• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Hi Everyone,

I searched for T-Mobile and AAA and didn't see this deal.

We jut got our latest AAA newsletter (AAA Horizons , AAA Southern New England) and had a promotion/advert for 12% off T-Mobile monthly bills together with other special sign up offers for new contract when going through www.aaa.com/wireless.
However the terms of the 12% disocunt off your tmobile bill did not indicate that you had to start a new plan.

So I called T-Mobile regular customer services and person who answered confirmed there is a 12% AAA discount (without even mentioning the advert, just asking if there was a AAA member discount). I then got put through to "migration services" and spoke to the person there. Gave my T-Mobile account details, AAA card number and the advert promotion code (bottom right of the newsletter) TM/6531/09.

The represeantiave said it would take 30-45 days to verify with AAA that I am a member then the monthly discount should appear on my T-Mobile bill as an "adjustment". I didn't have to sign up for a new 1 or 2 year contract and I was cautioned it would run for as long as AAA were doing the promotion with T-Mobile.

Fingers crossed, YMMV.

UPDATE: I have to acknowledge that it was my wife spotted the deal...

Edit: Your billing date will change to 27th of every month but YOU are not starting a new 1-2 year lock-in. *
Edit 2 (3/22/2010) : * Some comments that T-Mobile *may* require a 2 year contract renewal now - YMMV.
Edit 3 (8/9/2010) : Comments that this offer has now expired for new applicants.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Just spoke to T-Mobile about the 12% AAA discount.I've been told that the offer is expired in April.The only offer they ... (more)

cooldudeusa (Aug. 09, 2010 @ 7:37a) |

You are eligible for anywhere between 8-15% discount if you have Bally's memebership or work in certain listed corporate... (more)

cooldudeusa (Aug. 09, 2010 @ 7:40a) |

Is this deal still valid?

mmjc (Aug. 19, 2010 @ 1:06p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

that's fabulous! Green for the heads up!

This is a good deal if they don't force you into higher rate plans (like Wirefly usually does).

Just called - worked just like OP described. CSR did not ask for promotion code, just where I heard about the promotion - not sure it mattered but I said AAA newsletter.
Gave her my AAA number and was told 30-45 days, etc..
Only change made to my account was the billing cycle - seems all AAA discount accounts end on the 27th of each month. No mention at all of my specific plan or length of contract.
Thanks OP. Like you said - fingers crossed!

geezlouise said: Just called - worked just like OP described. CSR did not ask for promotion code, just where I heard about the promotion - not sure it mattered but I said AAA newsletter.
Gave her my AAA number and was told 30-45 days, etc..
Only change made to my account was the billing cycle - seems all AAA discount accounts end on the 27th of each month. No mention at all of my specific plan or length of contract.
Thanks OP. Like you said - fingers crossed!

Yes I had to change billing cycle date too. Didn't mind / care though

I verbally confirmed that my plan was being changed or contract extended and my rep confirmed.

Anyone know if this is a national deal, or only in some states?

johnny98 said: Anyone know if this is a national deal, or only in some states?

Didn't sound like it. OP is in Southern New England and I am Mid-Atlantic. CSR never asked where I lived although it's obviously in my billing info.

Worked like charm, thanks OP!!!!

I just called and got my 12% off! I didnt need to mention the AAA newsletter, or a promotion code, or anything. I just asked if there was a discount for AAA members, and aparently there was (). No mention of billing date change, but I didnt ask. Thanks OP!

Same success story here. I did have to get transfer to migration services. Rep did ask for AAA 1-800 customer service number on the back of the card to verify. Rep told me the billing date will change to the 27th of every month. Thanks and green for you.

thanks for sharing. Has anyone been able to use this discount even if they already have monthly discount say through employer or other group. Also does have the loyalty unlimited plan at 50 and have this work for them?

CSR applied discount. She said it doesnt apply to loyalty plan ($49.99 month) It will only apply to any additional features on the account which I have a $10 texting package so I save a whopping $1.20 per month! Every little bit helps I guess. Thanks OP!

Worked as a charm. Thanks OP

For the people who don't have AAA, there is also discounts for National PTO and United States Bowling Congress among a few other. The National PTO you have to join as well as the USBC but once you do you can call or go into a store with your membership card and get discounts on your T-Mobile bill.

Same Success Story here..Just called the T-Mobile CSR and she transferred me to the Migration services department.They didn't ask the promo code.
Thanks OP

FatBoy007 said: Same Success Story here..Just called the T-Mobile CSR and she transferred me to the Migration services department.They didn't ask the promo code.
Thanks OP
Same Here.. I have the customer loyalty plan and was using the freelancers union 10% employee discount whic could not be stacked with the AAA disount. So I asked her to cancel that and apply the AAA 12% and she had no problem doing that. She changed my billing cyle and said that the discount will be reflecting in my bill in 30-45 days.

It worked for me (WA) too, same process as explained by prev post. Thanks OP

Thanks I called & got the discount

nemi_amd said:
UPDATE: I have to acknowledge that it was my wife spotted the deal...

