AAA Free Drunk Ride Home Tonight and/or Tow

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

mmmmm, beer
Disclaimer
Putting in hot deals because this is easily a $50 value. Hope all you fellow FW'ers have a great 2010 and a continued safe 2009.

If you wind up drinking too much at a party when you were supposed to drive home, the American Automobile Association hopes you will call its Tow To Go program at 1-800-AAA-HELP (1-800-222-4357).

"The program is very unique because it is one of the few programs that comes and gets the driver and their car and gets them both home safely," AAA spokeswoman Joanna Newton said. "What's even more unique is that it is free of charge, completely confidential and you do not have to be a AAA member to use the service."

Still working on finding exact locations this will be available.

Here are the locations in the south:
Coverage Areas Tow to Go program is available throughout Florida and in Metro Atlanta, Savannah, and Metro Nashville.
Tipsy Tow - Arizona, Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, California

...and probably many others...cheers!

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
This is a great service and PR for AAA
If it saves one life of an innocent person driving to work etc. Think of the pain... (more)

Californiadeal (Jan. 01, 2010 @ 6:18a) |

so did anyone use the free tow?

SUCKISSTAPLES (Jan. 01, 2010 @ 8:58a) |

You've obviously never seen a tow truck driver.

TerpBE (Jan. 02, 2010 @ 1:10a) |

service end in 2010 New Year eve. Sounds good. 7 miles max in so. cal. After that about $10 /mile. YMMV. Good thru midight PST.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Hurry up and find out, the party starts in 3 hours at our house.I want my guests getting home safe tonight !!!

Hurry up, I'm already drunk!

for southern partiers

http://www.aaasouth.com/acs_news/tow_to_go.asp

Coverage Areas - Tow to Go program is available throughout Florida and in Metro Atlanta, Savannah, and Metro Nashville.

some locations call it 'tow to go' others call it 'tipsy tow'.

Do like quail all leave at the same time they cannot catch all of you

Coverage Areas Tow to Go program is available throughout Florida and in Metro Atlanta, Savannah, and Metro Nashville.

Great find, thanks for sharing.

Nice!!! Next time my car breaks im just gonna go get hammered and call AAA for free towing home. I already have roadside asst from infiniti, but they will only bring the car to the dealer, which is 40 miles from home (and i dont like to let them touch the car anyway)

This is the exact service that The League (FX) jokes about in I think Episode 5 or so.

also available in metro Los angeles
Auto Club Offers "Tipsy Tow" for New Year's Holiday
(LOS ANGELES, Dec. 29, 2009) — To help reduce DUI statistics by keeping drinking drivers off the road, the Automobile Club of Southern California is offering its free Tipsy Tow service during the New Year’s holiday. The service is available at 6 p.m. Thursday, New Year’s Eve, through 11:59 p.m. Friday, Jan. 1, 2010. Tipsy Tow is available in the 13 Southern California counties served by the Auto Club.

In East Asia this kind of thing is standard, but entrepreneurial. You call up the small driver business, they come to wherever you are, drive you, your car, and whoever is in it home. Cost is usually about $10.

Alexsoccerboy said: In East Asia this kind of thing is standard, but entrepreneurial. You call up the small driver business, they come to wherever you are, drive you, your car, and whoever is in it home. Cost is usually about $10.

We have this in South Dakota, a company called "Scooters" they have collapsable motorcycles that they but in your trunk then drive your car home for you, take out the scooter and drive to the next customer.

For NorCAL.
http://www.csaa.com/portal/site/CSAA/menuitem.f8ea57972f9730c0f4e78c7492278a0c/?vgnextoid=f013a272eb91d010VgnVCM100000c512daceRCRD&vgnextfmt=default

This is pure marketing genius at work. It cost $48.50 per tow that is done. The average drunk driving insurance claim cost the insurance company $8,743.00.

AAA views this as a service to the community but also if we can prevent 1 drunk driving accident insurance claim, it saves the company $8,743. 180 free tows’ is the same as 1 drunk driving insurance claim. Oh and it might save a life or two.

some lady recently in South Dakota set like the record for blowing a DUI of like .700, she should have been legally dead.

NO A GOOD DEAL! THEY ONLY TOWN UP TO 5 MILES.

from Tallahassee News

"Getting behind the wheel under the influence of alcohol can have major consequences.
That's why AAA Auto Group South and Anheuser Busch has teamed up to get everyone home safe this holiday season."
"Tow-To-Go" is available for all major holidays throughout the year.

