BOSCH ICON wiper blades $7 a pair after MIB!

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Bosch Icon wiper blades are $8 off a pair at advance auto this week.
Combine with $10 off of 25.
http://advancegrandopenings.com/admin/contest/coupon
And $15 Mail in rebate.
http://www.boschautoparts.com/promotions/Documents/ICONForcesReb...

Blades are about $20 each = $40 => -$8 instant savings - $10(off $25) - $15 MIR = $7 a pair!

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Rebate came today see my below post how to get your rebate. Lady from Bosch that called me back after I lodged the compl... (more)

ibeone (Mar. 07, 2010 @ 3:10p) |

thanks i'll give them a call.

xcoldricex (Mar. 16, 2010 @ 6:49a) |

Received my rebate check today as well. Used 10 off 25 coupon, but did not use the $8 off Bosch promotion (expired at th... (more)

ymtang (Mar. 18, 2010 @ 8:37p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary

nice deal...always like a new pair of wipers before winter really sets in!

"Good only at grand opening stores on site" Anyone have any luck at an established store?

cruzmisl said: "Good only at grand opening stores on site" Anyone have any luck at an established store?

Last month someone posted the same coupon that did not mention grand opening stores. I just did a search but couldn't find it. Maybe someone else can provide it???

OP, did you actually use the 10 off 25 at a grand opening store?

MIB.. Nice one!

Men In Black

Mail it Back

here is the 10 off 25 coupon without the grand opening language

JW, the rebate states "Purchase two (2) Bosch ICON™ Wiper Blades and receive $15 by mail-in rebate by return mail. Rebate does not include sales tax. Limit 2 Bosch ICON™ Wiper Blade rebates per name, address and household." Does this mean you can do two rebates on 4 blades or 2 blades are 2 rebates? For $7 I'll try to do this as much as I can

The $8 off 2 Icon blades is good til Dec 30 (not just this week)

When you buy 2 blades, you get 1 $15 rebate -- since the rebate limit is 2, you can buy 4 blades to get 2 $15 rebates (rebate terms state ONE REQUEST PER ENVELOPE SO MAIL THEM SEPARATELY!)

Just as an FYI, on November 28 Advance on-line had a BOGO sale on these wipers.Combined with the $15 MIR, needless to say there was QUITE a run on these that day. When I went in store to pick mine up, the salesman said " what in the world is going on with people buying these today" He was in shock.

A few hours later,I,along with probably thousands of others got this email from Advance.

I'm NOT saying the rebate will or will not go through.

Dear Valued Customer,

It has come to the attention of Advance Auto Parts that there are some websites, that we cannot control, that may have led customers to believe that we are participating in a current wiper blade mail-in rebate offer with Bosch.

We are not a participating retailer on this offer. It is up to Bosch whether or not it honors the rebate on your recent wiper blade purchase.

You can find all the great deals being offered by Advance to help you prepare for winter and the holiday gift giving season at www.advanceautoparts.com or at your nearest Advance Auto Parts Store. Thank you for being an Advance customer. Wrench it up!

Sincerely,

The Advance Auto Parts Team

Tried to use the coupon at my local store and they said "cannot be used with any other offer" just like on the coupon. YMMV if you store will take the coupon with sale items.

cruzmisl said: "Good only at grand opening stores on site" Anyone have any luck at an established store?

Used the coupon successfully on sale items last week in Loves Park, IL.
Definite YMMV

I hate that "cannot be combined with any other offer" language. Its so ambiguous ... grrrrrrrrr

It's not ambiguous at all. It's just not what you wish it to be.

pep boys is clearing out these wipers, they are about 10ish bucks each at my local PB. i was also able to use the 10 off 25 coupon as a competitor's coupon at the store... YMMV doing this as it probably depends on the manager that's on shift... but it's a helluva lot cheaper doing it this way and you can get a freebie! i got one of those liquid aroma smelly things for my car!

patience, iago!

