• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
UPDATE
I just received an email directly from giveandget@gapinc.2.delivery.ne with this coupon. In addition, a one time use online promo code was included. So, check your emails!

Did a search and didn't see this yet.

Get 30% off during our Friends & Family event. We're calling it Give & Get because for every purchase you make, we give 5% of the amount you spend to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society; and in thanks, you get a 30% discount on your total purchase.

Print Coupon

Offer valid March 12, 2009 at 12:01 am ET through March 15, 2009 at 11:59 pm PT at Gap, Gap Outlet, Banana Republic, Banana Republic Factory Store, and Old Navy stores in the U.S. only (including Puerto Rico). NOT VALID ONLINE. 30% discount cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts. Discount applies only to Eligible Purchases which are merchandise only, not gift cards, merchandise purchased with a gift card, packaging, applicable taxes or telephone orders placed to stores or customer service 1-800/888 numbers. Not valid on Gap (Product) RED™, Junk Food™, Converse®, Havianas®, Medela®, CharmIt!®, and robeez®. Not valid for cash or cash equivalent. Gap Inc. will donate an amount equal to 5% of Eligible Purchases to the non-profit partner designated or, if no non-profit partner has been designated, such donation will be divided among Gap Inc. approved non-profit partners in Gap Inc.'s sole discretion. Gap Inc.'s total donations to all US and Canada non-profit partners shall not exceed $1.5 million. Such donation does not entitle any offer recipient to claim a charitable contribution deduction. Merchandise cannot be put on hold at any time during offer period. Return of discounted merchandise will be for the price actually paid. Exchanges for different sizes are permitted; however, discount will not be applied to exchanges for different merchandise. Reproductions or photocopies of offer card will not be accepted. Not responsible for lost or stolen offer cards. Offer is not transferable or valid for resale. No price adjustments are allowed on previous purchases or on purchases made with this discount.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
This is not always the case. I have a shirt I purchased from the outlet which was also offered in the BR store. It was... (more)

Ducati (Mar. 15, 2009 @ 10:39a) |

I just put this code in the coupon forum. I don't think anyone was looking in there.

Here goes...please post when its use... (more)

suppershopper (Mar. 15, 2009 @ 9:13p) |

used, thanks!!!

bnguyen (Mar. 15, 2009 @ 9:30p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

green

Does this apply to Baby Gap?

does anyone know if this will be good on clearance items?

Thanks Op! This is going to come in handy for some new BR Jeans.

tyop!

This is a great deal, will work very nicely with the Discover Rewards $100 GAP card that costs $80. Thanks Op!

Archon810 said: This is a great deal, will work very nicely with the Discover Rewards $100 GAP card that costs $80. Thanks Op!

TY!

Sweeeeeeeeeet thanks for this post.
Hey RZ1 I have used a 30% coupon on clearance things at the factory stores in the past which gave me major savings.

still 2 weeks away, cannot wait!

thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks!

thanks OP!

solrac said: Sweeeeeeeeeet thanks for this post.
Hey RZ1 I have used a 30% coupon on clearance things at the factory stores in the past which gave me major savings.

1. I hate when these things are not available online. My size (small) is often not in the stores.

2. A reminder, BR Factory Outlet clothes are usually NOT the same clothes found in the BR Stores. It is usually special items of lesser quality made for the outlet stores only and can be detected by "three stars" that appear on the product label near the name "Banana Republic". There are no stars on the labels of items made for the main stores. It's how Banana Republic tells a cheaper item made for the outlets from a higher quality item made for the regular stores.

Personally, I think it's sneaky as heck to make special clothes for your outlets since consumers assume outlet offers come from the main stores. Not the case here.

I guess the economy is hurting every body, didn't BR, gap just had an 30% off Friends & Family event 2 months ago? NO for me.

I guess the economy is hurting every body, didn't BR, gap just had an 30% off Friends & Family event 2 months ago? NO for me.

Green to the OP!
The little lady and I will raid our 2-3 nearest BR stores, they have great stuff usually!

Fyi, ...

COBBCITY said: solrac said: Sweeeeeeeeeet thanks for this post.

1. I hate when these things are not available online. My size (small) is often not in the stores.

2. A reminder, BR Factory Outlet clothes are usually NOT the same clothes found in the BR Stores. It is usually special items of lesser quality made for the outlet stores only and can be detected by "three stars" that appear on the product label near the name "Banana Republic". There are no stars on the labels of items made for the main stores. It's how Banana Republic tells a cheaper item made for the outlets from a higher quality item made for the regular stores.

Personally, I think it's sneaky as heck to make special clothes for your outlets since consumers assume outlet offers come from the main stores. Not the case here.

... BR (or Gap etc) aren't the only ones who do this. Compare the stuff in Tommy, RL, BCBG, Guess etc stores and you'll see that (a lot, but not all of their) Outlet stuff is a step down in quality/appearance etc. You have to keep an eye out for good items at good prices - Caveat Emptor. Don't *just* brand shop!

Archon810 said: This is a great deal, will work very nicely with the Discover Rewards $100 GAP card that costs $80. Thanks Op!

I was hoping the same thing, but the T&C on the bottom of the coupon exclude purchases made with a gift card:

"30% discount cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts. Discount applies only to Eligible Purchases which are merchandise only, not gift cards, merchandise purchased with a gift card, packaging, applicable taxes or telephone orders placed to stores or customer service 1-800/888 numbers."

If it's not programmed in the system to automatically void the discount on purchases made with a giftcard you could probably get a checker to overlook it, but if it is programmed in, you'll have a hard time stacking.

