• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Dell Home has the Xbox 360 Elite Console with Wireless Controller & Headset, 2 Faceplates, and 2 Free games (Forza Motorsport 2 & Marvel Ultimate Alliance Gold Edition) for $449 - $100 with coupon code V8Q199$GCXJWL$ [Exp 8/20] = $349 with free shipping.

Dell Home

DON'T FORGET THE DISCOUNT CODE FOR YOUR $100.00 off..........

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
MS warr is 3 yrs for rrod. If your box gives you a diff error, wrap it in a towel and run it til it shows RROD then sen... (more)

dkd711 (Aug. 19, 2008 @ 5:10p) |

yup i would never buy this thing without at least the factory warr. i would put it on a CC that has a warr. manager serv... (more)

dodgeman007 (Aug. 19, 2008 @ 5:16p) |

drstrange32,

I have searched the net for anything related to the new 360 editions coming in September about the memory ch... (more)

CheapWad (Aug. 22, 2008 @ 2:29p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Green for you. I missed out on the $150 off last week, but this will do.

Aww, i wanted the 299 back... oh well

don't forget 4% Fat Cash! Great deal OP!

The 299 deal was smoking but this deal is still great.
repped

Not a bad deal, but can be had cheaper on eBay now that 25% CashBack is working again.

25%? how?

hotdogwater said: 25%? how?
live.com cash back

how did you get the 100 dollars off?

can you use that on anything...

mikelou26therock said: how did you get the 100 dollars off?

can you use that on anything...

$100 with coupon code V8Q199$GCXJWL$ [Exp 8/20] = $349

Code only works for said product (Xbox 360 Elite System + 2 Games $349 at Dell Home). When you apply the code on anything else, it'll say the disclaimer at the bottom of the cart.

Thanks and green for you! I missed out on the last one and can't get the live.com to work on eBay for me on highdollar items. It only works on stuff I don't want. This is the next best thing. I'm hoping this is last years bundle or one made before April.

rbraden said: Not a bad deal, but can be had cheaper on eBay now that 25% CashBack is working again.

I tried and tried, but I could not get it to work on any highdollar electronics. From the live.com page everything works and I go through the eBay link, but a no go for me at the confirm buy it now screen. The things I really wanted never came up with the live.com CashBack at the confirm buy page. I went through pages looking for a Palm Centro, BB Curve, PS3, and 360.

Nice!
Green.

Man... really want to pull the trigger, but I'm also wanting to grab a PS3 when the up their core model to 80GB and for Blu-Ray...

rbraden said: Not a bad deal, but can be had cheaper on eBay now that 25% CashBack is working again.

Warranty is not transferable, even you bought it new on eBay.

With a 40% failure rate, you d better buy one from retailer.

myAmex said: rbraden said: Not a bad deal, but can be had cheaper on eBay now that 25% CashBack is working again.

Who says you can't buy it for someone as a gift and let them fill out the warranty info? Stop with the scare tactics.

Thanks! Just bought one - now I hope the price drops in September aren't as good as this.

Wish I had been able to get the $299 offer but this will have to do.

hadji said: myAmex said: rbraden said: Not a bad deal, but can be had cheaper on eBay now that 25% CashBack is working again.

Who says you can't buy it for someone as a gift and let them fill out the warranty info? Stop with the scare tactics.
myAmex is basically saying... "fleaBay buyer beware."

Thanks OP; Discovercard holders, shopdiscover recently added Dell as a CashBack partner, so if you shop through their link you get the system for $349 + 5% CashBack.

Looks like I'll be returning the Premium I bought last night for $299 to CC tonight.

Hmm paid $320 for a new 60gig Premium at CC over the weekend. My only concern is the reliability issue. I havent done much research on the different chips, etc for each system but I know that both of my friends with 360s got the rrod, one got it on 2 different systems. So does the new 60gig premium use the newer chip or is it using the same thing as these elites from last xmas? Its a hard deal to pass up if they use the same chips.

For those of you that are interested or know what im talking about; it seems the elites coming from Dell have liteon drives...

All im saying.

No offense, and not crapping on this thread - but aren't the Elite experiencing RROD problems just like the old systems? I am still waiting for the next version maybe due out next year. This version people are complaining loudly about the red ring of death. Microsoft thought they fixed it - but ooops nope. I did hear though that if it is out of warrenty you can wrap a towel around your system and attempt to fry it to get it very hot and maybe the chips will reseat themselves.

The new editions coming in September are redesigned so that the rrod problem is supposed to be addressed. The memory chips on the bottom, generating all the heat and causing problems, have been moved to the top so that the heat dissipates quicker and more efficiently.

So I read.

drstrange32 said: The new editions coming in September are redesigned so that the rrod problem is supposed to be addressed. The memory chips on the bottom, generating all the heat and causing problems, have been moved to the top so that the heat dissipates quicker and more efficiently.

So I read.

