• Go to page :
  • 1 2345
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Hello, I hope you are well.

Olive Garden's Never Ending Pasta Bowl promotion has returned. According to Olive Garden, there is a total of 42 pasta and sauce combination you can explore. The types of pasta are Spaghetti, Whole Wheat Linguine, Linguine, Fettuccine, Penne, Angel Hair, and Orecchiette. The types of sauces are Creamy Parmesan Florentine, Roasted Portobello Pomodoro, Alfredo, Meat Sauce, Five Cheese Marinara, and Marinara.

Direct Link to Information for this Deal

Enjoy!
Victor

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Found the press release from OG... states ending date of 10/15... Enjoy!

http://www.olivegarden.com/press/news_releases/2... (more)

hea109 (Oct. 12, 2009 @ 2:10p) |

Too bad that ended 10/15/2006

forbin4040 (Oct. 12, 2009 @ 2:14p) |

All the wheat you can eat.

BadDog41 (Oct. 12, 2009 @ 4:14p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

wasn't this a dollar or two cheaper last time?

nevermind, it twas not

God I hated working at Olive Garden when they did this. People. Ordering your 4th bowl when you haven't even touched your 3rd and asking for a togo box is cheap and low class. Your server wants to punch you in the face.

I was not planning on going to this event, but with madigan82 comments, I will be there tonight! 6 bowls, 3 bites of each, and a to go box for the road....maybe I'll throw in a lousy tip, if I feel generous. Just beware Olive Garden servers, I punch back.

Thanks for the heads up OP!

Lefty3 said: I was not planning on going to this event, but with madigan82 comments, I will be there tonight! 6 bowls, 3 bites of each, and a to go box for the road....maybe I'll throw in a lousy tip, if I feel generous. Just beware Olive Garden servers, I punch back.

Thanks for the heads up OP!

LOL LOL LOL

madigan82 said: God I hated working at Olive Garden when they did this. People. Your server wants to punch you in the face.

If OG doesn't make money @ it, why would they do it? I never have seen an Olive Garden NOT BUSY in Ohio.

For some reason, these Never Ending Pasta Bowl promotions seem to bring out the worst of people in the forums =P I can't wait for additional comments, such as the pasta and/or sauce sucking, that people are too fat and shouldn't even any more pasta or go to buffets, and that people should just make their own at home for under a dollar. Keep them coming!

Yay type 2 diabetes here I come!

how long will it last? thanks.

"hot" food posts always gets too much "greens"!!!!

madigan82 said: God I hated working at Olive Garden when they did this. People. Ordering your 4th bowl when you haven't even touched your 3rd and asking for a togo box is cheap and low class. Your server wants to punch you in the face.

Probably someone did not pay you tip worth 4 trips!!!

zhutou said: how long will it last? thanks.
I can't find anything definitive on the OG website. All it says is "for a limited time only". I use to work there myself and if I remember correctly this promotion lasted about a month, but I am not sure.

It is never ending

zhutou said: how long will it last? thanks.

Never ending past bowl? More like never ending frustration waiting 15 minutes for your next half sized bowl. You can't blame the wait staff, though. This is the most frustrating thing ever for servers. It basically triples their work per table and draws in the types that generally don't tip too well, don't buy drinks or deserts, etc. Plus, the super small additional plates management makes them bring out are ridiculous.

I think I stopped going to these years ago when it went up from $5.99....back in the days where I could eat a bowl of sugar and still loose weight :/

make sure to order again once you get your main dish. Good to mix the tomato alfredo with the meatsauce in farfalle and penne. 4-5 trips after the gym here I come!

Greenie for you, OP - my soon to be overfull belly and (pharmaceutically corrected) raised cholesterol thank you!

madigan82 said: God I hated working at Olive Garden when they did this. People. Ordering your 4th bowl when you haven't even touched your 3rd and asking for a togo box is cheap and low class. Your server wants to punch you in the face.

You know what I never understood... is why a server cares what a customer does, eats, takes home... how great of a deal the customer is getting.... does it bother you that you didn't do it first? you're a server... the only thing you're there for is to serve me... if you can't handle doing your JOB... find a different one... go home and punch yourself in the face for thinking stupid thoughts...

Thanks OP!

XtaSea24 said: madigan82 said: God I hated working at Olive Garden when they did this. People. Ordering your 4th bowl when you haven't even touched your 3rd and asking for a togo box is cheap and low class. Your server wants to punch you in the face.

You know what I never understood... is why a server cares what a customer does, eats, takes home... how great of a deal the customer is getting.... does it bother you that you didn't do it first? you're a server... the only thing you're there for is to serve me... if you can't handle doing your JOB... find a different one... go home and punch yourself in the face for thinking stupid thoughts...

Thanks OP!

Hahaha...this reminds me of what I posted in last year's Olive Garden thread. Good stuff!

XtaSea24 said: madigan82 said: God I hated working at Olive Garden when they did ...