"The last day will be Midnight on January first and will reopen February 3rd for Super Bowl Weekend."

thoughout Florida and in Metro Atlanta, Savannah, and Metro Nashville
Tow To Go Coverage Areas enter ZIP CODE
to see if it automatically goes to the:
Tow To Go Fact Sheet website

2009 Tow to Go Holiday Schedule

Holidays . . . . Date of Actual Holiday . . . . Days Tow to Go is Provided

Super Bowl . . . . February 1st (Sunday) . . . . January 30th, 31st, February 1st
St. Patrick's Day . . . . March 17th (Tuesday) . . . . March 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th
Cinco de Mayo . . . . May 5th (Tuesday) . . . . May 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
Memorial Day . . . . May 25th (Monday) . . . . May 22nd, 23rd, 24th, 25th
Independence Day . . . . July 4th (Saturday) . . . . July 3rd, 4th, 5th
Labor Day . . . . September 7th (Monday) . . . . September 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th
Halloween . . . . October 31st (Saturday) . . . . October 30th, 31st
Thanksgiving thru New Year's Day . . . . November 26th (Thursday) . . . . November 26th thru January 2nd
(all of those holiday parties in December, etc)

It's going to suck if I break down and have to wait an hour for AAA to show up because they're dealing with stupid drunks all night

7 miles in LA area..thats good enough..if more than that they will charge you...thats fair i think

Saiyan007 said: NO A GOOD DEAL! THEY ONLY TOWN UP TO 5 MILES.

I called and they said that they would "get you and your car home" (sounded like drive it) up to 15 miles from the point of pickup.

That is in South Dakota anyways, and specifically in the cities of Rapid City, Sioux Falls, and Mitchell (no other areas).

Repost Sorry

Do they tuck you in and leave you a barf bag?

Everyone give the OP some GREEN. A generous, thoughtful deal that may just save the life of someone you love. Priceless. DOUBLE GREEN. hic.

TYRB~
trytb~
TYDGE~
TYTBUDGET

This is great for people who don't know how to plan ahead.

skrappiedew said: This is great for people who don't know how to plan ahead.
Ah, if I had a dollar for everytime I got good and drunk.

TYTIE
wellllll, drunk, in any event lol

I'm sorry I wouldn't let AAA touch my BMW,

I also don't drink, so I'm going to find a way to abuse this.

LawrenceofArabia said: I'm sorry I wouldn't let AAA touch my BMW,

I also don't drink, so I'm going to find a way to abuse this.

AAA never touches your overpriced BMW, the contracted towing company does the work.

Now I need to find a way to tow my car, I wouldn't let the contracted towing company touch my Lexus.

would this be a good opportunity to pretend to be drunk and get a free tow for my broken down car to my mechanic's garage?

I wonder if AA would match this offer....

I LOVE YOU MAN!

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

IamN41 said: I LOVE YOU MAN!

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

You're drunk, but I love you too Borat....happy 2010!

I could have used this when I lived in Savannah on 64th St. A tow from downtown would have been in the range.

/old and in hotel in SLC, UT tonight watching football. No longer a whipper snapper.

Stollen123 said: 7 miles in LA area..thats good enough..if more than that they will charge you...thats fair i think

tow to an address 5 miles away.. then call again. Stack your tows home. It's the fatwallet way.

actually.. call ahead.. you dont want to wait for another hr @ your next pickup point ;'p

OMG...I posted this on my Facebook page for all my friends to see and I included the link. Facebook automatically truncates the link name and it appears as...

California State Automobile Association - Insurance, Automotive, Discounts, Travel and Road Side Ass

What a bargain!!

Happy New Year

I wonder if they will pick up anyone who is drunk to the point they will vomit anytime...

This is a great service and PR for AAA
If it saves one life of an innocent person driving to work etc. Think of the pain it will save a family

so did anyone use the free tow?

jalexisk said: OMG...I posted this on my Facebook page for all my friends to see and I included the link. Facebook automatically truncates the link name and it appears as...

California State Automobile Association - Insurance, Automotive, Discounts, Travel and Road Side Ass

What a bargain!!

You've obviously never seen a tow truck driver.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014