• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/

Ultimate Keylogger is popular all-round monitoring solution. It monitors all activities on computer systems including applications, keyboard, passwords, clipboard, chat, email, and visited websites. To avoid tampering of the software, it features a unique file protection.

Ultimate Keylogger is completely undetectable.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
You joined fatwallet specifically to make this post? (joined 2min before the timestamp of his post) Wow, I'm DEFINITE... (more)

ThankYou (Feb. 11, 2010 @ 1:33a) |

1: Write a keylogger virus
2: Give it away for FREE as a legitimate software
3: ???
4: Profit!

CrappyDude (Feb. 11, 2010 @ 2:48a) |

I knew the guy's wife, she was HOT !

HTuttle (Feb. 11, 2010 @ 4:34a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Can't beat free! Thanks, OP!

hhhmmmm.... wonder if it is going to "keylog" you also and report back to the mothership!!.

Thanks, but will pass!

antivirus sure thinks its a TARP!

AV Active Scanners will always detect Keyloggers as potential malware, as it's 'stealing' your keystrokes. In the world of malware, this is a HUGE warning sign, and it's better to block all attempts of this.

However, I doubt this one is bad, coming through giveawayoftheday. But I could be wrong.

Lexxon87 said: AV Active Scanners will always detect Keyloggers as potential malware, as it's 'stealing' your keystrokes. In the world of malware, this is a HUGE warning sign, and it's better to block all attempts of this.

This is unfortunately not true. There are plenty of rootkit based keyloggers out there right now, such as TDL3, that none of the commercial AV vendors can detect let alone remove. You can use a tool like BlackLight or GMER to try to detect the rootkit itself, but that doesn't work for many of the more advanced rootkits either. We were just working on one this week that was undetectable with any of our tools yet was sending traffic to known botnet command and control systems. The only way to truly know if you are compromised is to watch the network traffic very carefully.

The message to normal home users is this: don't think you are safe from having your passwords, banking information, etc captured just because you are running anti-virus. Keeping your system updated with Windows / third party patches at all times, as well as using a secondary tool for malware detection, are some of your best defenses.

Not convinced? Check out this article on the latest malware testing results with zero-day (brand new) attacks. These companies are only currently catching malware at about a 90% rate. That means it is only a matter of time until the average home machine becomes compromised...

All I have to do to be safe is unplug this ethernet thingy in the back of my compu..... <disconnected>

marpilli said: All I have to do to be safe is unplug this ethernet thingy in the back of my compu..... <disconnected>

Maybe it keeps a log and sends it in when connection is available

Ultimate Keylogger is an easy-to-use and professional monitoring solution. It monitors all activities on computer systems including applications, keyboard, passwords, clipboard, chat, email, and visited websites. To avoid tampering of the software, it features a unique file protection.

Ultimate Keylogger is completely undetectable. During monitoring sessions it will not be listed in the task manager. The software can be installed in less than five minutes and runs maintenance free. Ultimate Keylogger displays reports in web format or sends zip-compressed and encrypted activity reports invisibly via Email, FTP or network. Ultimate Keylogger has a password protected interface and hot-key combination for accessing the application. All recorded information is stored in an encrypted file. Ultimate Keylogger does not consume computer resources.

How's this much different than KeyLogger? Keylogger is much smaller. I did notice that Ultimate Keylogger can send emails, but besides that...it's basically the same.

I might put this on my laptop.

If the laptop ever gets stolen, and the thieves go online, then maybe the keylogger might send me an email - showing the IP address of where the laptop is at now.

Hmmm...

WOW. 1 star out 5 for every category listed. Pass.

Useful
Easy to install
Stable
User friendly
Feature rich
Reasonable price
Helpful documentation

Does anyone know how to keep a copy of the software from giveaway of the day so I can install it again at a later time?

suprgrl said: Does anyone know how to keep a copy of the software from giveaway of the day so I can install it again at a later time?

Depending on the s/w, you may or may not be able to get the serial number. I have managed to get this for a few things. Then note the version of s/w from here and see if u can download that. You should then have the s/w and serials to run it at a later date. Always best to test it though.

With regards to this software, a comment I saw makes me wonder that it might not be worth getting this.

The Bad
* Ultimate Keylogger opens an outbound connection to the developerís website every time I view my logs or screenshots. For what possible non-malicious reasons would the developer need to do this?

I knew a guy that put one of these on his wife's PC. He found out she was cheating on him and killed her... So much for a hot deal.

Bruceslog said: I might put this on my laptop.

If the laptop ever gets stolen, and the thieves go online, then maybe the keylogger might send me an email - showing the IP address of where the laptop is at now.

Hmmm...

who would go online with a stolen laptop? lol
they can just format the computer

What if it fall into the wrong hands? You may thought you uninstall it after it's gone weird but the modified version is still on your system. It could happen. You, yourself could just have install a potential trojan.

Why is this even a giveaway ... bad bad s/w

Red (sorry, OP) for a number of reasons:
- Who do you not trust that you would install this software? If it is an employee you don't trust - FIRE THEIR ASS. If it is a significant other you do not trust, I think you need to decide whether you want to be around them (or they you) if your trust level is so low;
- How much do you open yourself up to legal or ethical issues when installing this software? Do you tell anybody who jumps on your PC that you have this stuff installed?
- If it is for a kid's computer, you will be much better off putting their computer in an open location rather than letting them use it behind closed doors. And, if they are that untrustworthy behind closed doors, you have bigger issues than what sites they go to;
- What if somebody else gets a hold of the passwords/records on your computer? Will you be pissed at them for daring to know what you are doing?

zjustin2 said: Bruceslog said: I might put this on my laptop.

Hmmm...

who would go online with a stolen laptop? lol
they can just format the computer

The vast majority of people who steal laptops. Most thieves aren't smart enought to even think about wiping the system, especially since they don't have the idiot-proof restore disks.

Zuke76 said: I knew a guy that put one of these on his wife's PC. He found out she was cheating on him and killed her... So much for a hot deal.

He's got free rent, food, cable tv, and healthcare. I'll bet you're still paying for all that stuff.

He did get the hot deal!

PS...and if he lives in Texas he might get the electric chair. That's pretty hot too!

Lexxon87 said: However, I doubt this one is bad, coming through giveawayoftheday.

You joined fatwallet specifically to make this post? (joined 2min before the timestamp of his post) Wow, I'm DEFINITELY staying far far away from this.

1: Write a keylogger virus
2: Give it away for FREE as a legitimate software
3: ???
4: Profit!

Zuke76 said: I knew a guy that put one of these on his wife's PC. He found out she was cheating on him and killed her... So much for a hot deal.

I knew the guy's wife, she was HOT !

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014