LINK

LINK

More Info

You Tube

Save a extra 20% with coupon
thanks to sandiegosun for the coupon

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Geez... you guys get bent over in CA. The form should have a logo with guy grabbing his ankles.

No DOJ fee here and tra... (more)

Netropy (Mar. 14, 2010 @ 6:50p) |

So, I take it you haven't seen a recent form?

MaxMojo (Mar. 14, 2010 @ 7:35p) |

Well I'll be damned... it does! lmao

Netropy (Mar. 14, 2010 @ 7:49p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Its not on sale so it should be 20 % off (100.00)

ca0100000 said: Its not on sale so it should be 20 % off (100.00)

you may be right, but the in store price is like $699

$450 for a .22LR semi-auto? Do they kiss you after you buy it? No stinking .22LR is worth $450, even if if does look "bad."

Tac-ti-cool black .22lrs for 2x and 3x the price of a carbine Marlin or Ruger (and a good one, at that).

Only in America.

for someone that wants to train on the AR platform on the cheap and have a dedicated firearm this is a deal. The coupon will not work though. Bought this plinker last week. They have since decided that NO coupons are valid unless it specifically states firearms. YMMV with difference managers.

There are many drop in mods to quick change a real AR-15 and some knockoffs to .22LR in a few minutes...play cowboy and then remove it and go back to the heavy ammo. Same with pistols. I have a quick conversion for both
my Glock and my Sig. It all began with .22 conversions for .45 automatics back in the long ago days. I three
commercial Colts 1911Al and kept one quick change in place to shooting rats. Still have it...all parts marked
Colt.

I have a great respect for the Ruger Super Single Six (.22 and .22 Magnum) Merely swapping cylinders is a quick
change. I bought one of the very first models and it is still a lot of fun with Mag loads. Shoots a streak
of fire out that would scare anyone just seeing it.

$400 for what is being offered is wasted money in my book. by the way I see the 'modern Gatling guns' using
a pair of Ruger 10-22s are coming back. They use a crank thus meeting ATF rules. In the 70s a firm in Arizona
was making them and also a similar Gatling using a pair of Mini 14s. I kick myself for not spending the approx
$300 for their parts.

Haters, all of you. I want this thing.
Compare it to a other 22 LR packages, and what you get is a very close feel in everything but recoil and weight to an M-16/AR-15.
Is 400 too much for the thing? that all depends on the shooter, I guess. After six years in the Marine Corps, I love the feel of the M16/AR15. Why? because at this point it's instinctive. the reviews it's received have been great, and accuracy is great as well. If you want to plink with something that feels familiar to you, this may be a great purchase.

Have one of these and love it. Although I wish I would have waited for the "new" ones. From what I hear, they now come with magpul flip up sites and a flash hider.

If only I had the money, I would jump on this.

S&W makes great stuff! Most of the fun of an AR, but 90% cheaper to feed!

Guns are like cars, are like clothes, are like computers, are like homes, are likes hoes. They're not just a utilitarian tool that's all function, guns are works of art, and different art appeals to different individuals for different reasons.

If this doesn't appeal to you - don't buy it. I think we're all adults here, folks realize that they can by a Marlin .22 repeater for $160, or a Ruger for $250, or this for $400. I'm not buying one, my pennies are being saved up for a .223, but if I was flush with dimes I wouldn't mind one of these - I think they look cool and would be a blast to plink around with. Although I'd probably buy a drop in .22 conversion for the AR first.

A good thing about guns is that they do a pretty good job of holding their value, so oyu can't go too far wrong.

But in the end buy whatever puts a trigger under your finger and a smile on your face.

ca0100000 said: Its not on sale so it should be 20 % off (100.00)
People need to try to call and get details, It is on sale. The $499.99 is good thru March 15th.
Only 10% coupon would apply if they accept it.

Read up on this gun there have been all kinds of problems with this, on a good note S&W has been fixing them, but frustrating since you spent $400-500 on something that breaks.

$450 is not too much for this .22LR rifle. As others have stated, sometimes you want something that mirrors your full-power rifle but allows you to practice for MUCH cheaper.

As for the drop-in kits that let you shoot .22lr in a .223 AR, I have one, and wouldn't buy it again. They aren't anywhere near as accurate as having a dedicated .22lr barrel. Also, if you want to use a silencer, then you risk baffle strikes because the round is most likely not going to be stabilized when it exits the barrel (a .223 barrel will have the wrong rate of twist to stabilize most .22LR rounds).

RKBA said: $450 is not too much for this .22LR rifle. As others have stated, sometimes you want something that mirrors your full-power rifle but allows you to practice for MUCH cheaper.

