Adorama: FWCB Main Page vs Coupon...

Archived From: FatWallet
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I'm posting this here, instead of via a PM, because I feel that this topic may be of interest to the FW Community.

I found this Adorama Hot Deal on a PogoPlug Classic for $18.99 w/FREE SHIPPING (on SD ). When I checked FW "Cash Back Stores", Adorama had both a MAIN PAGE LINK and a 'Coupon' PogoPlug Classic LINK. When I CLICKed on the 'Coupon', it took me directly to the $18.99 page but didn't create a CLICK History entry. When I CLICKed on the MAIN LINK, it took me directly to the Adorama Home Page, created a CLICK History entry, but when I entered PogoPlug into the SEARCH Box all it brought up were $24.99 versions (of the same previously $18.99 versions).

I went back and read the "Adorama FWCB Details" and didn't see any exclusions so I'm asking *WHY* didn't the "$18.99 Coupon LINK" create a CLICK History entry and will I get FWCB for buying this item via the "$18.99 Coupon LINK"? And, if NOT, why?

Thanks!

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thank you for your feedback TakeTheActive. There are a couple of things at work here. I took a look at our Adorama coupons page and found the link for Pogoplug. I think the reason a click history did not show up when clicking from there is because it appears to be in the subsection "Adorama Deals from Our Forums." Since these deals are shared by our members, the links may not be formatted to adequately allow Cash Back tracking (also watch for the circular green dollar symbol to recognize which links track Cash Back). So, to have a chance at Cash Back it is good practice to use the main Adorama link and search the product, as you attempted.

The second thing is the product listing itself. I searched for PogoPlug on Adorama and was only finding the $24.99 price as well. So I looked at the links and appears that the PogoPlug for $18 is a promotional price that actually cannot be searched using their website's finder. Unfortunately, for this unique product listing, Cash Back tracking was probably unable to follow you.

I hope this helps explain why the coupon didn't link. Thank you again for pointing this out. We'll see if others have anything else to contribute.

Cash Back Symbol
Disclaimer
circular green dollar symbol (Cash Back Symbol)

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014