• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
As some are reporting, now seems to only be taking 70% off $1 filler items

So here's how to get the most bang for your buck right now at E.L.F. Cosmetics. Don't forget 5% Live.com Cash Back, which takes 5% off the pre-coupon price! Also there is a $9.99 magazine rebate available also. I've attached the rebate form at the bottom.

Buy a Gift Card for $74 (make sure you put your email for it to be sent to) and a $1 filler item

At checkout, enter promo code RNDMDSC70ER84 which is good for 70% off sitewide (note you cannot use it for only a gift card, which is why you need to buy a $74 gift card and $1 filler). Your total will be around $27 and change (for a $74 gift card and $1 item mind you!). Free shipping since you are spending $75.

You will be emailed the gift card code within a minute or two.

Now you can go back to ELF and buy another $75 worth of items, enter the 70% promo code, and enter your gift card code. It should take off roughly $27.xx from your gift card balance (this is after figuring the 70% discount). When checking out, it may look like it is doing it incorrect, but don't worry, the final page will show correctly.

You should be able to do this two times, and have around $19.xx left for the third order. So you may end up paying around $8 for the third order.

Note: the maximum discount is $49 when using the promo code. When I had $75 of products in my cart, the discount came out to $47.64. I needed to have $75 to get free shipping (otherwise shipping is $6.95). It wouldn't make sense to put more than $75 of products in your cart for each order because then you wouldn't get the full discount.

credit to some people on sd for the idea, however I typed this up myself to make it clear to everyone hopefully.

I placed 4 orders (including the original one containing the $74 gift card). All in all, for around $35 (before Live CB and mag rebate), you get around $225 in products. Live.com Cash Back is $3.75 per order (based on $75) and the magazine rebate is $9.99. So $35 - $3.75 (x4) - $9.99 = $10 total!

also note: you cannot buy a gift card with a gift card.

If someone comes up with another way to do even better, please share and I can update this post as needed.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
the rebate says one per household. so it is one for all your orders, even if they come with different kinds of magazines... (more)

xkatpascualx (Mar. 27, 2009 @ 3:47p) |

Received all orders!

jomiryz (Mar. 27, 2009 @ 3:54p) |

i made an order yesterday of $75 worth of E.L.F. product and only got $7.50 off .. (i did enter the code for the 70% off... (more)

dreambabi (Mar. 29, 2009 @ 9:47a) |

:
--DEAD--
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

when does the coupon code expire?

xkatpascualx said: when does the coupon code expire?

don't know. I would do it in a hurry though. Hopefully they won't cancel orders.

thanx a lot still!

they are going to cancel them. There is no way this is gonna fly

I must have done something wrong.

At the end of each order after applying the 70% first then the gift card it would always say my total was ($8.00).

When I went to try the 3rd order my gift card balance was only $3. It charged me an extra $8.00 each order. Maybe when the website calms down they will re-credit the gift card the $16.00, but I will have to wait. Wonder what I did wrong?

1 RNDMDSC70ER84 70% OFF!
1 GiftCard Gift Card Discount
1 8888 Free Shipping!
1 1604 Toe Separators
1 1520 clear, white, light pink French Manicure Set clear/white/light pink
1 81401 black
1 81402 dark brown
1 6601 Small-Sheer
1 21202 Black Organizer
1 35007 The Beauty Encyclopedia
1 51032 Gift Pack
Total: ($8.00)

Worked perfectly! Hope they don't cancel orders!

Good deal but pity the makeup leaves a lot to be desired, good for a teenager though!

Throw in the funny ELF shoes and the hat and it's a deals.

Wake up people.. ELF has been selling low priced cosmetics forever.. this is a bigger discount than usual, but your orders will not get canceled. just be realistic about what you're buying. ELF sells low-priced make up - they are like Family Dollar of makeup. I heard some people say that it is still ok quality but remember, it is cheap for a reason (remember toxic paint on toys from china).

on a side note - i find it hilarious that people buy make-up from a company called ELF. Reminds me of a clothing company in my youth called BUM. Whats next - a condom company called LEAKS ? Thumbs up for anyone who can think of a more inappropriate name for a company.

Thanks. Decided on my third order not to go all the way up to $75 and pay more out of pocket. Just got $40 worth of stuff, paid the $6.95 shipping (on gift card) and had a balance of $0.32 on the gift card. I have no idea what I'm going to do with all this crap.

Is this the stuff I use to E.L.F. myself?

edrucker said: I have no idea what I'm going to do with all this crap.

Crap is the key word.

