• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Save $125 on Select Samsung Blu-ray Players and Four Qualifying Blu-ray Discs

For a limited time, save $125 when you buy a Samsung BD-P1600 or BD-P3600 Blu-ray player together with four Blu-ray discs from Warner Home Video. Select a Blu-ray player and four eligible Blu-ray discs from the list below, add them all to your Shopping Cart and enter the code SAMSDISC at checkout. The $125 discount code must be used by 11:59 p.m. PST on May 30, 2009. Unused promotional codes will expire on that date. Offer is valid only when eligible items are purchased from Amazon.com and does not apply to purchases made from other merchants on the Amazon.com website. Rules and restrictions apply

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&ref_=amb_link_8434...

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Thanks~

Laurent00 (May. 30, 2009 @ 8:05a) |

a reminder today is last day for this deal.
For wireless, I bought dlink dap-1522, has four ports, so far I hooked up my ... (more)

machop (May. 30, 2009 @ 4:30p) |

Yes, expires at midnight pacific time, so about 3 hours and 15 minutes to go.

For some reason this has been moved to expi... (more)

Dwynne (May. 30, 2009 @ 10:46p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

Under $20 - sorted by price
$13.00 Dark City
$13.50 Eraser
$14.00 Under Siege 2
$14.50 We Are Marshall
$15.00 Training Day
$15.50 Terminator 3
$16.00 Twister
$17.00 Good Night and Good Luck
$17.00 Ocean's Eleven
$17.00 The Phantom of the Opera
$17.50 Ocean's Thirteen
$17.50 Superman
$18.00 Deliverance
$18.00 Dog Day Afternoon
$18.00 Full Metal Jacket
$18.00 Rio Bravo
$18.00 Viva Las Vegas
$18.50 The Invasion
$19.00 Cool Hand Luke
$19.00 Harold & Kumar
$19.00 Jailhouse Rock
$19.00 L.A. Confidential
$19.00 Pan's Labyrinth
$19.00 The Lost Boys
$19.00 Troy
$19.50 300
$19.50 Hairspray
$19.50 I Am Legend
$19.50 No Reservations
$19.50 Rush Hour 3
$19.50 The Assassination of Jesse James
$19.50 The Brave One
$20.00 A History of Violence
$20.00 Blazing Saddles
$20.00 Constantine
$20.00 Superman II
$20.00 The Perfect Storm
$20.00 Wedding Crashers

Under $20 - sorter by title
$19.50 300
$20.00 A History of Violence
$20.00 Blazing Saddles
$20.00 Constantine
$19.00 Cool Hand Luke
$13.00 Dark City
$18.00 Deliverance
$18.00 Dog Day Afternoon
$13.50 Eraser
$18.00 Full Metal Jacket
$17.00 Good Night and Good Luck
$19.50 Hairspray
$19.00 Harold & Kumar
$19.50 I Am Legend
$19.00 Jailhouse Rock
$19.00 L.A. Confidential
$19.50 No Reservations
$17.00 Ocean's Eleven
$17.50 Ocean's Thirteen
$19.00 Pan's Labyrinth
$18.00 Rio Bravo
$19.50 Rush Hour 3
$17.50 Superman
$20.00 Superman II
$15.50 Terminator 3
$19.50 The Assassination of Jesse James
$19.50 The Brave One
$18.50 The Invasion
$19.00 The Lost Boys
$20.00 The Perfect Storm
$17.00 The Phantom of the Opera
$15.00 Training Day
$19.00 Troy
$16.00 Twister
$14.00 Under Siege 2
$18.00 Viva Las Vegas
$14.50 We Are Marshall
$20.00 Wedding Crashers
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Some descent movies to choose from, any blu-ray owners have recommendations on some of the titles regarding which look the best in HD?

I was thinking 300, Perfect Storm, I Am Legend, and Training Day.

$198 for the BD-P1600 plus 4 descent movies, green for you OP

I was making an Excel list for myself of all available movies $20 and lower, so I thought what hell I might as well post it. I put it in the Quick Summary section so anyone can add the rest of the movies if they feel like it.

I don't see any movies in the list I've gotta have, but going with the cheapest movies makes it:

$249 BD-P1600
+ $55 Dark City, Eraser, Under Siege 2 and We Are Marshall
-$125 coupon

$179 for a well-liked Blu-Ray player and 4 free Blu-Ray movies.. not bad at all. Anyone know how much movies like that generally go for on eBay?

I like these deals but I am soooo tired of the same movies...always the same movies. But...there are some good ones and the people I tell about this each time are pretty happy with the selection. Thanks for the heads up op.

Finally took the plunge on a blu-ray player

Amazing.....they won't put "Neighbors" out on DVD, yet you can get "Under Siege II" in Blu-Ray!

I really think this is a HOT deal. The player alone for around $180.00 is GREAT !! I bought another one on this deal for another room in my house.

BD-P1600 player (which streams Netflix & Pandora) AWESOME BONUS !!
Twister
Oceans 11
Under seige 2
Eraser

$180.46 out the door !!!

Great deal. Need to get a new TV now to support 1080p and make it worthwhile. My "old" 42" RP-LCD I bought in 2004 only does 1080i.

Great deal OP!

Green for you OP - been looking for a good quality, good value blu-ray player for a while now, this fits the bill!