This is my problem - I read that it was fixed several times by Microsoft with different versions - but never is. I feel so sorry for people that bought it to play Madden 09 and then their system fails. I have read several reports of this so far. I suspect it is because Madden 09 really taxes the system making it hotter. It is just a theory - I would think that other games do it also. But as of now I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger on an XBOX considering it could RROD any moment. Maybe after a few months of the new system being out and proven not to die randomly I might. It is amazing the loss Microsoft has written off for handling their exchanges and extended warranties on this system due to this one problem. I head though it was because of the graphics cards, and not the RAM. I don't think anyone knows for sure, not even Microsoft, or else it would have been fixed a year ago.

Green,
Got one for my Son, Thanks OP

i received my $291 Dell elite system on tuesday and i am about positive it was either may or june 2008 manufacturing date on it. i edit my post when i get home

the system i got was made May 1, 2008

mbnva said: drstrange32 said: The new editions coming in September are redesigned so that the rrod problem is supposed to be addressed. The memory chips on the bottom, generating all the heat and causing problems, have been moved to the top so that the heat dissipates quicker and more efficiently.

So I read.

This is my problem - I read that it was fixed several times by Microsoft with different versions - but never is. I feel so sorry for people that bought it to play Madden 09 and then their system fails. I have read several reports of this so far. I suspect it is because Madden 09 really taxes the system making it hotter. It is just a theory - I would think that other games do it also. But as of now I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger on an XBOX considering it could RROD any moment. Maybe after a few months of the new system being out and proven not to die randomly I might. It is amazing the loss Microsoft has written off for handling their exchanges and extended warranties on this system due to this one problem. I head though it was because of the graphics cards, and not the RAM. I don't think anyone knows for sure, not even Microsoft, or else it would have been fixed a year ago.

Speaking of never is... There's always some rumor that the latest "hot" game (as in popular) is the one "causing the problems"... I remember people thought it was call of duty 3... then it was gears of war...then it was halo 3...

Fact is, as much as I love the system... It's engineered badly to promote heat problems. They keep trying to fix it, and I'm sure they are making progress... But even myself... I'm on my 7th warranty system. I bought the thing when they first came out... Bought a spare one after the first died so I could play while the thing was being serviced...

If you don't have a spare, expect to have downtime.

i don't think it matters what you playing sooner or later when it gets to do the rrod its going to do it ; mine personally did it while i was watching dvds

Sorry, but what does the manufacture date have to with the 360? Newer chipset? I have been reading about the new placement of RAM to help prevent RRoD...

My brother has had his Elite system for over a year now and no issues. He plays Halo, Call of Duty, etc... and no issues. *KNOCK ON WOOD*

I'm truly on the fence for this... was considering PS3, but the only advantage to that is that it's a Blu-Ray player too.

Hmm... decisions, decisions...

ranova said: For those of you that are interested or know what im talking about; it seems the elites coming from Dell have liteon drives...

All im saying.

How about elaborating so that those of us who don't know what you're talking about don't make an uninformed purchase? Thanks genius.

BentleyJava said: ranova said: For those of you that are interested or know what im talking about; it seems the elites coming from Dell have liteon drives...

All im saying.

How about elaborating so that those of us who don't know what you're talking about don't make an uninformed purchase? Thanks genius.

As of right now, 360 consoles that have the Lite On drives can't be hacked to play homebrew and backups. In other words, you can't steal games and you should think ranova is cool because they're "in the know".

Dead... Damnit, just when I was going to get in too....

just get 25% of from eBay. Use the live search 25% paypal trick.

rjj130 said: Sorry, but what does the manufacture date have to with the 360? Newer chipset? I have been reading about the new placement of RAM to help prevent RRoD...

My brother has had his Elite system for over a year now and no issues. He plays Halo, Call of Duty, etc... and no issues. *KNOCK ON WOOD*

I'm truly on the fence for this... was considering PS3, but the only advantage to that is that it's a Blu-Ray player too.

Hmm... decisions, decisions...

just buy both I did i had the 360 20 gig but decided to buy a elite so I can hook it up by hdmi like my ps3 is. one of the drawbacks on the 360 it doesn't come with wireless internet and both my wii and ps3 has is. This is a good deal but last weeks was even better with 150 bux off and 3% percent of DPA

Kaitou1412 said: just get 25% of from eBay. Use the live search 25% paypal trick.

What if I get a RRoD error??? Will M$ warrant third party purchases?

lol: Server is too busy

EDIT: hrmm: We're sorry, the coupon code you have entered has previously been redeemed.

aaaaahhh waited too loongg!! Dead now, I believe!!

Skipping 6 Messages...
drstrange32,

I have searched the net for anything related to the new 360 editions coming in September about the memory chips being moved to the top to prevent rrod/fixing the heat issue. I haven't been able to find anything. Where did you read this/can you provide a link? This is very important to me since it maybe better to wait for the September price drops versus jumping on a deal this month and having problems down the road.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014