Before you all red line me, have a listen because I just want to help.

I used the ELF mineral line for about six months last year. I did this because they were cheap, it was my first time using that type of make-up and I was hoping the Elf stuff might be a suitable alternative. I was trying to be cheap and avoid paying the higher cost of Bare Escutials or similar make-up line. I was very wrong The mineral make-up has alot of filler in it and does not cover the face well at all. It also wipes off very easily.

I also have ordered their brushes, bags, bath/body items and other assorted stuff. Nothing I received from them was worth even the extreme discounted prices I paid. (always used the 50% off codes when they came around) The brushes break, the make-up bags fall apart in short order. The bath/body stuff is made with very cheap ingrediants and does not smell very good imo. About the only thing I found that I did like was the mineral eyeshadows aren't "terrible" but they still are not the same quality as other makers of the same type of make-up.

At the beginning of this year, I ordered the starter kit for Bare Escutials and the difference is unbelievable. That make-up is worth every penny. It lasts all day and then some, does not wipe off, has kept my face clear of blemishes and gets me compliments everywhere I go. Hope this helps someone else. I wish that I had the benefit of knowledge like this before I spent the money I did on the Elf line. Just not worth it.

I bought a whole bunch of stuff from elf because it was dirt cheap. I use their products everyday, and of course its not as good as the higher end cosmetics-but I love their brushes (which only were $1 each) and I use their eye shadow everyday.

awwwww.. I did the first purchase just fine and then i waited to this morning to try for the 2nd purchase, but it's only giving me a maximum of $7.50 discount with the 70% off coupon code!!! i guess they figured it out..

littlepigs said:
on a side note - i find it hilarious that people buy make-up from a company called ELF. Reminds me of a clothing company in my youth called BUM. Whats next - a condom company called LEAKS ? Thumbs up for anyone who can think of a more inappropriate name for a company.

you obviously have never shopped at tarte cosmetics.

http://www.tartecosmetics.com/

Ordered the gift card and 1 filler and then did a 2nd order of $75 worth and got 70% off. When I went to do the next order and put in the 70% off code, the most it will take off now is 7.50.

You are a genius!

I must have screwed something up because at the checkout (after getting my 70% off gift card), I entered the 70% off again and my gift cert # and only 10% was deducted.

I erased my shopping cart and re-did the order twice with the same results... either someone there is catching on, or I just messed up (which I think is what happened).

However, despite my incorrectly following directions, I ordered a lot of products for $26!

Thank you!

FYI all E.L.F. products are made in China. I was very disappointed to discover this on the label. Their products IMHO were on par with Wet & Wild, Milani, and other "dollar store" brands ~ ultimately you get what you pay for!

they figured it out, it only take 70 cent off the $1 filler

now it is just deducting the 70% from the $1 filler item it seems....

teutonicgirl said: FYI all E.L.F. products are made in China. I was very disappointed to discover this on the label. Their products IMHO were on par with Wet & Wild, Milani, and other "dollar store" brands ~ ultimately you get what you pay for!

Actually, Milani eyeshadows are quite popular among makeup enthusiasts and famous makeup artists. The color payoff is amazing, especially if you foil them.

jojoooo said: awwwww.. I did the first purchase just fine and then i waited to this morning to try for the 2nd purchase, but it's only giving me a maximum of $7.50 discount with the 70% off coupon code!!! i guess they figured it out..

same here

So pissed I didn't get in on this one...grrhhh...

Got shipping confirmations on all 3 orders I placed using the gift card.

Now to see if they charge my credit card anything extra.....

sportsfan33 said: Got shipping confirmations on all 3 orders I placed using the gift card.

Now to see if they charge my credit card anything extra.....

Same here.

Received all confirmations of shipment, and no extra charges on CC!

the rebate says one per household. so it is one for all your orders, even if they come with different kinds of magazines or you can do a different rebate for a different magazine?

Received all orders!

i made an order yesterday of $75 worth of E.L.F. product and only got $7.50 off .. (i did enter the code for the 70% off deal)

and emailed them and this is what they emailed me back

"""""We apologize for any confusion regarding the secret sale coupon code. Please note that when you click on the link in our e-mail you will be taken to our site. Once you place an item in your shopping cart and proceed to checkout, you will see which secret shopper discount you have received.

Please note that the maximum total amount that will be deducted from your order cannot exceed $7.50.

Please feel free to contact us if we may be of any further assistance.""""

Ugh this sucks because other people got offered 70% off their whole order. guess E.L.F. caught on.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014