As for the drop-in kits that let you shoot .22lr in a .223 AR, I have one, and wouldn't buy it again. They aren't anywhere near as accurate as having a dedicated .22lr barrel. Also, if you want to use a silencer, then you risk baffle strikes because the round is most likely not going to be stabilized when it exits the barrel (a .223 barrel will have the wrong rate of twist to stabilize most .22LR rounds).

Not shooting 60 gr subsonics.

Not shooting 60 gr subsonics.

and your target is like 50 feet away

kevins7189 said: Not shooting 60 gr subsonics.

and your target is like 50 feet away

its not a tack driver, but it will hit large things that so "smack" 50 yds (not feet) away

Just got back from Big 5

Price $499.99
Coupon 20% Off
$399.99
Tax California $35

Total $434.99

+ $25 DOJ California Department of Justice Fee

slappyhooper said: Haters, all of you. I want this thing.

ROTFLMAO !!

I have one of those kits called the Calico. I bought it many years ago and never put it together.Text

Classic Arms has the Colt M4 in .22lr for $550. I know it's $150 more, but for the accessories and Colt name, I'd rather have the Colt.

I'd love to have a .22lr AR15.

wow usually the coupon excludes firearms

cougar694u said: Classic Arms has the Colt M4 in .22lr for $550. I know it's $150 more, but for the accessories and Colt name, I'd rather have the Colt.

The Colt isn't a Colt. Cold licensed the name and the namesake isn't the same quality as the S&W.

Butcherboy said: Just got back from Big 5

Price $499.99
Coupon 20% Off
$399.99
Tax California $35

Total $434.99

Depends on how cool your local big 5 manager is. Went to a couple of Big5's... most of them said it cant be used unless it specifically states good on firearms because firearms sales are considered separate from the rest of the store (I say BS but what can you do). Which one did you go to?

sholling said: cougar694u said: Classic Arms has the Colt M4 in .22lr for $550. I know it's $150 more, but for the accessories and Colt name, I'd rather have the Colt.

The Colt isn't a Colt. Cold licensed the name and the namesake isn't the same quality as the S&W.

The "Colt M4" is made by Umarex and is in no way like an AR except for looks. The SW is internally very similar to the AR. And no... you cannot mount an AR upper to this gun.

tsunami982 said: Butcherboy said: Just got back from Big 5

Price $499.99
Coupon 20% Off
$399.99
Tax California $35

Total $434.99

Depends on how cool your local big 5 manager is. Went to a couple of Big5's... most of them said it cant be used unless it specifically states good on firearms because firearms sales are considered separate from the rest of the store (I say BS but what can you do). Which one did you go to?

Store manager did not blink a eye when I pulled out the coupon.
He bent over backwards to make the sale.........Nice Guy....
I ordered the S/W M&P 15-22 for $399.99 + Tax after the 20% off coupon
Big 5 coupons in the past excluded firearms & ammo , license Fees & gift cards. This one only excluded gift cards and license Fees....

Just saw that Buds has the "compliant" version of these for sale in CT, MA, MD, NJ and NY for $417 delivered which is probably about the same after taxes as this deal and works for people in those states and/or without a Big 5.

I'd guess that the "compliant" features are a fixed stock and 10 round mag.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/763/products_id/60750

Netropy said: Just saw that Buds has the "compliant" version of these for sale in CT, MA, MD, NJ and NY for $417 delivered which is probably about the same after taxes as this deal and works for people in those states and/or without a Big 5.

I'd guess that the "compliant" features are a fixed stock and 10 round mag.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/763/pr...

I saw that, But you have to have it sent to a FFL dealer
Here in California FFL Dealer want a fee of $50 + DOJ fee

So for me Buds price
BUDS $417 + FFL $50 + DOJ $25 = $492
Big 5 $399.99 + Tax $35 + $25 DOJ = $459.99

For Buds to Beat Big 5 out the door price in California You will have to find a FFL fee of under $18
I am in Nor/Cal can some one please find me a FFL for $18....

Geez... you guys get bent over in CA. The form should have a logo with guy grabbing his ankles.

No DOJ fee here and transfers are $25 at the shop that I use. Was $15 until this year when the owner changed.

Firearm transfer form - CA approved
Disclaimer
Netropy said: Geez... you guys get bent over in CA. The form should have a logo with guy grabbing his ankles.

No DOJ fee here and transfers are $25 at the shop that I use. Was $15 until this year when the owner changed.

MaxMojo said: Netropy said: Geez... you guys get bent over in CA. The form should have a logo with guy grabbing his ankles.

Well I'll be damned... it does! lmao

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014