• Text Only
Voting History
rated:
LINK

LED Christmas Lights for $2.97 after $3 Coupon AND recycling your old lights at Home Depot B&M, starts 11/5
Deal starts on 11/5. Ends 11/15.


Page 1 & 8 of the Nov 8 AD

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Apropos of ...?

skidmark (Nov. 09, 2009 @ 8:01p) |

The HD LED lights are not GE, weird part is that there isn't a brand on the box. I am not going to tell you not to try ... (more)

FordLorid111 (Nov. 10, 2009 @ 12:23p) |

I checked it myself with a Kill-a-Watt. At 6.5c per KWh a strand of 50led lights from HD barely registered. It eventua... (more)

cedarperra (Nov. 17, 2009 @ 2:15p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

limit 5 discounts per customer

Drat... I was looking forward to the look on their face when I showed up with 2 pallets of Christmas lights.

Still, a good way to get 20 pairs or so.

this sounds like a good deal, and I will probably get a couple just to have them. Eventually, this will be the only style sold. But I still don't like the way they look. You can spot the houses in my neighborhood with them a mile away. They are bright but do not give off the same kind of "glow" I am used to. - Clark W. Griswold

Not a bad deal BB!

I switched over last year. I did not notice that the boxes at Target had a small text box that said either "Warm" or "Cool". I strung the whole tree with about 6 sets. (Huge tree). I had about 4 warm sets and 2 cool sets. Looked horrible. My wife and I really preferred the Warm set, yellowish color, where the Cool sets had a blueish color.

The Home Depot page showed a "Cool" set.

I was going to post this special, but OP beat me to it.

OP, your lowes thread is a better deal. You don't have to trade in lights and you get a 10 Off 50 compon.

Also, the sets I bought last year cautioned to not string more than 47 sets together!

ha! i live dangerously!
i strung - count 'em - forty eight sets together!

Just a quick note:
The fine print says "limit 5 discounts per customer". Not saying there aren't ways around it, just saying .....

In Wisconsin, if you leave the store and re-enter, you're a new customer.

RegUSPatOff said: In Wisconsin, if you leave the store and re-enter, you're a new customer.

In Soviet Russia, the STORE leaves YOU....

Tell me where I am missing something, could you use coupons on Page 4 of this link, and recycle, and get them FREE ???????????????

linkey

597404 said: Tell me where I am missing something, could you use coupons on Page 4 of this link, and recycle, and get them FREE ???????????????

linkey



The part you are missing is that they must be GE Brand......

BigPoppaPlump said: RegUSPatOff said: In Wisconsin, if you leave the store and re-enter, you're a new customer.

In Soviet Russia, the STORE leaves YOU....




Ripped from YS!!!

(Yakov Smirnov for the youthful ...)

ekeith2000 said: 597404 said: Tell me where I am missing something, could you use coupons on Page 4 of this link, and recycle, and get them FREE ???????????????

linkey



The part you are missing is that they must be GE Brand......


OK - The packages looked like GE

I like the idea of this deal, but most of my current sets of lights are 150 to 250 lights, and to trade them in for 50 LED set doesn't seem to make sense. I guess if your lights are broken and you just want to get rid of them, it would be hot.

skidmark said: BigPoppaPlump said: RegUSPatOff said: In Wisconsin, if you leave the store and re-enter, you're a new customer.

In Soviet Russia, the STORE leaves YOU....




Ripped from YS!!!

(Yakov Smirnov for the youthful ...)
Boy I miss him:

"Their ad said 'We guarantee our furniture and stand behind it for 6 months.'
I don't want people behind my furniture -- that's why I left Soviet Union!"

Or, "In America, you can always find party. In Russia, Party always find you."

If I ask for Santa ornaments will they throw me out of the store?

dawndelion said: I like the idea of this deal, but most of my current sets of lights are 150 to 250 lights, and to trade them in for 50 LED set doesn't seem to make sense.

Even if you have to buy more sets to equal the same number of lights, LEDs will likely pay for themselves quickly. You'll be paying 20% of what you usually pay to keep your house lit, which is a lot in my case.

Of course, now I could use 5 times as many lights for the same price...

MookiePrime said: dawndelion said: I like the idea of this deal, but most of my current sets of lights are 150 to 250 lights, and to trade them in for 50 LED set doesn't seem to make sense.

Even if you have to buy more sets to equal the same number of lights, LEDs will likely pay for themselves quickly. You'll be paying 20% of what you usually pay to keep your house lit, which is a lot in my case.

Of course, now I could use 5 times as many lights for the same price...


I'm not sure about the quickly part, but yes it will. I'm going to setup my kill-a-watt and see.

gohdes said: this sounds like a good deal, and I will probably get a couple just to have them. Eventually, this will be the only style sold. But I still don't like the way they look. You can spot the houses in my neighborhood with them a mile away. They are bright but do not give off the same kind of "glow" I am used to. - Clark W. Griswold

I had a friend that switched to LED Christmas Lights. I helped him put them up one year. While we were putting them up, just about 8 strings across the eaves of his house, he did the math on the energy consumption of the old lights.

While I do not remember the numbers, it seemed like for the 30 days being on for 3-4 hours / day, the electricity bill was going to be over $70, that is for the ones that give off that "glow" that everyone is accustomed to.

It was all I could do to not go directly home and discard all my old lights...but I still need to do that.


