• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Found these at my local WalMart yesterday. I have been wanting the Skechers ones, but couldn't really justify the $100 price tag. $25 for the Danskins is excellent. Here is a link to see what the Skechers look like.

Here is the link for the Danskins at Wally Mart

They are kinda goofy looking, but give a great walking workout for the legs and butt.

Walmart
See Walmart discounts that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Danskin
See Danskin discounts that earn 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Danskin Now
Thanks Logician1313
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I got the WalMart knock off a week ago. It was fine at first, but then I wore them at work. ( bad idea) I'm laying in be... (more)

Amberimoore (Jan. 04, 2011 @ 7:46a) |

Just bought mine yesterday from WalMart. Will try them out today. So far I've had them on for an hour and really like ... (more)

idemo (Jan. 17, 2011 @ 6:50a) |

The Danskin Spring Sneakers are on clearance at my local Wal-Mart for $15.00!!! If I like them, I may get a back-up pai... (more)

judyp1 (Feb. 16, 2011 @ 11:08a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Rocker shoes are great...

Be warned, getting the cheap knock-offs like Skechers or these
Danskins can actually hurt your body more than help it.

The real deal rocker shoes have over 7 layers of shock absorption
and support to create the proper body balance. Skechers
is just ripping off the international brand Shoezen and MBT.
I own several pairs of rocker shoes from Shoezen and MBT and
I have back problems. I've tried the cheap Skechers and they
have no padding and they don't align your back correctly.

Shoezen are a quality brand at a fair price available
right now from eBay:
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=m38&_nkw=shoezen&_sacat=...

MBTs are good but very pricey.

Be careful what you are putting on your feet!
I'm glad the OP brought up the topic of rocker shoes
because I think they're great... but invest in good
shoes and don't screw up your back!

I bought a pair af Sketchers Shape Ups. I fell in love with them. Most comfortable shoe I have ever worn. Everybody says the MBT's are better, so I ordered a pair. Nice, but not as comfy as the Sketchers. The Sketchers make you look forward to getting out and walking.

suezyque said: Found these at my local WalMart yesterday. I have been wanting the Skechers ones, but couldn't really justify the $100 price tag. $25 for the Danskins is excellent. Here is a link to see what the Skechers look like.

Here is the link for the Danskins at Wally Mart

They are kinda goofy looking, but give a great walking workout for the legs and butt.

AWESOME find op!

Wifes been wanting some of these, but like you, she didn't like the price of the Skechers.

Jimmy thinks Danskins stole his shoe idea. Jimmy's gonna get you Danskins - Jimmy holds grudges!

Text

I bought the Curves Version from Avon as the price was steep for sketchers for a trial of the idea. They are nice and make my feet feel much better as I have plantar officiates. I can walk and feel my thighs working instead of my sore feet! They were $39.99. I saw the Danskin one's in the store today. So I bought a pair at $25 considering I loved the Curves one's. These Danskins feel more like the Skechers I tried on when I first was interested in the rocker shoes. Very comfortable. I did a full work out in them and it was awesome. I like the curves ones and will probably buy the curves sandals. ...but if I need a new pair of the sneakers and Skechers is still out of reach, then the Danskin ones are my choice. Well worth it.

Oooh...this are quite tempting to grab!! Does anyone know of a free shipping code to pair it with? I know you can usually do site to store, but I usually avoid my local Wallie World (it's not a nice as most).

Thanks for sharing!

Actually they qualify for $0.97 shipping! Awesome!

valkyriesound said: Rocker shoes are great...

Be warned, getting the cheap knock-offs like Skechers or these
Danskins can actually hurt your body more than help it.

The real deal rocker shoes have over 7 layers of shock absorption
and support to create the proper body balance. Skechers
is just ripping off the international brand Shoezen and MBT.
I own several pairs of rocker shoes from Shoezen and MBT and
I have back problems. I've tried the cheap Skechers and they
have no padding and they don't align your back correctly.

