• Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Register To Download Norton 360 Version 3.0 Beta

Norton Download Link

Give it a spin and report back here!

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Norton 2009 (Antivirus and Internet Security) is really fast and no longer resource hogs.

cawang (Feb. 06, 2009 @ 9:11p) |

How is this different from Norton Internet Security 2009 plus Systemworks Basic Edition plus Norton Ghost which was FAR ... (more)

oxnardprof (Feb. 06, 2009 @ 9:21p) |

I got the FREE home edition bundle of BLINK, from Eeye. Comes with a 1 year subscription.

link

It has the whole suite:
- ... (more)

disenchanted (Feb. 06, 2009 @ 9:27p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary

Thanks for the post, but with Norton's previous versions being such resource hogs, I think I'll pass on installing beta software of theirs.

If you want good free anti-virus, just goto
http://www.free-av.com

How is the Beta version different from the version you buy in a box at the store?

Thanks

starting NAV2009, norton got great review, I know many of my friends are using the Norton 360 without any issues
downloading,
direct link

It will also work with Windows 7, if you are the adventurous type.

Using it with Windows 7. It installed easily, and has been fairly uneventful/unobtrusive so far. Just the way I like it.

djspray said: Using it with Windows 7. It installed easily, and has been fairly uneventful/unobtrusive so far. Just the way I like it.

Give it time

azz777 said: starting NAV2009, norton got great review, I know many of my friends are using the Norton 360 without any issues
downloading,
direct link

I clicked on your link, and got:

"Restricted
We are sorry that we are unable to process your request for Symantec beta products at this time. Symantec screens orders to ensure Symantec does not export products in breach of government regulations. As part of the screening process, your request has been cancelled at this time for one of the following reasons: There is a temporary export restriction from the country of origin to the destination country. Please try again in 15 days. If you feel that you have received this notification in error, please send an email to: Export_Screening_Concern@symantec.com."

Bad omen. I struggled with Norton products for about 7 years, with faulty installations, program error messages, system performance issues, and uninstallation issues. Yes, I too heard the newest 09 stuff is better, but for me, it's too little, too late, so I've moved on.

pentiuman said: azz777 said: starting NAV2009, norton got great review, I know many of my friends are using the Norton 360 without any issues
downloading,
direct link

"Restricted
We are sorry that we are unable to process your request for Symantec beta products at this time. Symantec screens orders to ensure Symantec does not export products in breach of government regulations. As part of the screening process, your request has been cancelled at this time for one of the following reasons: There is a temporary export restriction from the country of origin to the destination country. Please try again in 15 days. If you feel that you have received this notification in error, please send an email to: Export_Screening_Concern@symantec.com."

Bad omen. I struggled with Norton products for about 7 years, with faulty installations, program error messages, system performance issues, and uninstallation issues. Yes, I too heard the newest 09 stuff is better, but for me, it's too little, too late, so I've moved on.

Link worked fine for me.

Only good for 90 days, I'll stick with AVG Free.

Markfaafp said: How is the Beta version different from the version you buy in a box at the store?

Thanks

Beta = testing the next version for bugs/problems before it's released for sale. There should be no major difference, after it's released.

dmr said: Only good for 90 days, I'll stick with AVG Free.

I'll stick with linux, nice not to think about it.

Avg is good though, Avira too, Avast, but I've cleaned up a few that have gotten by Avast.

pentiuman said: azz777 said: starting NAV2009, norton got great review, I know many of my friends are using the Norton 360 without any issues
downloading,
direct link

"Restricted

Happened to me too. I turned on cookies and it downloaded fine. I'm going to try it on Windows 7. The new Norton Internet Security is not the resource hog of previous versions so I'm hoping this flows through.

Please note that installing this Beta will uninstall some Symantec and/or other third-party programs already installed on your machine. Please ensure that you have your prior product media (i.e., compact disks) so that you can re-install your products after the Beta version expires. This Beta release will expire on March 27, 2009. At that time, you will need to uninstall the Beta software and re-install your prior Norton product. Or, you can purchase the full version and install it.

At least it's priced where it should be!

bump

Pyech!
After uninstalling my NAV which was to expire at the end of Feb, I get this which says I am due to expire in 14 days! Not March 27 like you other guys.

360 v2.0 isnt a resource hog like V.1 was

downloading,
direct link

"Restricted

Now I'm getting this same error. Was going to use this with WIN7 but it wont download but I get the install key.

I can download, but it only valid for 14 days...

CornHusker said: I can download, but it only valid for 14 days...

It lets you extend the expiration date when you get close to 14 days. It just gave me another 3 weeks.

Norton 2009 (Antivirus and Internet Security) is really fast and no longer resource hogs.

How is this different from Norton Internet Security 2009 plus Systemworks Basic Edition plus Norton Ghost which was FAR from Frys recently?

BTW, Norton 360 is $10 after rebate at Frys this weekend.

I got the FREE home edition bundle of BLINK, from Eeye. Comes with a 1 year subscription.

link

It has the whole suite:
- Firewall
- Antispy
- Anti virus

- patch vulnerability scanner.
( I found severals apps needing patches, after running the vulnerability scan).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014