• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
MITSUBISHI WD-60C9 60" 1080P 120Hz Home Theater TV Fry's B&M DFW $899 online price $999.99

• Energy Star 3.0 Qualified

• 3D ready

• Smooth 120Hz™

• 1080p DLP® Display

• Plush 1080p 5G Improved 12-bit Processing

• Perfect Color™

• Video Modes: Brilliant/Bright/Natural/Game/Advanced

• Improved Video Noise Reduction

• UltraThin™ Frame

• Exclusive 6-Color Processor™

• 3 HDMI 1.3a™ Deep Color™ (36-bit) & x.v.Color™

• Side Component Input

• 2 Rear Component Inputs

• New Jade Activity Based User Interface

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This is a DLP TV. Does the 120Hz apply like it does with an LCD TV? I don't think so, but I'm not an expert.

GoodDoggy said: This is a DLP TV. Does the 120Hz apply like it does with an LCD TV? I don't think so, but I'm not an expert.

Of course it does, why wouldn't it?

Just finished looking over this: http://www.nvidia.com/object/3D_Vision_Requirements.html

Conclusion? This TV is the shizzle! It can accept 120Hz input from a computer, there are currently only two LCD TVs on the market that can do that. Both are 22" and have one of the worst panel types on the market. If you're looking for a DLP and like to play video games, this is your dream come true. $1000 for 60", yes please more!

Ah, if only I wasn't unemployed.

WOW I didn't think they still made these dinosaurs!!!!

great deal and the picture was great for the price. Sure there are better sets out there but you can not beat this deal for what you get. In for one. Thank you!!

opathal said: WOW I didn't think they still made these dinosaurs!!!!

because DLP is so ancient right?

II have two Mitsubishi DLP's.... both 65's...and love them.... never had a problem....great for games and movies

You aren't going to get more fixed real estate for the price. If you haven't looked at DLP in the last few years check them out again, the brightness and picture are much closer to plasma and lcd. I have a Mitsu 73 and couldn't be happier.

dmlavigne1 said: You aren't going to get more fixed real estate for the price. If you haven't looked at DLP in the last few years check them out again, the brightness and picture are much closer to plasma and lcd. I have a Mitsu 73 and couldn't be happier.

Stick a plasma or good lcd next to your 73 dlp with limited viewing angles and lack of blacks and whites and you will be very unhappy quickly.

to even think a dlp can come close to plasma or lcd....please...its ok....if you can get a seat in the center of the tv.

bigfathead said: dmlavigne1 said: You aren't going to get more fixed real estate for the price. If you haven't looked at DLP in the last few years check them out again, the brightness and picture are much closer to plasma and lcd. I have a Mitsu 73 and couldn't be happier.

Stick a plasma or good lcd next to your 73 dlp with limited viewing angles and lack of blacks and whites and you will be very unhappy quickly.

to even think a dlp can come close to plasma or lcd....please...its ok....if you can get a seat in the center of the tv.

Thank you Mr. Yahoo-news reader, now can we have your input AFTER you've owned a late-model DLP please?

People with the internet nowadays think they know everything without some real actual experience.

I thought long and hard about this TV. There was a deal including a living room set and this TV for $2k @ Jordan's Furniture & Paul's TV of California.

After spending a good hour or two looking at the TV, comparing etc.. it just didn't have the same crispness. I ended up not getting it because there was an issue with the picture to me.

And, this price isn't very competitive. This model is going clearance very soon and can be found for $799 at Paul's.

How can I order this LCD HDTV from fry's?

I watched the 73" version of this TV in Costco recently, playing a Blu Ray disk. Picture quality was stunning, despite the bright, overhead lighting in the store. Viewing angle isn't as wide as the LCD/plasma products. If you're not going to hang a TV on the wall, have adequate space, and don't need wide angle viewing, these TVs deliver a huge, excellent quality image for the $ spent.

JChace029 said: I thought long and hard about this TV. There was a deal including a living room set and this TV for $2k @ Jordan's Furniture & Paul's TV of California.

After spending a good hour or two looking at the TV, comparing etc.. it just didn't have the same crispness. I ended up not getting it because there was an issue with the picture to me.

And, this price isn't very competitive. This model is going clearance very soon and can be found for $799 at Paul's.

This price of $899 is not competitive? Are you joking? Just because Paul's has it for $799 doesn't mean it is not a competitive price. Paul's in an obscure store that I have never heard of and there are very few locations to get this for $799.

I deliver packages daily to a long time electronic repair place. The owner and the other main full time employee both have DLP's at there home. They showed me an article from one of the industry periodicals they receive touting DLP's quality/price advantages over LCD's and Plasma. They said the new style DLP's are the best bang for the dollar by far. As far as the "120hz" thing on a DLP. They told me why it technically doesn't apply to a DLP (I cant explain why...it was way over my head.) That the "120hz" DLP is more a marketing tool.

As far for me, IM still on the fence. DLP or LCD. (Sorry Plasma to much $$$ for energy) I know what my friends at the electronic repair place said but THEY CAN REPAIR THERE OWN DLP's! I checked on the bulb cost at for the 73" Mitsubishi DLP's at Costco and it was only $99.00. These have to be replaced about every two years or so depending on use. But I've also read on Fatwallet about other reliability problems they have with circuit boards. I think I will wait a little longer and see how reliable these DLP's can be. They are certainly a low price for the size.

Being able to repair your own TV is pretty helpful on the Mitsu's. I can't speak to the more recent ones but I paid a pretty penny for a 62" back in the day. It seems Mits went cheap on a lot of the components in these, particularly capacitors. Research the "Blinking Green Light Of Death". Plus it doesn't stand up well to glare. Maybe the later ones do.

When the time comes, I'll move the DLP to the basement and get an LCD.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014