

This is not an internet offer. It an instore promotion and is a postcard/sticker thingie. Someone decided to scan, upload and post it over the internet. Good luck trying to get this

ah, i was trying to place where i've seen it before!
this is correct

Received a nasty-gram instead of a valuable coupon.

dead

This is what I found when I went to the link

Received this from Starbucks corp so we're taking this coupon down. Please check out http://www.freestuffcrazy.com for more free stuff! I wanted to let you know that there is a counterfeit reproduction of a coupon offering a free Tall (12 oz) Starbucks iced beverage posted on your site. Someone has altered the original coupon by reproducing it online and removing some of the legal language. This offer and other Starbucks promotional offers are only valid in their original format. Please remove this from your site. Thank you!

so I guess all the thoughts about a fake coupon where right. It was a real coupon altered.

Yeah, tried using it as well and it was rejected. The lady at the counter said that theyve been receiving fraud coupons like this. Also, it does say its from the starbucks site if you look at the bottom of the paper. however,it may be a coupon that you need the original one for in order for it to be accepted like someone said its really a postcard/sticker thingy.

It was a fake coupon? I used it yesterday, they were offering me a cold lemonade. I said it mentioned frappucino so I got a free tall mocha frapucino!

I am a barista the discount code it mentions works because it was originally a real coupon the printed out version is not valid. It's true form was a card that given by baristas to customers someone scanned and altered it and threw it up on the web. So yes some baristas might accept it, but only because the word has not gotten out, I personally am not accepting it and am going to mention it to my SM next time I work with her.

i've been using the print out coupon with no problem. yes, even now that i know that it's a fake. but to be fair the baristas that has been helping me out (at several different locations, i point out) couldn't care less if it's a fake or not. in fact, i've been offered venti's instead of tall's 3 times now. just a few hours ago i even came out with two venti's for free with one coupon, one was offered to my sister who was just tagging around with me.

I went to use this coupon yesterday and found out that it is a counterfit one. Don't use it. The word partcipating is spelled wrong if you really look you can see it. but thanks anyway

recompose said: i've been using the print out coupon with no problem. yes, even now that i know that it's a fake. but to be fair the baristas that has been helping me out (at several different locations, i point out) couldn't care less if it's a fake or not. in fact, i've been offered venti's instead of tall's 3 times now. just a few hours ago i even came out with two venti's for free with one coupon, one was offered to my sister who was just tagging around with me.

You're a terrible person

gamerver05 said: recompose said: i've been using the print out coupon with no problem. yes, even now that i know that it's a fake. but to be fair the baristas that has been helping me out (at several different locations, i point out) couldn't care less if it's a fake or not. in fact, i've been offered venti's instead of tall's 3 times now. just a few hours ago i even came out with two venti's for free with one coupon, one was offered to my sister who was just tagging around with me.

You're a terrible person

If I gave a rat's behind what people like you thought about what I post then I wouldn't have done it. Get a clue.

It's not like I hold the people at SB at gun point for my free drink. Like I've said, most of the time they couldn't care less or they just offer it to me anyways. If the coupon doesn't fly, hey I got no problem paying for it. No big deal, I'll get my fix either way.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014