• Go to page :
  • 1 234
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Many deals will be B&M only, some will be online.

Find Fry's Locations, Check Product Information

$150 - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 + ECS GF7050VT-M Motherboard (Frys #56659761)
$40 AR - Antec Solo Mid Tower Case ($40 Rebate)
$45 AR - Antec NeoHe 550W Power Supply ($50 Rebate)
$5 AR - Kingston 2GB MicroSD ($5 Rebate)
$10 AR - Patriot 4GB SDHC ($6 Rebate)
$15 AR - Emprex 8GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive ($20 Rebate)
$40 - Kingston 4x4GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive
$15 AR - Emprex 20x SATA Dual Layer DVD-/+ RW Drive ($15 Rebate)
$15 AR - Emprex 20x PATA DDV-/+ RW Burner ($15 Rebate)
Free AR - Canon iP3500 Photo Printer ($30 Rebate)
Free AR - Belkin USB Laptop Security Alarm ($10 Rebate)
Free AR - D-Link USB 4 Port USB Hub ($10 Rebate)
Free AR - D-Link USB PCI Card ($10 Rebate)
Free AR - Kaspersky 7 Anti-Virus (3 Users) ($55 Rebate)
$100 AR - AMW 19" Widescreen LCD Monitor ($50 Rebate)
$180 - Hyundai X224W 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor
$40 AR - Brother HL-2140 ($20 Rebate)
$70 - Panasonic KX-MB271 Laser Multi-Function Printer/Copier/Scanner
$150 - Canon Pixma MX850 Office All-In-One Printer
$20 - Airlink Wirelss N Router
$80 - Panasonic 1.9GHz DECT 6.0 4-handset Cordless Phone System w/ Answering Machine
$10 - Remington R-830L MicroFlex Extra Corded Men's Rotary Shaver
$30 - Remington MS700DT TitaniumPro Triple Foil Electric Shaver
$30 - Dirt Devil Vision Wide Glide Vacuum R086700 - Refurbished
$190 - Dyson DC-07 Vacuum Cleaner - Refurbished
$699 - Panasonic Viera TH-42PX80U 42" 720p Plasma HDTV
$999 - Panasonic Viera TH-50PX80U 50" 720p Plasma HDTV
$699 - Samsung LN32A550 32" 1080P LCD HDTV
$899 - Samsung LN37A550 37" 1080P LCD HDTV
$999 - Samsung LN40A550 40" 1080P LCD HDTV
$1299 - Samsung LN46A550 46" 1080P LCD HDTV
$1599 - Samsung LN52A550 52" 1080P LCD HDTV
$4 HD-DVD
* Wolf Creek
* Scary Movie 4
* Pulse
* Clerks 2
* Black Christmas
Edit by Moderator: Thank you for your participation. Please note that there is also discussion about this topic Here.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Here's my data point. I used the in-store pickup option and bought it on 9/1, therefore I have the store cashier receip... (more)

vws (Oct. 14, 2008 @ 3:03p) |

Sorry to bump this up, but has anybody received their $50.00 rebate check for the Antec PSU yet?

I bought mine in store (... (more)

ToxicMussels (Dec. 26, 2008 @ 2:43p) |

that's all i've heard so far. i'm not sure they took the time to scrutinized my paperwork before responding, so i might... (more)

unlisted (Dec. 26, 2008 @ 10:27p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

And yes, the credit goes to SP33DFR34K at SD

OBWan said: And yes, the credit goes to SP33DFR34K at SD

Thanks for letting me know! I'm sitting here clapping in front of my computer screen, and I would have been dong it under false pretenses if not for your timely post. Thanks!

We don't care about SD!

iceui2 said: nvm
Read the time stamp, man.
iceui2 said: Just a suggestion (you don't have to do it): Could you link each of the items? Thanks!
OBWan's original post got the link (to the really original post which consists of all the links) but it was removed by the mod. I'd green to this OP if he gets the real work done.

vws said: Read the time stamp, man.

What about it?

technically credit should go to his or her mother or father....I mean without them he or she wouldnt be here.

