• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
The Chamberlain Fingerprint Keyless Entry is on sale for 18 at HomeDepot.com +about $6.0 for S/H. It is sold for 100 or more at Amazon and other places.
Link

* Compatible with all garage door opener brands
* Provides quick, safe and secure access to the garage
* Programs in 4 easy steps
* Uses Security + anti-burglary technology. Entry pad transmits a new code with every use
* MFG Brand Name : Chamberlain
* MFG Model # : 942FP
* MFG Part # : 942FP

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

On Amazon review for this product someone wrote that it is possible for anyone to reset this unit to its factory settings. However, that is not a "security" problem, it's a "denial of service" issue. After reset, they would be able to reprogram the unit but it would not open the door - because you need to re-associate it with your door opener inside. So worst case you won't be able to open the door - not that someone will reprogram with their own finger and get in.

At least that's what the manual says.

Interesting. Could have tons of nerdtastic possibilities besides opening your garage I would imagine.

OOS online

"Your shopping cart contains item(s) which are no longer available online. Please remove all unavailable items from your cart."

Wow, that was fast.

Order confirmed by email notification. Thanks OP.

Well, at least I got to order this tool belt which was OOS when I tried to order it a few days ago, but was still in my cart and showed up as in stock just now.

Back in stock.

That's an amazing deal! Kinda sad, though, I'm seeing out of stock.

Back in stock
Keep coming back every few minutes

"beware that it is alarmingly easy for ANYONE to do a factory reset of the device and enroll their own fingerprint!!! If you are looking for a SECURE option, this is not it! " - From Amazon Reviews.

Thanks...just ordered one. BTW, if you reset the device, it resets the opening capabilities...so the device becomes useless, until you re-associate it with your garage door. Stop the fear mongering.

Dangit!!! Got to the final checkout page, credit card entered, and it went OOS...

yeah me too, this was a great deal. would have been fun to do some nerdtastic things with it.

"This item is no longer available online."

Just got a "the item you ordered is backordered and will ship once available" e-mail from HD.

Must be back again. I just ordered one. Thanks!

Thank you for your order with HomeDepot.com. Your order has been placed, and details of your
order are below. Please retain this email for your records.

Order Confirmation: #xxxxxxxxx
Order Date: Oct 17, 2009 9:21:41 AM EST

Anyone else install this yet? The relay in the universal receiver clicks too fast to always operate the door opener. So mine works 6 out of 10 times. I'm trying to determine if the fault is with the receiver, the door opener or the installation.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014