I am not sure if you understand right. it said you can not purchase gift card using this coupon, but you can purchase anything using gift card together with this coupon.

Archon810 said:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a great deal, will work very nicely with the Discover Rewards $100 GAP card that costs $80. Thanks Op!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was hoping the same thing, but the T&C on the bottom of the coupon exclude purchases made with a gift card:

"30% discount cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts. Discount applies only to Eligible Purchases which are merchandise only, not gift cards, merchandise purchased with a gift card, packaging, applicable taxes or telephone orders placed to stores or customer service 1-800/888 numbers."

If it's not programmed in the system to automatically void the discount on purchases made with a giftcard you could probably get a checker to overlook it, but if it is programmed in, you'll have a hard time stacking.

most outlets carry seconds or returned items

tishoo said: Green to the OP!
The little lady and I will raid our 2-3 nearest BR stores, they have great stuff usually!

Fyi, ...

... BR (or Gap etc) aren't the only ones who do this. Compare the stuff in Tommy, RL, BCBG, Guess etc stores and you'll see that (a lot, but not all of their) Outlet stuff is a step down in quality/appearance etc. You have to keep an eye out for good items at good prices - Caveat Emptor. Don't *just* brand shop!

2nd !

haw03001 said: lenord said: I was hoping the same thing, but the T&C on the bottom of the coupon exclude purchases made with a gift card:

I am not sure if you understand right. it said you can not purchase gift card using this coupon, but you can purchase anything using gift card together with this coupon.

I think lenord does have it right. The sentence in question is very ambiguous. Grammatically, it implies that purchases with gift cards are included, but if you read the rest of the sentence, it mentions applicable packaging and applicable taxes. Those two items are USUALLY excluded from discounts. Also, the GAP intended this coupon to be used In-Store only so telephone orders are probably excluded as well. Hence, everything mentioned after the word "not" is not eligible.

I think the sentence should've been written this way: Discount applies only to Eligible Purchases which are merchandise only and not gift cards, merchandise purchased with a gift card, packaging, applicable taxes or telephone orders placed to stores or customer service 1-800/888 numbers. The word "and" should've been used instead of the comma.

I think I'm right unless someone else can confirm.

Ducati said: haw03001 said: lenord said: I was hoping the same thing, but the T&C on the bottom of the coupon exclude purchases made with a gift card:

I think lenord does have it right. The sentence in question is very ambiguous. Grammatically, it implies that purchases with gift cards are included, but if you read the rest of the sentence, it mentions applicable packaging and applicable taxes. Those two items are USUALLY excluded from discounts. Also, the GAP intended this coupon to be used In-Store only so telephone orders are probably excluded as well. Hence, everything mentioned after the word "not" is not eligible.

I think the sentence should've been written this way: Discount applies only to Eligible Purchases which are merchandise only and not gift cards, merchandise purchased with a gift card, packaging, applicable taxes or telephone orders placed to stores or customer service 1-800/888 numbers. The word "and" should've been used instead of the comma.

I think I'm right unless someone else can confirm.

I am sure that its based on the sales person. last time the same 30% coupon, I had tough time use this coupon with gap gift card in gap store, the sales person didn't allow me. But in gap outlet i could able to use it with gap gift card.

i believe you can't use GC with coupon because you can buy GC with XX% off for associate.

Friends & Family is quite the diluted phrase in this day and age. It actually used to be that twice/year savings bonanza. Now, it's actually a "shell" savings of 30%. 50-60% would be more like it. Or, like jcrew, 40% extra sale + student discounts (15%) + free shipping.

Thanks!

They definitely make different clothes for the outlets, with different fits too. The 'slim' fit at an outlet is for a slim whale, and the normal size shirts would accommodate the worlds fattest man easily. the target market of an outlet store is the typical american though, which is why everything is sized 500x the usual.

If I were to bring this coupon to a BR outlet, and the sweater is already 30%, will I get another 30% off with this coupon? I know it says cannot combine with other discounts, so ths coupon will essentially be useless unless the stuff I am going to get is regular priced?

thanks so much! (When they had this promotion months before I got the sale price and the 3 0% off)!

I just received an email directly from giveandget@gapinc.2.delivery.ne with this coupon. In addition, a one time use online promo code was included. So, check your emails!

thx op

I received the email from giveandget@gapinc.2.delivery.net but didn't get an online promo code.

Thanks OP. Hope this works on clearance items!

Just found my email in the spam folder, and it has a one time online coupon code at the bottom. Yipee!!!!

IntegraACR said: If I were to bring this coupon to a BR outlet, and the sweater is already 30%, will I get another 30% off with this coupon? I know it says cannot combine with other discounts, so ths coupon will essentially be useless unless the stuff I am going to get is regular priced?

Same question.

I think if it's on sale/clearance at the store you would get an additional 30% off, but I don't think that's how it's written.

Just came back from the clearance center and used a gift card...No questions asked. Also got a different 30% coupon from a friend that works at the gap and it does not exclude using a gift card for purchases.

does anyone have a code they are not planning to use?

Got the email, unfortunately 30% off no longer cuts it anymore.

I have been a long time shopper and fan of BR and even an BR lux member. I have now found that its best to get clothe at discount from gilt, ruelala, or hautelook. I just bought a Zegna blazer for 70% from ruelala, and John Veratos dress shirt for about 60% off.

Skipping 11 Messages...
suppershopper said: I just put this code in the coupon forum. I don't think anyone was looking in there.

Here goes...please post when its used.

BF8QHY8QR4JN

used, thanks!!!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014