In for one!

artulo said: Great deal. Need to get a new TV now to support 1080p and make it worthwhile. My "old" 42" RP-LCD I bought in 2004 only does 1080i.

You don't need a 1080p TV to take advantage of Blu-Ray's superior picture and sound (which is what I bought my player for). Even a 1080i should show a decent difference between DVD and BR at a 42" size.

FWIW, I have Cool Hand Luke on BR, and it is great.....good presentation (SUBSTANTIALLY better than the DVD) and an absolute classic movie to boot.

I'm pretty disappointed in the selection. I'd much rather get Batman (1989), Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and for campy purposes the 1960s Batman movie--all Warner, but none of which got me the discount when I added them to the cart.

But a solid deal if you want any of these movies.

I don't understand why Samsung decided to get rid of their HQV DVD upconverting chip in their new line of Blu Ray Players. Maybe it was too expensive? It's a major set back as I still plan to play dvd's and the HQV upscaled like no other player has ever. I think I'm going to pass and wait for the BDp2500 to drop in price.

Dark City got a "Highly Recommended" from DVD Talk - LINK

TY OP

There will be a new format out that will kill off Blue Ray before long. One of several is:

A new system that is incompatible with Blu-ray, called HD VMD, for versatile multilayer disc, is trying to find a niche. New Medium Enterprises, the London company behind HD VMD, says its system's quality is equal to Blu-ray's, but it costs less. By undercutting the competition in production, replication, and hardware costs, it thinks it can find a market among consumers with less disposable income, particularly outside the United States.

OR:
Building on Pink Floyd's research into lasers (joke), the new format is called "5D DVD" and on these DVD-sized discs, up to 1.6 TB of data can be stored utilizing 5 dimensions.

There are many actual new technology recording /play devices coming up that will make Blue Ray obsolete before the disks get cheap enough to record on. I will wait for the fire sale before I invest in this. Just my opinion.

Thank you folks, Thanks to FatWallet. I had purchased samsung 46A850 last week from FRY'S.com Just now ordered BD-P1600 + 2 HDMI cables($10 each) + DVI-HDMI cable($4) + dark city + Troy + 300 + training day = $212 (337-125).

prbeck : there will always be newer/better technologies/products in the pipeline. The point is do you want to spend your life WAITING for the future stuff, or ENJOYING the stuff that's available TODAY.

Have a nice long week-end everyone.

prbeck said: There will be a new format out that will kill off Blue Ray before long. One of several is:

A new system that is incompatible with Blu-ray, called HD VMD, for versatile multilayer disc, is trying to find a niche. New Medium Enterprises, the London company behind HD VMD, says its system's quality is equal to Blu-ray's, but it costs less. By undercutting the competition in production, replication, and hardware costs, it thinks it can find a market among consumers with less disposable income, particularly outside the United States.

OR:
Building on Pink Floyd's research into lasers (joke), the new format is called "5D DVD" and on these DVD-sized discs, up to 1.6 TB of data can be stored utilizing 5 dimensions.

There are many actual new technology recording /play devices coming up that will make Blue Ray obsolete before the disks get cheap enough to record on. I will wait for the fire sale before I invest in this. Just my opinion.

And just who is going to bring this wonderful technology to market as a Blu Ray competitor for distributing movies? HD-DVD had the jump on Blu-Ray, was cheaper to produce and it lost the battle. Why would anyone try that again especially when you consider that the online movie business is starting to heat up?

Almost forgot the point of coming here - I jumped on this deal with the BD-P1600 - thanks OP!

Sweet deal. 4 Blu Ray DVD's and the player for $218. GREEN!

In for 1 + 4.
Super green !

Awesome- I've had my eye on this blu-ray player for quite some time now, but have seen absolutely no deals nor even anything other than MSRP prices. I got the BD-P3600 b/c it comes with a Samsung wifi dongle for Netflix streaming ($80 to buy separate or replace with a much more cumbersome wireless router).

does anyone know how to use this BD 1600 to stream Netflix wirelessly w/o using the Samsung dongle?
there must be wireless adapter we can use. Currently I use the Zyxel powerline ethernet adapter.

Been waiting to jump into blu-ray for awhile, and this is the deal that finally did it for me. Thanks OP.

looks like the only alternative to the samsung wireless dongle is a wireless bridge...

Neither is particularly cheap

I jumped on the BD-1600. It is not 100% clear to me whether the 1600 will stream content from a PC, or if this feature is only on the 3600 and up?

Also, I got my DVD player and the movies still have not shipped. Has anyone canceled their movie order without losing the pro-rated discount applied to the player? I assume that you will not lose the discount.

I received my player. Instead of purchasing the wireless adapter from Samsung, I picked up a cheap wireless router from eBay ($35) and set it to bridge mode, and plugged in the dvd player. Both Netflix Streaming and Pandora work great! Netflix works at HD quality no problem.

For those technically inclined, I used dd-wrt firmware on both the original router and the one I am using as a bridge...

If you go this route, please make sure that the router you get can be set to bridge mode.

So far I am very happy

Thanks~

a reminder today is last day for this deal.
For wireless, I bought dlink dap-1522, has four ports, so far I hooked up my HDTV and HTPC, plus this BD-P1600.

machop said: a reminder today is last day for this deal.

Yes, expires at midnight pacific time, so about 3 hours and 15 minutes to go.

For some reason this has been moved to expired deals, I guess the OP is operating on Eastern time?

Dennis

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014