Shoezen are a quality brand at a fair price available
right now from eBay:
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=m38&_nkw=shoezen&_sacat=...

MBTs are good but very pricey.

Be careful what you are putting on your feet!
I'm glad the OP brought up the topic of rocker shoes
because I think they're great... but invest in good
shoes and don't screw up your back!

You might want to update your research on MBT's. The original owner sold the company and the quality has apparently suffered significantly. Here's something I just ran across which includes photographs, but there are a LOT of complaints:

Link

Bought a Pair of the Danskin Now - Women's Spring Sneakers from WalMart, last week. They are very very comfortable and fit the feet great. I have Sciatica, with pain all the way across my back and also down my leg. I wore these Danskin Now - Women's Spring Sneakers, and the pain seemed to melt away. I even went shopping last night and wore them again and the pain seems to be so much less when I wear these Danskin Now - Women's Spring Sneakers from WalMart. I would recommend these to everyone!!!!

I have checked out numerous Wal Marts and I can't find the Danskins. Where have you found these?

I've tried on three different kinds of rocker shoes in the last month...the Danskin version, the Avia brand and the Skechers Shape Ups and I have to say that the Danskin and Avia didn't compare at all to the Skechers. The Skechers are more squishy and a LOT more comfortable. I officiate volleyball and have to stand on a hard metal stand, sometimes for hours, and my main focus is comfort. The Danskin and Avia soles felt very hard and unforgiving. The Skechers made it feel like I was walking in soft sand. I don't know how they'll do as far as a workout goes, but they are super comfortable and that's what I was looking for.

Click on the WalMart link from the first post, and it will come up ITEM NOT AVAILABLE, but then click on, find in store. Then click on that, and all you have to do is put in your zip code, and it will tell you where they are avaible in your area!

I bought my first pair of Skechers about 5 months on recomendation of my orthopedic dr. I also have sciatica and a very bad knee. These are the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn, so soft and plushy and I thought I was geting a quality product for the money. Yesterday I noticed that the foam layer in the sole had actually fallen out and there is a hole there. They can no longer be worn and I cant afford to replace them. I probably will not buy another pair because I cant buy new shoes every 5 months. This makes me sad as they are so comfortable. I have no recourse as of course I threw away the box and cant find the reciept. This was probably an isolated incident but I cant take the chance.

You are the awesome-est ever! I wanted the shape ups forever but it's like paying 1 mo. of car insurance to get them! I am going to go to Wally's this weekend and am going to grab the Danskins. THANKS SO MUCH!!!!

You are the awesome-est ever! I wanted the shape ups forever but it's like paying 1 mo. of car insurance to get them! I am going to go to Wally's this weekend and am going to grab the Danskins. THANKS SO MUCH!!!!

pkb123 said: I bought my first pair of Skechers about 5 months on recomendation of my orthopedic dr. I also have sciatica and a very bad knee. These are the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn, so soft and plushy and I thought I was geting a quality product for the money. Yesterday I noticed that the foam layer in the sole had actually fallen out and there is a hole there. They can no longer be worn and I cant afford to replace them. I probably will not buy another pair because I cant buy new shoes every 5 months. This makes me sad as they are so comfortable. I have no recourse as of course I threw away the box and cant find the reciept. This was probably an isolated incident but I cant take the chance.

I would contact Skechers customer service and I'm sure they will make it right!!

I purchased the Danskin Rocker shoes at WalMart for $25 and I love them. I can actually feel the burn after walking just a few minutes and it even looks like my rear end is shaping up! So far a great investment.

I've had my Skecher Shape ups for about a year now. I work at a WalMart in Nevada. I wear mine all day, my feet, knees and back have never felt better. I just ordered the Danskin version and can't wait to see if they can hold up like my Skechers. I've bought other Danskin shoes from WalMart and they are worn out within 3 months. Will post my findings after about a month of 16 hour days, hoping they can pass the test, the price is a lot better than Skechers.