I hear the whip...wochoo!

There's also a 15% discount depending on university/college.

12% worked for me...thanks OP....

Thanks op! It took 12 minutes on the phone and I did have to give them my membership number, but I got the discount.

How do I get this discount on a new phone and plan? The www.aaa.com/wireless link does not work for me (California).

Called and got the deal too! Thanks OP!

I tried the regular CSR number but they direct me to 877-453-8824, apparently this is their number for discounts and corporate rate.

Bootless said: FatBoy007 said: Same Success Story here..Just called the T-Mobile CSR and she transferred me to the Migration services department.They didn't ask the promo code.
Thanks OP
Same Here.. I have the customer loyalty plan and was using the freelancers union 10% employee discount whic could not be stacked with the AAA disount. So I asked her to cancel that and apply the AAA 12% and she had no problem doing that. She changed my billing cyle and said that the discount will be reflecting in my bill in 30-45 days.

Awesome! I just called and switched from my 10% corporate discount (doesn't stack unfortunately) and got the 12% AAA membership discount instead. Same story, got transferred to Migration Services (had to wait for 5-10mins on hold) but then it was easy -- just have your AAA membership number ready and then they'll take care of it and I was also told my billing cycle would change and that it'd be reflected in my bill in 30-45 days as well. I also confirmed that no extra years of T-Mobile service would be added on (a la DirecTV <-- whom I'm beginning to hate) and that if AAA decideds to opt out of this discount at any time that I can call back to reapply my 10% corporate discount!

I have to say, 1st time calling into T-Mobile and was very happy with their customer service!

Thanks OP. I got in too. Now I don't feel so bad about spending so much on AAA which I rarely use...

Contacted T-Mobile CSR via 611 from my phone and was given another number to call direct to apply the discount: 877-453-8824. They asked me for the promotional code, my AAA membership number, and said it would take 1-2 billing cycles to apply. I'm located in CA.

Worked perfectly for me here in NYC (even with a AAA membership from Chicago.) Forgot to ask what the discount applies to though, just the basic plan or add-ons like data services, txt messages etc. Anybody catch that?

How many percent discount is for National PTO and United States Bowling Congress ? Any membership fee for them ? How to get 15% discount with college?Thanks.

This is awesome. I just stumbled across this posting a few minutes ago and got right on the phone with T-Mobile! Had no problems applying the discount (I live in Ohio). Thanks for the great info!

I tried to call the csr. They told me I can't get the discount because I pay monthly by monthly.

Thanks OP - pretty easy! Rep says the only issue is the billing period's going to change.

How dumb was it on my part to call and ask for a 12% discount while I already had a 15% corporate discount !!!

The Rep asked me do you want to downgrade your discount ?

That was embarrassing for me. I don't even know what discount I have...

The good thing is that I came to know that international incoming text messages and pictures sent to My Album cost 20cents each. Thanks to OP for making me call the T-Mobile Rep to understand those rates.

They can only apply the discount if you're still under contract. For those with expired contracts like me, you would have to enter a one-year minimum contract to be eligible for the discount. Thanks OP, anyway.

I have the unlimtied loyalty for 50 a month and i couldn't add the aaa discount.
they say i can only use 1 discount

radiant said: They can only apply the discount if you're still under contract. For those with expired contracts like me, you would have to enter a one-year minimum contract to be eligible for the discount. Thanks OP, anyway.

I think this is YMMV because i did not have to extend the contract and was able to switch my plan. If this is loyalty unlimited it should mean it by not having a catch.

latinoheat2185 said: I have the unlimtied loyalty for 50 a month and i couldn't add the aaa discount.
they say i can only use 1 discount

This again is YMMV since my corporate discount still applied to the loyalty unlimited plan and the rep verified it yesterday.

Awesome find OP! It took me about 10 minutes on the phone with Tmobile to complete the change. I called the 877-453-8824 directly to avoid the call transfer. The rep asked for my AAA membership number and the AAA telephone number. He said the discount would apply as long as I was a AAA member and as long as AAA continued to offer the discount. The discount will apply to the before tax amount on my family plan and text plan. Woot !!

auggie721 said: Awesome find OP! It took me about 10 minutes on the phone with Tmobile to complete the change. I called the 877-453-8824 directly to avoid the call transfer. The rep asked for my AAA membership number and the AAA telephone number. He said the discount would apply as long as I was a AAA member and as long as AAA continued to offer the discount. The discount will apply to the before tax amount on my family plan and text plan. Woot !!

I also called the same # as above, from NYC area. No contract extension (I triple checked this with the guy to make sure), and I did have to give my AAA account #, and the phone # off the back for AAA Member Services. Discount applies on the before tax amount on your total bill. for me that is about a 6 dollar savings a month.

Not sure what T-Mobile "migrations" is. Assume it is a dept. people have when they are thinking of switching from another provider. Thanks OP. 6 a month x 12 = 72 dollar savings a year. =)

Skipping 78 Messages...
Is this deal still valid?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014