Free 3-month Amazon Prime Trial

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • 1 234518
  • Page
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I just did this and it worked for me. I'm not a new customer either. Good luck

You don't have to buy the book to get the trial. Also make sure not to be logged in when you first add it to the cart.

* Click the link and add Pride and Prejudice to your cart
* Click the Add to Cart with FREE Two-Day shipping button on the right side of the page
* Click Proceed to checkout button
* Review the trial offer details, then click Start my free trial

To prevent Amazon Prime from renewing after 3 months, do this:

* On Amazon.com click Your Account [Amazon.com] and Log in
* Click Manage Prime Membership link
* Click Do not Upgrade button then click Turn off auto-upgrade button on the popup window.

Amazon
Get Up to 3.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
i am still pissed that despite spending thousands of dollars during prime trials now i must endure the shtty shipping th... (more)

SteelRing (Apr. 16, 2010 @ 3:37a) |

or you could, you know, pay for shipping instead of whining about it on fat wallet.

UseTheForceJesus (Apr. 22, 2010 @ 3:15p) |

This doesn't work anymore:

We were unable to start your Free Trial Our records indicate that you have previously been a... (more)

UseTheForceJesus (Apr. 22, 2010 @ 8:32p) |

Your Amazon account must specify a regular address -- a Post Office Box will not work.

Your Amazon account must have an unexpired credit card associated. A checking account used for payment will not work.

Be sure you are logged out before you start the process... if your browser remembers you, you won't get the 2 day shipping option.

Don't actually complete the purchase.

Once you get to the "Place your order" screen, open a new window/ tab and open Amazon and go to your account - manage prime membership. Your 3 month trial should be active.

Then follow Mahyar2's instructions on how to To prevent Amazon Prime from renewing after 3 months

Once you finish those steps go back to your cart and remove the book.

DO NOT use Opera - you won't see it. I had a devil of a time wondering why. Also, sometimes it appears right at the front, sometimes at the last screen. Guess it depends on the browser, except for Opera.

This offer is good through 2-5-2010! See this page on Amazon for full details.
Link to all eligible textbooks. Use any book from here if Pride and Prejudice becomes unavailable.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks OP. Just out of free trial on Dec 21. Got 3 months free trial.

Sweet! Worked for me, I had previously used a 3-month trial with this account. I did have to sign out to see the free trial offer, but was able to sign up again. Thanks OP!

last time i read the "trial" details, it specifically stated you would be charged $79 UP FRONT... is this one different?

EDIT: seems like this one is different:
"Important: Your credit card will NOT be charged when you start your Free Trial or if you cancel during the trial period. If you're happy with Amazon Prime, do nothing. At the end of the Free Trial, your membership will automatically upgrade to a full year for $79. "

Thanks OP! Me too, just finished one month try and now got another 3-month try.

Thanks OP! Worked for me..another 3 months of free trial

ionizer said: last time i read the "trial" details, it specifically stated you would be charged $79 UP FRONT... is this one different?

EDIT: seems like this one is different:
"Important: Your credit card will NOT be charged when you start your Free Trial or if you cancel during the trial period. If you're happy with Amazon Prime, do nothing. At the end of the Free Trial, your membership will automatically upgrade to a full year for $79. "

No your credit card will not be charged until March 29th. Just make sure to turn off the auto upgrade.

Was able to sign up easily by following OP instructions

Thanks OP!!!

Thanks OP.

Guess you have to wait for your current free trial to be over before you see this offer. Guess I wait a few days and see if it's still available then.

Due to a temporary technical problem we were unable to complete your Amazon Prime Free Trial sign up and apply Free Two-Day Shipping to this order.You can try again to sign up here.

Sweet! Worked for me as well even after my 1-month free trial ended on Dec. 23rd. Thanks OP!

SafetyDance said: Guess you have to wait for your current free trial to be over before you see this offer. Guess I wait a few days and see if it's still available then.

You can just open a different Amazon account with a different email address

Worked for me also. Ta!

Thanks, worked for me as well.

Amazing...!!!
Got 3 months, even though had used the old 3-month prime before...

It worked. I canceled mine two days ago. Got my refund today. And now enjoying 3 month Prime for free.

This works!!! Wonderful! A+!!! would do business again!!!!!!

thanks op, worked fine. perfect timing....

Nice, my $59 year ended today... correction my $59 year ends on March 29th, 2010.

Thanks alot!

I think this promo is for textbooks. The link didn't show up for me on Pride and Prejudice, but I went to a GMAT study guide and it worked.

LINK

Thanks OP but I just renewed. Last year on this day Amazon dropped the price of Prime to $59.00. I got in and renewed today at $79. Was hoping the deal would come by again before I had to renew. 8-)

"We were unable to complete your Amazon Prime Enrollment
Due to a temporary technical problem we were unable to complete your Amazon Prime Free Trial sign up and apply Free Two-Day Shipping to this order.You can try again to sign up here."

wow...clicked the last word and tried again...it worked!

thanks OP, awesome deal

I went through placing the order. It worked fine. My problem now is that I do not really need Pride and Prejudice. Can I cancel this order without canceling the 3 month prime trial?

I had to sign out before seeing the free trial button. Thanks OP!

Igbo said: I went through placing the order. It worked fine. My problem now is that I do not really need Pride and Prejudice. Can I cancel this order without canceling the 3 month prime trial?

Yes, you didn't even have to buy it

Nice find. Thanks OP!

Igbo said: I went through placing the order. It worked fine. My problem now is that I do not really need Pride and Prejudice. Can I cancel this order without canceling the 3 month prime trial?

Sadly, you're obligated to read all of it, or Amazon will cancel your Prime trial.

(green for OP, thanks)

Just read the book. It's good for you.

works for me....
thanks

Thanks! Worked for me.

Thanks OP, post of the month for me

Mahyar2 said: SafetyDance said: Guess you have to wait for your current free trial to be over before you see this offer. Guess I wait a few days and see if it's still available then.

You can just open a different Amazon account with a different email address
Or if you prefer to keep your existing account, you can cancel your current Prime, and then get this one. Better than chancing it by waiting.

Thanks, unfortunately, by the time I was through reading the terms of this offer my order had gone into shipping process and as such can not be canceled. I may just keep the order and throw into into my next Christmas gift collection.

Mahyar2 said: Igbo said: I went through placing the order. It worked fine. My problem now is that I do not really need Pride and Prejudice. Can I cancel this order without canceling the 3 month prime trial?

Yes, you didn't even have to buy it

Thanks OP! Worked exactly like you said!

Igbo said: Thanks, unfortunately, by the time I was through reading the terms of this offer my order had gone into shipping process and as such can not be canceled. I may just keep the order and throw into into my next Christmas gift collection.If you decline the package, it will get shipped back and you will get a refund. Just leave a note for the charming UPS gal.

Thanks...worked for me.

Skipping 674 Messages...
This doesn't work anymore:

We were unable to start your Free Trial Our records indicate that you have previously been a paid or trial member of Amazon Prime. Free trials are currently available to new members only, but you may sign up at our regular rate of $79/year to enjoy Free Two-Day Shipping.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014