I purchased a pair last week and Wal-Mart's sold out my size within days. I like the shoes and can do Walk Away The Pounds in them! I ordered 2 more pair and they are shipping them to me for $.97 S&H per pair. Not a bad deal at all.

I brought the Wal-Mart Danskin ROCKERS and i love them, they are very comfortable and i can wear them all day without a problem. i can even wear them while driving.

I just bought the $25 wally special. Anyone know how to correctly walk in them, am I supose to start heel to toe, or try to stay off my heel? In case you don't know I'm very new to this, say them on tv, but Rebok is way different looking then the rockers. Anyway can someone please tell me how to walk properly to tone my legs and but. Thanks

I am brand new to these shoes, just bought my $25 wally's yesterday. can anyone explain teh way you walk, just normal, heel to toe, not on heel at all??? I don't want to hurt myself, only get the tone in my legs and butt. Thanks

I bought a pair of the Danskin rockers. And I've also tried the 3 different versions of Shape Ups that Sketchers has to offer. I am a runner so I am well aware that my Danskins would be unsuitable to run in, however I also walk about 45 minutes each evening. I love the WalMart (way cheaper version) of Shape Ups. They feel like you're walking on little clouds, I love it! After using the WalMart brand, I decided to give Sketchers a shot. In my honest opinion they just felt really squishy. I didn't feel like I was getting a good walking workout like I did with the Danskin's. Price isn't everything.

I bought a pair of the Danskin rockers. And I've also tried the 3 different versions of Shape Ups that Sketchers has to offer. I am a runner so I am well aware that my Danskins would be unsuitable to run in, however I also walk about 45 minutes each evening. I love the WalMart (way cheaper version) of Shape Ups. They feel like you're walking on little clouds, I love it! After using the WalMart brand, I decided to give Sketchers a shot. In my honest opinion they just felt really squishy. I didn't feel like I was getting a good walking workout like I did with the Danskin's. Price isn't everything.

I purchased my Danskins 3 weeks ago. I broke my left ankle 10 years ago and my left leg is a little shorter than the right one. The Danskins have made a big difference in how far I can walk. I had two pairs of Nikes (price of Skechers in the last 5 years) but they are not nearly as comfortable as the Danskins. I really like my shoes and the price. My son bought a pair of Skechers, so we'll compair how they hold up.

just got the Danskin shoes from WalMart because i can not afford 100 for Skechers hope they last because in the long run are we really saving money? time will tell but i like them sofar

bought a pair of Danskin neow recently from WalMart, great price, terrible shoe. wore them one day to my job as a nurse and now my heel is so sore i can't wear any shoe without wrapping my foot with a padding. taking them back as soon as possible. wouldn't buy them again.

read up on the rocker style shoes and you will find some have rigid bottoms for walking only and some have softer soles so they are good for walking, running etc. pick the ones that fit what you are doing. Bought the Danskins. I only walk. Work fine!

I just bought 2 pairs at WalMart and I think they are great. They have different size heels so I am starting off with the lower and will move to the higher. At first I was walking on my toes and it was a little unconfortable but then I got on the treadmill and did the heel to toe walk and wow what a difference and I had to stop to massage my calfs. They really work and I am so glad I got them. I do suggest you go a little at a time just like starting any new workout.

you should check with the company about a warranty. you may still be able to exchange them since you have only had them for such a short time.

you should contact the company to see if they might replace the shoe. there may be a warranty on the shoes. never hurts to try.

I got the WalMart knock off a week ago. It was fine at first, but then I wore them at work. ( bad idea) I'm laying in bed cause I can't sleep cause my legs are in the worse pain I have ever felt in my life. Damn My back just went out. Thanks a whole lot crappy shoes. I guess that what I get for shopping at WalMart.

Just bought mine yesterday from WalMart. Will try them out today. So far I've had them on for an hour and really like the way they feel.

The Danskin Spring Sneakers are on clearance at my local Wal-Mart for $15.00!!! If I like them, I may get a back-up pair tomorrow. I'm in the Atlanta, GA Area.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014