ECS G31T-M MB $25 - DFW area FRY's B&M

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Link to ad

DFW Area Fry's have the ECS G31T-M motherboard for $25 (limit 3 per customer). There is no CPU included - just the motherboard. I know a lot of you hate ECS but this may be a fair deal for someone who needs a cheap MB. The ad says no rainchecks and no substitutions. Sale price good thru 3/5/09

Other item of interest Coolmax NB-200 notebook cooler $4.99 - no rebate!

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Chicago too.!

They had atleast a 100 of them here last week, think they want to get rid of them, BIOS was May 07,ran out of the box on E5200 but had to update Bios later.

Make sure you get it going right away, 15 day return policy..

Micro ATX, Intel cpu`s,Core2, Quad/ Core2 Duo..

Not much for overclocking options, but running stable from 2.5 to 3.26..with good ram..

Pretty bottom of the line but they can get the job done..price is sure darn good..

Same offer in Houston.

There were less than 10 boxes on the table when I checked on the expired $90 E5200 combo. I didn't check inventory. There was probably a bunch somewhere....especially with a limit of 3 now...

Got one of these MBs in a combo last summer and it died in November...just a fair warning.

I don't have a spare Intel CPU to test this motherboard. Otherwise, I will get one.
Frys' offers 15-day return policy.

Got a stack of mobos similar to these 7071, G33, 945, etc from the various CPU deals. Must be nice to be able to get $25 for them.

Bought one at Palo Alto store, for $25 is a bargain.

Thanks OP

Willsonville, OR showed 6 in the computer at 9am today. They could only find 2; both returns. Generously discounted to $24.90, and one was missing the I/O shield!! I went ahead and bought the complete one, am testing it now.

-EDIT: Processor cover all gooped up with grease. Carefully cleaned it up, socket looks ok. Tried 3 supported CPU's, 2 sets of RAM, 2 Power Supplies, and both onboard and external graphics. It's DEAD. Nothing on the monitor or the PCI POST diagnostics card. I lost the bet that the returned board would work and it's going to cost me another 60mile round trip. I almost never buy the returned crap, but I know the odds are against me. I noticed that it's got TWO returned stickers layered on it. I should have looked more carefully. GRR. Looks like it was returned TODAY. I bought it an hour after they opened. I'll bet it wasn't tested. I'm going to complain about that when I return it, the sticker says it was "checked."

Woodland Hills Frys had tons of these for same price as stated by OP, mostly all with "returned" labels on them.
That should tell ya how good they really are huh .. ??

Buyer beware

Seller beware too, 1/2 these people buying circuit boards don,t know what there doing.

But, ECS support and quality control won,t make the top 10 either..

I got a Asus open box cheap that some moron declared was bad..

Some of these ECS`s are like that old 13 inch Goldstar tv down at the junkyard thats been
going for 20 some years..Its like anything electronic, if it runs out of the box, its going
to run for quiet awhile..and computers are so out dated after about 5 years they don,t have
to last all that long..

If you want better quality your going to have to pull another $50 to $75 out of your pocket.!

ATTENTION: Here is the main reason for so many returns. This mobo ships with an older version of Bios, which doesn't support many Duo and Quad CPU's, E8500 being one of them. The process is to install an older CPU (I used Pentium D), then using my other PC, I created a bootable CD with BIOS update utility downloaded from ECS website, have the ECS PC boot up using your boot CD, and from DOS prompt update BIOS. Once the BIOS update is completed, you should be able to swap out your older CPU with a newer one, which was not previously recognized by your BIOS.

just got 1 of these from burbank,CA for $25. The guy told me they were all sold out, except the open boxes, but then he realized they had just gotten a new shipment. He checked inventory and sure enough, 27 of them just came in. They are in a different/new box but it's the same board in there. If your store was sold out, might want to check it again.

steveskorp said: ATTENTION: Here is the main reason for so many returns. This mobo ships with an older version of Bios, which doesn't support many Duo and Quad CPU's, E8500 being one of them. The process is to install an older CPU (I used Pentium D), then using my other PC, I created a bootable CD with BIOS update utility downloaded from ECS website, have the ECS PC boot up using your boot CD, and from DOS prompt update BIOS. Once the BIOS update is completed, you should be able to swap out your older CPU with a newer one, which was not previously recognized by your BIOS.
It's just the 45nm E0 stepping chips that the pre-installed BIOS doesn't recognize yet. Any pre-E0 stepping (and 65nm) chips will be able to POST and update the BIOS. You don't need a very old chip to get it done.

PS. Check your C2D steppings here. Check your C2Q steppings here. Anything that's not included above, use this CPU finder.

Bought this one beofre from Frys local store for $19.99. Basic board for basic build. $25 is not a bad deal but not great...........

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014