free carfax report

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
https://secure.carfax.com/showme.cfx

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
can anybody run this vin# number pleasee 1hgcd5626ra005798 eamil is rauberatl@yahoo.com thank youuu

burnin (Mar. 10, 2011 @ 8:46p) |

can any one run this vin YV1TS92D921258200 and email it to nevadopaul@gmail.com

bolo36 (Mar. 11, 2011 @ 5:47a) |

Can someone please run a free Carfax or AutoCheck for me?
Please send me a PM and I'll send you the VIN. Thanks in advan... (more)

ok66 (Mar. 11, 2011 @ 12:01p) |

If someone requests money for an AutoCheck or carfax report, report them to the moderators. That is not permitted.


Far more important than free

JesseLivermore said:
Consumer Reports did an analysis of all 5 major car check services, and found that ALL of them missed important incidents such as accidents and floods, and all allowed even previously 'branded' or 'salvaged' titles to be reported as clean, as many states have nuanced and pathetic laws as to end runs as to how to scub or wash title histories clean. So, the sad fact is, you can't trust any source to accurately give you a car history, and nothing replaces a physical inspection of the body and drivetrain and motor by a trained or competent mechanic, body repairman, or individual with a high degree of knowledge. I will post what month the Consumer Report's article appeared in when I find it.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks! I had always wanted to run one on my daughter's car, which we had foolishly bought few years ago without getting one. Fortunately, there's nothing bad on it, just normal maintenance.

LINK

You can log in "anonymously" if you want..

billrubin said: Thanks! I had always wanted to run one on my daughter's car, which we had foolishly bought few years ago without getting one. Fortunately, there's nothing bad on it, just normal maintenance.That might not mean anything. I have just run my vehicle and it doesn't have any information for last 12 months, and some information is missing from before that.

Thanks OP!

I ran a report on my car before I bought it. No accident/damage/major repair show up.
But months later, I took the manual from the compartment, and started to browse thru it, I found there is a $2500+ body damage repaired.
The car is 2006. The repair was done in 2007. The car was leased by someone thru Toyota Financial. I could not believe my eyes when I saw it.

GR8 .. worked like a charm ... I did had to create an account which I did using some anonymous account.

Green for you.

Yeah be careful relying ONLY on any report like this. My 91 MR2 I have now showed a "clean" record when I ran it but in the process of going through it while doing an engine swap I found the pass side front fender had been replaced, front bumper had been hit hard, and a few other what I would call "not-so-minor" deals. Luckily I deal with these cars all the time and knew what I was looking at. When in doubt get a mechanic to look over it with a fine tooth comb before purchasing.

But green for the OP!

Thanks, I ran a report on a SUV I've been considering purchasing.

just remember, carfax is useful but is not all encompassing.

From the glossary of terms

Not every accident or damage event is reported and not all reported are provided to CARFAX. Details about the accident or damage event when reported to CARFAX (e.g. severity, impact location, airbag deployment) are included on the Vehicle History Report. CARFAX recommends you obtain a vehicle inspection from your dealer or an independent mechanic.

Consumer Reports did an analysis of all 5 major car check services, and found that ALL of them missed important incidents such as accidents and floods, and all allowed even previously 'branded' or 'salvaged' titles to be reported as clean, as many states have nuanced and pathetic laws as to end runs as to how to scub or wash title histories clean.

So, the sad fact is, you can't trust any source to accurately give you a car history, and nothing replaces a physical inspection of the body and drivetrain and motor by a trained or competent mechanic, body repairman, or individual with a high degree of knowledge.

I will post what month the Consumer Report's article appeared in when I find it.

He is your Car Fox.

I specifically searched for car fax earlier this morning around 11:00 am and since there was none, I got 90 days unlimited from AutoCheck. Arrgggghhh! But good find!

Looks like its one per IP address

thanks a lot

I looked up an old leased new car of mine with about $15k of bodywork damage from a snow related accident. I got it pretty banged up and fixed it to its original condition fully covered by my insurance. I'm shocked to see the dealer sold it probably as spanking new CPO without mentioning a word about this accident in the CarFax record. So be warned if you are looking to buy CPO.

kiddolay said: I specifically searched for car fax earlier this morning around 11:00 am and since there was none, I got 90 days unlimited from AutoCheck. Arrgggghhh! But good find!

Well, there is why you didn't find it.

LongDongSilver said: I looked up an old leased new car of mine with about $15k of bodywork damage from a snow related accident. I got it pretty banged up and fixed it to its original condition fully covered by my insurance. I'm shocked to see the dealer sold it probably as spanking new CPO without mentioning a word about this accident in the CarFax record. So be warned if you are looking to buy CPO.

Certified Pre Owned...damn..i am in the market looking for a minivan..honda odyssey or toyota sienna...wow

so the dealers can change the carfax report too?

i was thinking that any repair done to an automotive by insurance company would be reported to the CarFax..rite?

cool thanks! just ran a carfax on my car... wanted to see what shows up.

Can't thank you enough!

Thanx OP

Thanks OP!

Worked for me - I want to sell my 1987 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am that has only 13,000 orig. miles on it - needed a CarFax report to verify that the odometer had not rolled over - many thanks OP!

Thanks OP!

Thank you!

ellory said: Looks like its one per IP address

Got two reports for two different made up names/addresses/e-mails on the same IP address.

Works! Thanks!

Works like a charm - thanks boss!

Worked great, thank you!

Thanks a lot!

Sweet. We were going to buy a car for my daughter and this will really help. THANKS!!!

Thanks. Had some bumper damage from a hit and run (~$500) so I was curious if it would show up - nope. This is more for entertainment purposes IMO but I do find the owner information useful at the very least.

YonlyME said: LongDongSilver said: I looked up an old leased new car of mine with about $15k of bodywork damage from a snow related accident. I got it pretty banged up and fixed it to its original condition fully covered by my insurance. I'm shocked to see the dealer sold it probably as spanking new CPO without mentioning a word about this accident in the CarFax record. So be warned if you are looking to buy CPO.

Certified Pre Owned...damn..i am in the market looking for a minivan..honda odyssey or toyota sienna...wow

so the dealers can change the carfax report too?

i was thinking that any repair done to an automotive by insurance company would be reported to the CarFax..rite?


Or the damage didn't get reported because there was no police report? I skid on a patch of ice, hit a tree and then drove the car back home by myself. The captive lease company just told me to get the car repaired to the original condition and all was good as if nothing had happened. So take CPO and the CarFax report with a big pinch of salt.

If you think Carfax hasn't reported that major accident or repair, then please report it to them. did you get carfax buyback gurantee for that car. if yes, you can claim it to carfax by showing them the proof of repair which you are seeing.

H...

TY OP.

Thanks!

worked great - thanks

Son of a gun! I was *THIS* close to paying full price for one! And guess what I found out? The car was wrecked! Not totalled, but hit hard enough to have a police report filed and the car towed. No wonder its cheap! Thanks fellas and OP!!!

does this still work for people? when go to that site it asks me to pay for carfax..

Skipping 163 Messages...
Can someone please run a free Carfax or AutoCheck for me?
Please send me a PM and I'll send you the VIN. Thanks in advance.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014