HPMaster

Re-check the math. $70 is too high. More like $7.

8 strings X 3-4 hours = ~2 units of electricity
2 units X 30 days = 60 units
National average cost per unit ~10c

winton said: Re-check the math. $70 is too high. More like $7.

8 strings X 3-4 hours = ~2 units of electricity
2 units X 30 days = 60 units
National average cost per unit ~10c


contacting D.O.E., please stand by....

gohdes said: this sounds like a good deal, and I will probably get a couple just to have them. Eventually, this will be the only style sold. But I still don't like the way they look. You can spot the houses in my neighborhood with them a mile away. They are bright but do not give off the same kind of "glow" I am used to. - Clark W. Griswold

A trick that car modders use with LED's is to "shave" the heads. Grab a dremel and cut the smooth round dome off so there's a rough scuffed tip left. (Or scuff up the dome part.) The roughness causes the light to bounce backwards and diffuses the light... that is, if you really want to sit there and shave all your LED's to get the glow effect.

Well it's the 5th and I'm off to see how these lights compare!

prologix said: Well it's the 5th and I'm off to see how these lights compare!

Yes please advise. Thanks.

I haven't been to the stores yet, but when I did a search online, the prices of these lights are anywhere from 14 - 80, and with the link I see that they only give you 3.00 off coupon. How do I get the lights for 2.95...what did I miss?

I just came back from HD. I brought in one very long dead string Christmas light. I asked for five coupons. The customer service gave me five coupons. He reminded me that limit 5 per customer. I did not realize that all I needed is one coupon to buy up to five strings.
Now I have four extra coupons. I plan to come back and get three more boxes. I like the cool white lights it looks really cool white and light blue when they are light up in the dark night.
If you don't know which lights or color to chose, then can see the sample display of every LCD lights available in store.
You can buy many other LED lights with higher price more fancy looking LED lights and still get the $3.00 off for each box.
So hurry and put up your Christmas lights before the bad weather arrive.

jake88 said: I haven't been to the stores yet, but when I did a search online, the prices of these lights are anywhere from 14 - 80, and with the link I see that they only give you 3.00 off coupon. How do I get the lights for 2.95...what did I miss?

Yes, there are many different LED in store. The cheapest and on sale is $5.95 -$3 coupon = $2.95.
If you buy the higher price LED, then you still receive $3 off for each box.

kenwallet said: I just came back from HD. I brought in one very long dead string Christmas light. I asked for five coupons. The customer service gave me five coupons. He reminded me that limit 5 per customer. I did not realize that all I needed is one coupon to buy up to five strings.
Now I have four extra coupons. I plan to come back and get three more boxes. I like the cool white lights it looks really cool white and light blue when they are light up in the dark night.
If you don't know which lights or color to chose, then can see the sample display of every LCD lights available in store.
You can buy many other LED lights with higher price more fancy looking LED lights and still get the $3.00 off for each box.
So hurry and put up your Christmas lights before the bad weather arrive.


Thanks for the info. So you only need to turn in one set of lights to request 5 coupons?

how long are the $3 strands

Turn in one dead strand Christmas you will receive one coupon. One coupon you can buy up to 5 boxes LED lights. It's must be LED lights.

Each strand is about 10 ft long and 50 tiny lights.

Just got 2 boxes C3 type LED lights. $7.95 each before $3 coupon. Big light bulbs. Clear bulbs are prety bright. The multi-color one looks nice but dimmer.

I traded-in a brand new box old style lights (99 cents brought a few years ago, but never used) for the $3 coupon. BUT I saw they just put the coupons in the Holiday lighting area when I went to pick up the LED lights. You can take as many as coupon as you want.

If this was good for Icicle lights it'd be great. I'm throwing away 5 sets this year like I do every year because half of them just don't work. Christmas Lights have to be the biggest scam around. The most shoddy product ever that work for a year and then die off.

nice

I'm standing at HD Menomonee falls wi and they're saying one coupon only applies to one new string, limit 5 coupons ( therefore 5 strings). Sux!

Disregard. Front desk didn't know what they were talking about. Grabbed one coupon, 5 boxes and had them rung up. Coupon took off $3 each.

Kelemvor said: If this was good for Icicle lights it'd be great. I'm throwing away 5 sets this year like I do every year because half of them just don't work. Christmas Lights have to be the biggest scam around. The most shoddy product ever that work for a year and then die off.

icicle lights are out of style and have always been hideous. Unless of course you live in a suburb and drive an Explorer, then they are still in style.

Sorry to bust your chops, I just really hate those icicle lights, and suburbanites.

Skipping 12 Messages...
winton said: Re-check the math. $70 is too high. More like $7.

8 strings X 3-4 hours = ~2 units of electricity
2 units X 30 days = 60 units
National average cost per unit ~10c


I checked it myself with a Kill-a-Watt. At 6.5c per KWh a strand of 50led lights from HD barely registered. It eventually calculated it at about .07 per 50 light strand each month. A 50 strand of incadesent lights was about 1.10 / mo. So 10 strands of 50 lights (500 lights at 185' length total) would cost about .70 / month. Not bad!

BTW for the person that stated they were 10' tiny lights. they are 18.5' long and the lights are not much smaller than incadesent lights. You can also select clear or color lights. They are quite bright and I agree they are too anoying to use indoors.

I hope that helps. I bought 10 boxes so I hope that's enough. It cost me about $32 total.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015