You know what I never understood... if you can't handle doing your JOB... find a different one... go home and punch yourself in the face for thinking stupid thoughts...

Thinking and ReThinking on your line "thinking stupid thoughts"

Tempting... I don't know if I want to subject myself to carb overload though. Unless I'm running a marathon and I need an energy boost immediately beforehand; just like Michael Scott!

I hated this promotion when I worked for them. We called it the never-ending damnation bowl. It does draw a rude and tip-less crowd in. People with this kind of attitude:

"I suggest you do your @#$%ing job and quit b*tching. I'm sorry, but the cost of a meal in a restaurant not only includes food, but it INCLUDES service. If you do a good job, you get a good tip. If it takes you more than 2 minutes to bring my pasta bowl and gives me attitude because you're in a $3 per hour job, you can expect 10% or less. Basically, it is NOT MY PROBLEM that you are where you are. Food costs more in restaurants because I'm PAYING for the cooking, cleaning, and serving of it. Otherwise why don't everybody just eat at home? People go to restaurants to be catered to."

I didn't realize everyone was working at their dream jobs right now. I feel silly. Have you never had a job that gets you to better places? I wait tables (not at OG anymore) because it is one of the few jobs I can do full time and go to school. I am good at it because I have been doing it a long time. We have all had a bad server that earned a bad tip, and that's fine. But what about the good ones? A lot of people don't understand what it takes to be a server. It is a high pressure environment where your income is directly related to how you interact with people. We coordinate between the kitchen, bar, hostesses, manager and guests - then we multiply this times however many tables we have. A LOT goes on behind the scenes to make sure things go smoothly and you get the extra sauce you asked for. What a lot of people don't think about is that a lot of the "bad service" they experience is not the servers fault. The server has to wait on not only you, but the kitchen and bar as well. Servers don't complain because we "expect a tip". We complain because when we give excellent service and explain every step of the way, people still take advantage of us. The attitude in the above post shows how frustrating it can be when people come in with an unpleasant attitude and treat you like your less than a person. As a server, you have to take this with a smile or you don't get paid anything. It can be extremely degrading. The problem here is not that "we need to find another job or quit b*tching". These people are everywhere. It's that people with an unpleasant attitude, and no social skills take it out in public and use it on strangers trying to help them. We are just exposed to it more. It IS a person waiting on you. It could be your daughter, friend, brother, or mother. You will be hard pressed to find people that have actually served tables that have an attitude like this above post. Don't go chiming in saying you have, because no server I have ever met would be that cold about it. If I could work an easier job and go to school full time I would.

If you tip 18% on $9.69 (that's + tax) that's only $1.74 per guest. The sad part is that people get a huge amount of food that the server has to literally run for, and usually tip even less because he/she takes so long. Did I mention we wait on the kitchen as well? So if your server waited on 30 guests in an ideal 18% environment he would make about $50 for a full shift (closer to $40). I kept track of my cash tips while I worked for them and my income plummeted to HALF during this promotion. Yes, the company makes a ton of money because pasta is super cheap and people come in droves when "never ending" is mentioned. Just remember your server is like someone privately contracted out to help you. They make ALL their income off your tips. He/She gets paid $2.15 an hour (except in California) and this all gets taken by Social Security and other taxes. We usually owe at the end of the year. Just be nice to your server and tip him/her based on intent to help and service, not price! I'm not trying to start a flame war, I just want people to realize that we work as hard as you do, and we are contributing members of your community. Try being pleasant with your server. We are DEFINITELY there to cater to you and for good quality service,

but we don't owe you anything.

[ranting off]

servers, quit bitching at customers and customers, quit bitching at servers. it's our (customer's) fault for paying to eat here, and it's the server's fault for working there. it's mediocre food at too high of a price for the quality. blame management for food quality and pay of their workers.

ProppaT said: It basically triples their work per table and draws in the types that generally don't tip too well, don't buy drinks or deserts, etc. Plus, the super small additional plates management makes them bring out are ridiculous.

Hooray for $4 coke and $12 drinks! No thanks.

+$2 for never ending 'balls.

lunarscape said: Strategy Guide now available.
I just finished reading the "strategy guide" and found it to be quite humorous. The bottom half of the strategy guide actually makes a lot of sense, too. Thanks for posting.

lunarscape said: Strategy Guide now available.

Maybe I'm too good. They didn't tell me anything I didn't already know.

However, they forget the number rule of buffet... If you're gonna power through some food, you have to eat fast. Once the food starts settling, it's an uphill battle. When it comes to the NEPB, they really make you wait for that next bowl. That's the hard part. Eyes on the prize!

insert obligatory "25 cents of pasta, 50 cents of sauce" comment <here>

XtaSea24 said: madigan82 said: God I hated working at Olive Garden when they did this. People. Ordering your 4th bowl when you haven't even touched your 3rd and asking for a togo box is cheap and low class. Your server wants to punch you in the face.

