• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
For those who may be interested, promotion code 'CMP1107' provides a $2.50 discount off a 1, 2 or 3 year membership for the new senior organization, Association of Mature American Citizens (AMAC).

1 Year - $12.50 - $2.50 promotion code = $10.00
2 Year - $22.50 - $2.50 promotion code = $20.00
3 Year - $27.50 - $2.50 promotion code = $25.00

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

Is that a dating site? I want to find a rich 50 year old GILF

is a gilf > a cougar?

how does that work

rigor said: is a gilf > a cougar?

how does that work

G = grandma?

"Mature" and "fatwallet" tend not to mix well...

Membership in this was free in 2008 and most of 2009...so this deal represents a $10 annual price increase.

Not a deal.

Hey go for it, you and Humana need to offset all of our Communist Grannys.

The grannys aren't the problem, but it appears to be a potential offset of their former association (AARP) who didn't represent their interests or point of view. I'm in...

LongDongSilver said: rigor said: is a gilf > a cougar?

how does that work

G = grandma?

There are some "grannys" at work that I'd hop on in a minute. 50 is the new 40 (especially when you're 35)

Put your money where your health is.

I am an AARP memeber for the discounts. However, I do not even consider the AARP products that they "push" on their members.

A couple of basic facts for anyone who is under the delusion that the AARP represents the views and/or interests of their members.

Less than 20% of their income comes from member's dues. The majority of their income comes from the insurance products they promote to their members. Not only are these products not a benefit to their memebers, they are universally more expensive that what their members could buy elsewhere. Talk about conflict of interest, they search out the companies that will give them the best CashBack percentage. If they truely representaed their memebers, they would be searching for the best deals and not accepting one penny on the backs of their memebers.

The AARP is no more an advocacy organization than is Cosco or for that matter FW. You could make a case that Costco is more honest because they don't pretend that your membership dues are for anything but purchasing products as a discount. FW doesn't charge a membership fee and pretty transparent about the affiliate fees they receive. In fact the AARP goes to great length to hide this from their memebers.

P.P.S. Would you be much of a fatwalleter if you bought every product from the company with the highest CashBack regardless of the product price. Well that is what the AARP does with their members money and then uses that windfall to advocate for their pet agendas (many times having nothing to do with senior issues).

groch said: Membership in this tiny ultra right wing front for the insurance industry

This is their stated proposal from their web site:

"Second, [health insurance] coverage will be required for all."

There is not a dime's worth of difference between AMAC and others. Fear them all equally.

Oh wow! I'm a shy FW poster--25 total since Oct. 2006 so it was a little mortifying to see this small discount bleed red. No offense was intended--we are AARP members and today we also joined AMAC. After calling to ask about the promo code field, I posted the code AMAC provided here for other FW users who may be interested. On a personal note, we were willing to risk $10 to see if 2 competing senior organizations may provide more value than AARP alone over the next 12 months.

do these associates enforce age discrimination or can anyone join?

Let's just really get things straight about AARP. They take in $650,000,000 every year for what they call their "branded" products! Yes, $650,000,000! They do not dispute this number. Second, they are firmly in favor of the proposed healthcare plan and SUPPORT Medicare REDUCTIONS of $500 BILLION over the next decade. They are opposed to Medicare Advantage programs. These statements are not disputed by at least one State Director of AARP. According to this same Director, they have not even considered supporting elimination of Social Security taxation.

Personally, I have found the AARP branded programs to be very expensive and not in my best interest.

As noted previously, AARP exists solely as a marketing organization. They definitely dod not support seniors. But, they are very good at convincing seniors that they (AARP) understand and support your needs. This has nothing to do with politics but simply what their mission is. Just as information, prior to retirement, I managed employee benefits including health insurance for over 30 years.

yah i get a sitthon of AARP mail from a wrong-address or something - maybe a dead person - tons and tons of marketing. must account for 80% of the mail i get. maybe old people don't use email so they spam your physical mailbox

they do what every other company does, push spam on their clients. every other day, ton of crap. they don't represent anyone except their own interests.

From DenverDon,

(FYI: On 18Feb10, entered 'CMP1107' for coupon code on AMAC web site but was rejected as "not found" (recognized). Even copied & pasted the code from mrspilot 30Jan-4:45p post, plus tried variations w/ caps/nocaps & spaces also with no success. Also tried for 1, 2 & 3 yr offers w/ same result. Assumption is it's no longer accepted/valid.

I tried enrolling to AMAC using your code "CMP1107". Got a response that the code could not be found. Are you sure this is the correct one?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014