WHERE does it end??????

billybabe3883 said: technically credit should go to his or her mother or father....I mean without them he or she wouldnt be here.

WHERE does it end??????

The Big Bang

Oh, and p0tempkin can stop giving greens to everyone now

billybabe3883 said: OBWan said: And yes, the credit goes to SP33DFR34K at SD

technically credit should go to his or her mother or father....I mean without them he or she wouldnt be here.

WHERE does it end??????

I'd like to thank SP33DFR34K @ SD, John Fry (CEO of Fry's Electronics), the newspaper printers responsible for printing the ad, Fry's ad design team for putting in the hours of work, Microsoft for implementing Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V, my parents for never giving up on me, and my Lord and savior Jesus Christ.

Is it possible to pre-buy any of these items, and go back on monday to get the discount?

billybabe3883 said: WHERE does it end??????
Geez it's so simple, though not surprised that some of you wouldn't know. It ends when one of the following conditions hold -
1. it ends when there's no troll or @55 in this forum
2. it ends when people know and do what is moral

So you see technically it can end, but it is always those who don't want it to end keep this argument alive.

p0tempkin said: billybabe3883 said: OBWan said: And yes, the credit goes to SP33DFR34K at SD

WHERE does it end??????

I'd like to thank SP33DFR34K @ SD, John Fry (CEO of Fry's Electronics), the newspaper printers responsible for printing the ad, Fry's ad design team for putting in the hours of work, Microsoft for implementing Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V, my parents for never giving up on me, and my Lord and savior Jesus Christ.

You are not thanking FW, get out of here! ...lol...

billybabe3883 said: OBWan said: And yes, the credit goes to SP33DFR34K at SD

WHERE does it end??????

Everything will end at Fry's on Monday.

p0tempkin said: billybabe3883 said: OBWan said: And yes, the credit goes to SP33DFR34K at SD

WHERE does it end??????

Fantastic! Thanks, I needed that. Ahh, now my stomach hurts from laughing so hard.

is that cpu mobo a good deal? 150 seems decent for the quad core and budget mobo...

i'll thank the first poster at FW. afterall, nobody from SD remotely posted the handy links...

bbmattt said: is that cpu mobo a good deal? 150 seems decent for the quad core and budget mobo...
Yes, easily. The Q6600 is the best price/performance quad-core on the market.

AMD quad-cores are cheaper on average, but not as fast (even at the same clock speed).

Intel's new quad-cores (Q9300, Q9450, Q8200) are priced a lot higher for roughly the same speed and a small amount of power savings.

Newegg has the OEM Q6600 CPUs for $180 shipped, with 93% 5-star reviews. The motherboard is actually decent since it uses an NVIDIA chipset; it has decent built-in video and options. But you can always sell the motherboard and drop the net price of the CPU even lower.

Also, since it uses a 1066MHz FSB speed (as opposed to the 1333MHz FSB of the newer Intel quad-cores), it can be overclocked VERY EASILY using a small piece of electrical tape (it's called a BSEL mod, Google it).

Green for posting all the links I suggested earlier

That took some work (trust me, I tried).

p0tempkin said: Newegg has the OEM Q6600 CPUs for $180 shipped, with 93% 5-star reviews. The motherboard is actually decent since it uses an NVIDIA chipset; it has decent built-in video and options. But you can always sell the motherboard and drop the net price of the CPU even lower.

Also, since it uses a 1066MHz FSB speed (as opposed to the 1333MHz FSB of the newer Intel quad-cores), it can be overclocked VERY EASILY using a small piece of electrical tape (it's called a BSEL mod, Google it).

ECS GF7050VT-M doesn't need the BSEL mod to overclock the 1066-FSB CPUs. The BIOS menu offers FSB/memory clock adjustment down to MHz steps, either "linked" or "unlinked". Anyone can overclock with this board right out the box to the limit where the stock CPU voltage can support. The mobo doesn't support CPU voltage adjustment but one can always find the CPU voltage mod trick via google. One major negative of this board is it's single-channel memory bottleck. It cripples the CPU-memory performance severely so take note if you intend to use this combo to do intensive data computation (e.g. video processing).