You know what I never understood... is why a server cares what a customer does, eats, takes home... how great of a deal the customer is getting....

I guess you don't understand how tips and percentages work. Obviously people have every right to order what they want for the price they want, but it's pretty clear why a waiter would prefer a $20 customer over a $10 customer. I don't see how someone could eat a bowl or two and still be hungry anyway. All-you-can-eat deals encourage you to eat more than you want or need.

Thanks for the heads up, OP! Despite all the negatives posts, my GF and I still enjoy this event.

Why does the server care? Nobody goes to Olive Garden for the high quality of food.

SUB said: madigan82 said: God I hated working at Olive Garden when they did this. People. Ordering your 4th bowl when you haven't even touched your 3rd and asking for a togo box is cheap and low class. Your server wants to punch you in the face.

Why does the server care? Nobody goes to Olive Garden for the high quality of food.

The server cares because he makes money based off a percentage of the meal cost. If you only spend $8.95 and take up one of his three tables for two hours getting free refills then he only makes a fraction of what he could have had there been no promotion. Just like if you were made to clock out a few hours early and keep working.

ProppaT said: ... I think I stopped going to these years ago when it went up from $5.99....back in the days where I could eat a bowl of sugar and still loose weight :/

I always hated when my weight got tight. So if I eat sugar my weight will become loose?

Quatrix said: XtaSea24 said: madigan82 said: God I hated working at Olive Garden when they did this. People. Ordering your 4th bowl when you haven't even touched your 3rd and asking for a togo box is cheap and low class. Your server wants to punch you in the face.

You know what I never understood... is why a server cares what a customer does, eats, takes home... how great of a deal the customer is getting....

Apparently you don't understand how tips and percentages work.

Apparently you opted to take the job that is primarily based off of tips and percentages. And madigan82 said nothing about tips... get your thoughts in order before stating something about what I apparently don't understand...

and an FYI... here is a tidbit of information about wages... "An employer may credit a portion of a tipped employee's tips against the federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour effective July 24, 2009. An employer must pay at least $2.13 per hour. However, if an employee's tips combined with the employer's wage of $2.13 per hour do not equal the hourly minimum wage, the employer is required to make up the difference."

So even if the arguement is about money... you took a job that has the opportunity of making more than minimum wage, but never pays below minimum wage... know your laws that protect you... and again.. if you chose to be a server in the food industry... you should know what you're getting yourself into... all of my tips are based primarily off of percentage but also on service... if you can't seem to keep a drink from sitting empty on my table for more than a few minutes... you've got less of a tip...

XtaSea24 said: Quatrix said: XtaSea24 said: madigan82 said: God I hated working at Olive Garden when they did this. People. Ordering your 4th bowl when you haven't even touched your 3rd and asking for a togo box is cheap and low class. Your server wants to punch you in the face.

Apparently you opted to take the job that is primarily based off of tips and percentages. And madigan82 said nothing about tips...

I didn't say anything about tips because of the flame wars it causes. As crappy as some people tip, I put myself through college waiting tables.

madigan82 said: XtaSea24 said: Quatrix said: XtaSea24 said: madigan82 said: God I hated working at Olive Garden when they did this. People. Ordering your 4th bowl when you haven't even touched your 3rd and asking for a togo box is cheap and low class. Your server wants to punch you in the face.

Apparently you opted to take the job that is primarily based off of tips and percentages. And madigan82 said nothing about tips...

I didn't say anything about tips because of the flame wars it causes. As crappy as some people tip, I put myself through college waiting tables.

I'm just saying that the comments made about what you think about certain customers should be kept to yourself....

I delivered pizzas for about 3 months when I was younger and had to take a job as a waiter about 6 years back but that only lasted for a month... why? because yes... people are rude... management in most of these restaurants don't manage well... I didn't stay at these jobs because I didn't enjoy what I was doing... instead I took another job that I enjoyed... I agree with what Bando800 is stating... because this is a good explanation of what happens... I'm curtious to my servers and tip well when there is good service... but because there is a deal going on doesn't mean you should harp on people because they want to take a to go box... or because you're going to work harder... it does come with the territory...

thekub said: ProppaT said: It basically triples their work per table and draws in the types that generally don't tip too well, don't buy drinks or deserts, etc. Plus, the super small additional plates management makes them bring out are ridiculous.

Hooray for $4 coke and $12 drinks! No thanks.

Thats what water is for...

lol...the epic struggle between fat people and lazy waiters

SUB said: madigan82 said: God I hated working at Olive Garden when they did this. People. Ordering your 4th bowl when you haven't even touched your 3rd and asking for a togo box is cheap and low class. Your server wants to punch you in the face.

depends on where you live. a lot of people around my area would probably consider olive garden a place to go to once a year because of income constraints and quality of life.

and, yes, these are the same people who will go out and buy a $6 value meal at a fast food joint. i didn't say they were intelligent

Skipping 127 Messages...
All the wheat you can eat.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014