• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
The VIZIO P50 50-in* Plasma HDTV offers a high performance display with a 1366 x 768 native resolution for crisp and clear imagery, high 1,000 cd/m2 brightness and 10,000:1 max contrast ratio for deep true blacks and bright whites. Using VCV (VIZIO Color Vision), this Plasma HDTV can display 1.07 Billion colors for a brilliant, colorful and lifelike picture.

Link

Good from 4/9/09-4/15/09 or while supplies last

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Good reviews on Amazon for the most part. Looks like a great price on a 50" 720 tv.

A few bad reviews here and there and the ratings go down on this deal...wow

I may pull the trigger on this.

i heard 1366 x 768 resolution tvs will be lot cheaper around this summer because major companies are not gonna make them anymore.

dhkkim said: i heard 1366 x 768 resolution tvs will be lot cheaper around this summer because major companies are not gonna make them anymore.

Really? Sweet!

I will hold on till 50" drop below $500...crazy, isnot it? But then I never thought about Citi stock could be under one buck. welcome to the world of deflation, so long I have a job

keep in mind that this is not a 1080p / 120hz. So the price is good not fantabulous

$799 plus tax for 1080i Vizio Plasma? not even a good deal. and that's one ugly set btw.

lillianlake said: I will hold on till 50" drop below $500...crazy, isnot it? But then I never thought about Citi stock could be under one buck. welcome to the world of deflation, so long I have a job
you won't be waiting long.

I have this TV and put several hours a day on it for the past 2 years... I love it and think the picture is awesome. Some of my relatives have recently purchased $2500 LCD's that can not hold a stick to the picture on the TV.

Also regarding the AVS Forum link and people complaining about POD (pop of death) this was mostly (if not entirely) isolated to the older version of this set the P50-HDM. To my knowledge there have been very few POD's on the P50HDTV10A or later sets.

lillianlake said: I will hold on till 50" drop below $500...crazy, isnot it? But then I never thought about Citi stock could be under one buck. welcome to the world of deflation, so long I have a job

Companies can go bankrupt. Stocks can go to zero. 50" plasma television prices cannot not go to zero, not in a scenario that would be good for anybody anyway.

Just for my curiosity, this set is 1080i correct? I've been told 720p is better than 1080i, is that correct?

BoboTheBear said: Just for my curiosity, this set is 1080i correct? I've been told 720p is better than 1080i, is that correct?

Technically, it's a 1366x768 pixel display capable of scaling 1080i and 720p input.

Cheers,
Eemrek

BoboTheBear said: Just for my curiosity, this set is 1080i correct? I've been told 720p is better than 1080i, is that correct?

NO!! This is 720p panel. However the scaler will display a 1080i signal.

To be honest 50" @ 720p is a little to grainy for my taste.

I have this TV as well and love it. Picture is Great. Most of time use as computer monitor with my Media Center PC and works well for that. Paid $1200 for mine 2 years ago.

gotsum said: keep in mind that this is not a 1080p / 120hz. So the price is good not fantabulous

There is no such thing as a 120hz plasma.

Frankly, I would pay $50 or so more to get last year's 720p Panasonic or Samsung plasmas.

gotsum said: keep in mind that this is not a 1080p / 120hz. So the price is good not fantabulous

120hz is a bandaid to smooth out LCD picture and does not apply to plasmas.

We bought this model on Black Friday of 2006 at Circuit City. It was $1400 back then (great deal). It has high reviews because the picture is awesome. But the reliability is horrific. Approx 2 years later, we would get wierd artifacts on the screen as well as banding occasionally. These are the signs to the POD (Pop of Death) that eventually turn this TV into a 140lb doorstop.

This was our label right before I sold it 3 weeks ago:
http://www.lsctech.com/auction/vizio/_label.jpg

I sold it for $500. $900 for a HDTV that lasts a little over two years is awful hard to swallow. Sure other Vizio products may be good but our experience with this one will forever tarnish our image of this company. It's funny too since this set is supposely Made in Taiwan (versus other sets Made in China or Made in Mexico).

Bottomline: Don't buy this unit, it has serious flaws in its design and even after replacements of parts from the POD, it will still result in failures again. Most POD occurs exactly at the 2 year mark.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014