• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Text

"Start your Amazon Prime Free Trial and get a $10 Amazon.com credit*"

*$10 Credit Offer Expires 11:59PM PST July 28th, 2008. Promotional credit is applicable only to items sold by Amazon.com. Free Trial and promotional credit available to new Amazon Prime members only. See site for details.

The $10 is automatically credited once you join. However, it does not show up in the "View Your Balance or Redeem a New Gift Certificate/Card" section of your account but it does credit when you order an item. Also, you recieve free 2 day shipping when you join Amazon Prime.

Just remember the trial is free for only 1 month

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I did this on 8/4/08 and just tried to order something, but no $10 credit applied. Help? Thoughts?

eakwave1 (Aug. 07, 2008 @ 2:45p) |

I had a very old 2nd Amazon account, I updated with SAME address and SAME CC# as my main Amazon account, and had no prob... (more)

briankh (Aug. 07, 2008 @ 3:02p) |

But you guys don't have income tax!

Is the deal still on?

g3cK0 (Aug. 29, 2008 @ 12:16p) |

If you don't want to continue the Amazon Prime membership after the free month (costs $79/yr), do the following:

In "My Account"
select "Manage Your Amazon Prime Membership" under the "subscriptions management" heading
Click "do not upgrade"

Now you don't have to remember to cancel after the end of the free month!

This promotion is available only to new Amazon Prime members - so people like me who got in on it last time are ineligible.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

nice post, Think this is the "kittle in the kat" to make me finally try prime.

This promotion is available only to new Amazon Prime members
We're sorry, but the promotion that you appear to be looking for is only available to new members of Amazon Prime. Our records indicate that you are currently or have previously been a paid or trial member of Amazon Prime.

VERY Hot!

SpinDizzy said: This promotion is available only to new Amazon Prime members
We're sorry, but the promotion that you appear to be looking for is only available to new members of Amazon Prime. Our records indicate that you are currently or have previously been a paid or trial member of Amazon Prime.

IF only.... i think we are asking for too much.. haha

DANG! I signed up YESTURDAY

thanks

do you have to call to cancel the trial?

cai17882 said: do you have to call to cancel the trial?

You login you Amazon account and Click on your Account settings, under the heading "Subscriptions Management" click on "Manage Your Amazon Prime Membership" and there will be a button on the left side that says "Do Not Upgrade"

The page will also show you the Prime Trial dates, just make sure you cancel before the last day of your trial to be sure you don't get charged the $79

Nah man, all you have to do is go to your account online and click cancel and do not renew after 1 month. You can cancel anytime dude.

No.. there is an option somewhere in the acount preferences to cx.

"Visit the Manage Your Prime Account section of Your Account and click the "Cancel membership" button."

79 dollars per year!!

Dont forget to cancel..................................

thanks!

In the good old days, I seem to remember getting a 3 or 6 month trial of Prime.

Even though I used a new email, they can still tell that I've already done the Free Trial. Are they keying off a Credit Card number, or address? Anyone know.

cheapchap said: Even though I used a new email, they can still tell that I've already done the Free Trial. Are they keying off a Credit Card number, or address? Anyone know.
both.
they key off email or creditcard or Name+address.
so a new email with same name but different address and different cc# will work.
or a new email with different name and same address and different cc# (another person basically) will also work.

Great deal. Too bad I just started the trial earlier this month and didn't get in on this deal.

thanks.

You can have it cancel after your trial right after signing up

in for a few with VCC

I got sucked in with $50 free credit towards Amazon groceries when I did a free travel and im glad I did.

been using prime for 2 years, never looked back.

Respect to those who changed their names...

nm. saw answer.

ty! another $10 off something I would never buy otherwise

If you forget to cancel the membership after the first 30-day trial, you can still cancel and get your full $79 refund as long as you don't use the Prime subscription after your 30-day trial. Personal experience.

- CCG.

Op please fix you title its $10 off your purchase you don't get a Gift Card.

And all credit goes to MoonAssassin from SlickDeals, next time give credit where credit is due instead of stealing it!!!

coolchicagoguy said: If you forget to cancel the membership after the first 30-day trial, you can still cancel and get your full $79 refund as long as you don't use the Prime subscription after your 30-day trial. Personal experience.or if you still use it a couple of times, they subtract those 2 day s/h costs. I'm not sure though if it's policy or you gotta sweet talk.

to4raiden said:

And all credit goes to MoonAssassin from SlickDeals, next time give credit where credit is due instead of stealing it!!!

NO ONE CARES. This is not Slick Deals. If they want credit they should post it here.

Just select cancel in the website which cancels your renewal. Takes about 10 seconds. No one to call, no one to pressure you to stay in the program.

u can cancel their customer service 1 800 201 7575

I just signed up, and trying to order something and the $10 does NOT show up in final confirm screen....Ideas??

I signed up .. everything went through .. a welcome screen showed up stating that $10 would be deducted from my order blabla ... I tried ordering an item (which is shipped & sold by Amazon.com) but the -$10 won't show up on the final order screen .. However, I was given the option to select Free 2-day Prime members shipping, which is grt and all but where the hek is my -$10?

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Nevermind - it worked woohooo =)

manimiao said: cai17882 said: do you have to call to cancel the trial?
u can cancel their customer service 1 800 201 7575

It takes all of 3 clicks and about 5 seconds to cancel.
Don't call them for it.

Nice and easy deal. The $10 was taken off of my order fine. Right after ordering I went into the account settings and chose the 'do not upgrade' button so once the month is over the trial will just end and not charge anything, no need to remember to cancel it later. It does not get much easier than this.

Thank you!

i just joined and canceled auto renewing in about 5 seconds

its VERY easy to new get charged a renewal
just go to the prime page and click DO NOT AUTO RENEW and confirm

carp, can't do it as i have signed up all my cc's... except the one sitting at home!

2 beach towels for .60 what a deal. Thanks Farside.

Thanks so much

Whether we just need to click"not upgrade automatically"? That will end this Membership.

Skipping 64 Messages...
taipan said: davamond said: namlook said: This expired EARLY! Damn. It's only 9 PST and promotion was to be good until 11:59 PST. I guess to many people jumped in and they killed it.
This plus the recent decision by Amazon to charge tax for NY buyers I highly suspect that Amazon has physically moved to NY.

Good, maybe I'll get to stop paying taxes living in WA State!

But you guys don't have income tax!

Is the deal still on?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014