BTW, Fry's no longer offers retail-boxed Q6600 in the combo deal. And recent 2008 batches are mediocre overclockers at best - don't expect to get them over 3.2GHz easily.

There is no need to to do a BSEL mod because this motherboard has firmware support for forced FSB.

vws said: ECS GF7050VT-M doesn't need the BSEL mod to overclock the 1066-FSB CPUs. The BIOS menu offers FSB/memory clock adjustment down to MHz steps, either "linked" or "unlinked". Anyone can overclock with this board right out the box to the limit where the stock CPU voltage can support. The mobo doesn't support CPU voltage adjustment but one can always find the CPU voltage mod trick via google. One major negative of this board is it's single-channel memory bottleck. It cripples the CPU-memory performance severely so take note if you intend to use this combo to do intensive data computation (e.g. video processing).
Good info, thanks. That makes overclocking even easier.

And recent 2008 batches are mediocre overclockers at best - don't expect to get them over 3.2GHz easily.
Kentsfield quads are a pain to overclock past 3.2GHz regardless simply because of cooling; you'll need a quality heatpipe heatsink with a big [loud] fan at minimum if you want to run it at 100% load past 3.2GHz. A 45nm Yorkfield quad is better for >3.2GHz because they run a lot cooler.

Xater said: Is it possible to pre-buy any of these items, and go back on monday to get the discount?
You would have to do a return/rebuy if the item had a rebate; I'm not sure they'll let you do that.

But getting the price adjusted should be easy; just make sure it's the exact same item/model# and keep your receipt.

From past experience going to Fry's Labor Day Sale, they have plenty of their sale items in stock.

Many deals will be B&M only, some will be online
what is B&M mean guy?

chelsox said: Many deals will be B&M only, some will be online
what is B&M mean guy?

B&M = Brick & Mortar = In Store Only

Are you sure $20 - Airlink Wirelss N Router?
I do not see the deal on the ad.

Link to the Ad

I only see a Airlink Wirless G router.
Sorry for the link, first time post a link. : )

Edit by Moderator: Linkified the Link

Mercurycn said: Are you sure $20 - Airlink Wirelss N Router?
I do not see the deal on the ad.

Link to the Ad

I only see a Airlink Wirless G router.
Sorry for the link, first time post a link. : )

The Labor Day Sale ad isn't out yet. I think your link is for an old sale that already expired.

Edit by Moderator: Updated quoted link.

Emprex 20x Internal Sata Dual-Layer DVD-/+RW Drive
Emprex:
FRYS.com #: 5579820

Anyone knows if this is any good? I read that some Emprex are rebadged Optiarc (Sony/NEC), but can't confirm for this model.

kkngan said: Emprex 20x Internal Sata Dual-Layer DVD-/+RW Drive
Emprex:

Anyone knows if this is any good? I read that some Emprex are rebadged Optiarc (Sony/NEC), but can't confirm for this model.

I got it on their 4th of July sale, and yes, it is a Sony Optiarc AD-7190S.

vws said: p0tempkin said: Newegg has the OEM Q6600 CPUs for $180 shipped, with 93% 5-star reviews. The motherboard is actually decent since it uses an NVIDIA chipset; it has decent built-in video and options. But you can always sell the motherboard and drop the net price of the CPU even lower.

ECS GF7050VT-M doesn't need the BSEL mod to overclock the 1066-FSB CPUs. The BIOS menu offers FSB/memory clock adjustment down to MHz steps, either "linked" or "unlinked". Anyone can overclock with this board right out the box to the limit where the stock CPU voltage can support. The mobo doesn't support CPU voltage adjustment but one can always find the CPU voltage mod trick via google. One major negative of this board is it's single-channel memory bottleck. It cripples the CPU-memory performance severely so take note if you intend to use this combo to do intensive data computation (e.g. video processing).

BTW, Fry's no longer offers retail-boxed Q6600 in the combo deal. And recent 2008 batches are mediocre overclockers at best - don't expect to get them over 3.2GHz easily.

