One day Sams Club pass but no 10% service fee

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
This is a great deal for anyone wanting to go to Sams Club minus the 10% service charge. Great deal as normally you have to pay the service charge.

Bring in this pass to avoid a 10% service fee that applies on all non-Member purchases
when shopping with this one-day guest pass (not applicable in CA, SC or Elmsford, NY).
The Sam’s Club® one-day guest pass is good for one day only. Only original certificates
will be accepted. You must pay for your purchases with cash, debit card (see Club for
qualifying networks), Wal-Mart® Credit, MasterCard® or Discover® card only (no
checks). You may apply for Membership, subject to qualifications, while visiting any
Sam’s Club location or online at SamsClub.com. Guest pass not valid on SamsClub.com.
To view our privacy policy, visit SamsClub.com.
Good through March 31, 2009.

Link

Member Summary

samsClubNoFeePassExp3/31/09 (122.15kB)
Thanks daBomb
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
any new pass? thanks.

domeng (Jul. 07, 2009 @ 5:39p) |

Any new pass without the 10% service fees?

Thanks

sant (Aug. 12, 2009 @ 9:24a) |

I need one too

mikita (Aug. 12, 2009 @ 9:33a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

Thanks OP!

Thank you!

"Only original certificates will be accepted"

So we can't just print the pdf and use it?

Service fee waiver not valid in California or South Carolina.

gosocks said: Service fee waiver not valid in California or South Carolina.

I'm thinking that they mean the 10% service fee isn't applicable in the states listed with guess passes. I read somewhere that its against the law in California for companies to charge service fees with promotions like this. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

TY, OP. Piranha you deserve!

Thaaaank You OP !

thebestpkever said: gosocks said: Service fee waiver not valid in California or South Carolina.

I'm thinking that they mean the 10% service fee isn't applicable in the states listed with guess passes. I read somewhere that its against the law in California for companies to charge service fees with promotions like this. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm interested too. I'm from SC.

no2msrp said: "Only original certificates will be accepted"

I guess you can try. How tight is security at Sam's Club?

What do you mean by only original certificates accepted? We can't just print it and bring it in?

Awesome. Piranha you deserve!

Maybe Costco will accept competitor's coupons????

Is the 'not good in CA, ...' clause deceptive? I seem to recall reading on another post here that CA prohibits them from charging the 10% surcharge even if you just go and ask for a day-pass. Is it really 'not necessary in CA, ...'?

Does anyone know the story on that?

no2msrp said: "Only original certificates will be accepted"

It's a Sam's Club / Allstate promotion. The PDF is hosted on the Allstate site, so it is valid to print take in.

MarcSL said: This is a great deal for anyone wanting to go to Sams Club minus the 10% service charge. Great deal as normally you have to pay the service charge.

Bring in this pass to avoid a 10% service fee that applies on all non-Member purchases
when shopping with this one-day guest pass (not applicable in CA, SC or Elmsford, NY).
The Sam’s Club® one-day guest pass is good for one day only. Only original certificates
will be accepted. You must pay for your purchases with cash, debit card (see Club for
qualifying networks), Wal-Mart® Credit, MasterCard® or Discover® card only (no
checks). You may apply for Membership, subject to qualifications, while visiting any
Sam’s Club location or online at SamsClub.com. Guest pass not valid on SamsClub.com.
To view our privacy policy, visit SamsClub.com.
Good through March 31, 2009.

Link

Thank you OP for sharing!!

Perfect timing...

So can we use it in CA or not? Without the 10% service fee.

Thanks!

thanks a lot

Thanks OP!! Much better deal than the BJ's one.. That one sucked... I mean who wants to pay an extra 15%??

thank you!

Thanks! Been looking for it!

Thanks OP!!

Green for OP. BTW this is a universal coupon. If you sign in at allstate's site to get the coupon you get the same bar code.

Thanks!

Thank you OP!

pirahna sauce

Is the link dead?

can any one of you post the link of the one day pass, I am not able to fing it.

link died

Sorry, we could not find the page you were looking for.

No worries. Go here and when the page loads there will be a link in the center for the deal.

requires a registration now it appears.

How does Sams Club compare to Costco? I'd prefer informed opinions please

These deals worry me. I remember Fedco doing these types of things before they went of business. Sams is much bigger, but it tells you how deperate companies are.

I like it! Green from me OP. Thanks!

They shouldn't charge a membership fee to begin with. Wal-Mart doing bad is still multi-billions of profits. Even if they don't make any money with the poor economy they have already made billions.

advocatus said: How does Sams Club compare to Costco? I'd prefer informed opinions please

I'm a Sam's Club member and have been for years. No Costco within 50 miles of me, so do not shop there regularly. They are similar in concept in that you pay a fee for the privilege of shopping there. I only buy certain things at Sam's such as some bulk groceries, office supplies (Printer ink) and occasional odds and ends, but I am not sure I buy enough to justify the up-front expense. The good thing about these places is their no questions asked return policies and 100% satisfaction guarantee.

Judging from the number of Costco deals seen here and elsewhere, I get the impression Costco tries to be more competitive with electronics and the like. At Sam's, I don't see that. WalMart in the area often have better prices on same/similar items. They do have pharmacy and optical dept in many stores, which I believe you do NOT need a Sam's membership to use. If you were to pay for a Sam's membership and were unhappy with it, you could get it refunded without question or penalty.

usadaytrader said: These deals worry me. I remember Fedco doing these types of things before they went of business. Sams is much bigger, but it tells you how deperate companies are.
There's no desperation here. Sam's gives out these one-day passes a few times every year. The whole membership fee is just a scam to make people feel special, like they're in an exclusive whites-only country club where they can get secret stock tips from one of the Madoff brothers. There is just no way a $30-$50 annual fee is the _only_ thing keeping Sam's or Costco in the black.

Skipping 41 Messages...
sant said: Any new pass without the 10% service fees?

Thanks

I need one too

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014