Oct 7th I sent in my rebate for these and still haven't received it. So expect a long wait by my experience!

bmobrien said: here is the 10 off 25 coupon without the grand opening language.....Hmmmmm, if Advance Auto found out this edited coupon .....

calvin888 said: bmobrien said: here is the 10 off 25 coupon without the grand opening language.....Hmmmmm, if Advance Auto found out this edited coupon .....Its not edited -- this was the original coupon before they changed it

I posted the PDF version a few posts back showing the print date

Dec 11-13 the offer will be $10 off 2 blades

Friends & Family PDF attached

ty op just got my set of wipers

Sorry, I meant MIR, but you can mail them back to me if you buy them

2 blades = 1 rebate. So you can get this deal for 2 sets = 4 blades.

From the fine print:

"Rules: This offer is valid only for Bosch ICON Wiper Blades purchased at participating stores"

Does anyone have the list of "participating stores"?

where are the "grand opening" stores?

PirateSteve said:
Tried to use the coupon at my local store and they said "cannot be used with any other offer" just like on the coupon. YMMV if you store will take the coupon with sale items.
this contradicts the below email. if they are not paying the rebate, then it's not their "any other offer"

LetsGoMets1 said:
Dear Valued Customer,

It has come to the attention of Advance Auto Parts that there are some websites, that we cannot control, that may have led customers to believe that we are participating in a current wiper blade mail-in rebate offer with Bosch.

We are not a participating retailer on this offer. It is up to Bosch whether or not it honors the rebate on your recent wiper blade purchase.

You can find all the great deals being offered by Advance to help you prepare for winter and the holiday gift giving season at www.advanceautoparts.com or at your nearest Advance Auto Parts Store. Thank you for being an Advance customer. Wrench it up!

Sincerely,

The Advance Auto Parts Team

That's pretty fun that they deny it being their promotion then deny using their own coupon. Either it's a promotion or it's not.You are not technically 'combining' anything with them if they are not even honoring one of the items. That's like a store denying you a coupon cause you're paying with a discover card that has CashBack.

The "buy 2 blades and get $8 off" is considered an offer

no advance auto stores near me but just saw Goodyear blades at Costco for 7.99 each so no rebate hassle. are these good wipers?

Just got a pair at the Chicago (Armitage Ave) location. They're running the $8 off two wipers deal. No issues with the coupon. $26 out of pocket. Sent the $15 rebate in today. Lets see what happens... $9 for a pair of wipers is good - for these wipers that's awesome.

Two things to report...1 My rebate came in Yesterday sent it in Oct 7th...2 the wife just came in and said the wipers are junk as all they are doing is smearing the windshield. Thats after only 2 months. Buyer beware!

fire those "wipers" and hire new ones

brotherhpj said: Two things to report...1 My rebate came in Yesterday sent it in Oct 7th...2 the wife just came in and said the wipers are junk as all they are doing is smearing the windshield. Thats after only 2 months. Buyer beware!
did you ever check the status of the rebate on their website? its been 2 weeks since i've sent off the rebate and their website still says they havent received it...

brotherhpj said: Two things to report...1 My rebate came in Yesterday sent it in Oct 7th...2 the wife just came in and said the wipers are junk as all they are doing is smearing the windshield. Thats after only 2 months. Buyer beware!

Take some glass claner and spray a paper towel with it. Then rub the wiper blades. Also clean where the blades sit on your car. When i was a auto tech I had people complian all the time. But if you install new blades and don;t clean under them they just pick up all the old trash.
So clean the blades and the WHOLE windshield.

Thanks OP. Picked up a pair yesterday.

These blades are the best. They are the same blades found on BMW's/Audi/MB. I buy them for my honda all the time. They are quiet and do a great job.

15% OFF EVERYTHING | Today Only---XMAS - Online Only Offer* Free shipping also over $75. Or you can do free store pickup

jwichmann5 said: 15% OFF EVERYTHING | Today Only---XMAS - Online Only Offer* Free shipping also over $75. Or you can do free store pickupwhere?!? how?!? who?!? what?!?
I am confused...

winton said: jwichmann5 said: 15% OFF EVERYTHING | Today Only---XMAS - Online Only Offer* Free shipping also over $75. Or you can do free store pickupwhere?!? how?!? who?!? what?!?
I am confused...

Advance auto parts website

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/conte...

if you have to go in-store, how is this better than the $10/$25 coupon?
or can you combine when you go for pick-up?

any success in receiving rebates with purchases from AAP?

Skipping 18 Messages...
Received my rebate check today as well. Used 10 off 25 coupon, but did not use the $8 off Bosch promotion (expired at that time).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014