I got lucky and got a low vcore one goes up to 3.2 with no problem haven't attempted higher

Great price on the 46 a550! I paid 1440 from Amazon, that comes to 1406 with tax. too bad Amazon just lowered to 1399, wish Amazon would adjust to 1299

p0tempkin said: Many deals will be B&M only, some will be online.

$40 - Antec Solo Mid Tower Case ($40 Rebate)
$45 - Antec NeoHe 550W Power Supply ($50 Rebate)
$5 - Kingston 2GB MicroSD ($5 Rebate)
$10 - Patriot 4GB SDHC ($6 Rebate)
$15 - Emprex 8GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive ($20 Rebate)

So are the prices you posted before the rebate or after the rebate? Please have consideration for others and post wheather the prices are before or after. Simply putting something like "$40 + $40 rebate" or "$40 After Rebate" would have worked.

Whatatay said: p0tempkin said: Many deals will be B&M only, some will be online.

$40 - Antec Solo Mid Tower Case ($40 Rebate)
$45 - Antec NeoHe 550W Power Supply ($50 Rebate)
$5 - Kingston 2GB MicroSD ($5 Rebate)
$10 - Patriot 4GB SDHC ($6 Rebate)
$15 - Emprex 8GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive ($20 Rebate)

So are the prices you posted before the rebate or after the rebate? Please have consideration for others and post wheather the prices are before or after. Simply putting something like "$40 + $40 rebate" or "$40 After Rebate" would have worked.

Added "AR" (After Rebate) to all rebate deals.

kkngan said: Emprex 20x Internal Sata Dual-Layer DVD-/+RW Drive
Emprex:

The Emprex 20x burners are rebadged Optiarc AD-7190x drives, which themselves are rebadged Lite-On DH-20A3x drives.

One more time:

The Emprex is really an Optiarc which is really a Lite-On.

And yes, they are good, although now officially discontinued. Optiarc's latest and greatest is the AD-720x series, which has brought back the genuine NEC glory (no more rebadges). Lite-On is going to release new 22x burners within the next few days (literally), and is no longer making the 20A3 drives. This is still a good deal despite that.

Heads-up. I'd avoid the Panasonic laser AIO for $70. I bought one from Frys earlier at this price, and the build quality is very poor, and reliability is iffy at best. You're ahead with a Samsung or Brother laser and a budget inkjet AIO for scanning.

i think the credit should go to Chistopher Columbus.

I don't see anything in that list that's a really good deal!

pass, but thanks anyways!!!!

32 Green for OP and 41 net red for OBWan... I love it.

wish fatwallet will just start deleting accounts that reply to topics that came from sd.

Nothing for me.. oh well, I guess I'll go to the mall today and see what I can get into.

Skipping 98 Messages...
ToxicMussels said: Sorry to bump this up, but has anybody received their $50.00 rebate check for the Antec PSU yet?

sorry. i meant to post an update last week, but forgot.

rebatestatus.com, the website for rebate processor CPG, filed chapter 11.

antec is personally handling outstanding rebates: http://www.antec.com/rebate.html

i emailed rebateproblems@antec.com (as instructed at that url) a PDF of scans of my previously submitted rebate paperwork (completed rebate form, UPC, fry's webpage clearly stating rebate was valid for online purchases, and receipt). in the email message body i included a link to rebatestatus.com's status of my rebate. within hours i received the following response:

rebates@antec.com said: Thank you for sending Antec your rebate information.

Your rebate information has been received and will be processed for approval and payment. We will contact you if we have further questions.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing of our rebate processor, Continental Promotions Group.

Thank you for your business, and thank you for your patience while we deal with this unexpected and unfortunate situation.

-Antec

that's all i've heard so far. i'm not sure they took the time to scrutinized my paperwork before responding, so i might yet get rejected (though rebatestatus.com originally showed it as accepted, it now says that my rebate's status is unknown).

so hopefully you kept copies so you can copy the copies and either email or snail-mail them to antec (see above url).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014