• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:

bug (2.39kB)
Disclaimer
#1 : PM sign is not aligned properly in IE8

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I see the FORUMS tab now has the drop-down list ... but I don't think my suggestion was fully understood.

The dropdown no... (more)

ShadowedBlade (Nov. 16, 2012 @ 3:05p) |

I understood. I think you and I are seen as "edge cases" wanting quick access to all those forums.
Could it still happ... (more)

footn200 (Nov. 18, 2012 @ 8:28p) |

Thanks. Like I said, I don't see the purpose of having my favorites listed via drop-down ... when they are on the scree... (more)

ShadowedBlade (Nov. 20, 2012 @ 11:33a) |

#2 : Talk about a complete lack of color...

The biggest thing that bugs me is the 'Cash Back' menu that keeps popping down, when I try to click important links.

The new menu bar hurts my eyes. Seriously, it causes them pain. Now I understand the term "eyesore". It feels really amateur. Also, the style that they were going after is also a bit dated.

KayK said:   #2 : Talk about a complete lack of color...

Thanks KayK, that page should look better now!

voidpointer said:   KayK said:   #2 : Talk about a complete lack of color...

Thanks KayK, that page should look better now!

Green to mods/developers for considering feedback.

riznick said:   The new menu bar hurts my eyes. Seriously, it causes them pain. Now I understand the term "eyesore". It feels really amateur. Also, the style that they were going after is also a bit dated.

Ditto.

Not a fan of telling me to bookmark a new page. I like just a list of hot deals. I don't want % off from stores on the page. Thanks

The red "New" tag on the local deals is contributing to the eye strain.

From Microsoft:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/powerpoint-help/combining-colo...
Red and Green Color Combinations also Cause Eye Strain

I have a strong feeling that my red-green colorblindness contributes to the discomfort in my eyes that the menubar causes my eyes when looking at forums. It might bother me more than someone else. A pretty large percentage of men have a form of colorblindness.

IMO, this is pretty serious. If I was a first time user, I would run away from this site. Causing discomfort to your users is the opposite of what you are trying to accomplish.

note:
The red on green rule isn't without exceptions, however it pretty much is a big no-no when you are using very rich colors.

Option to revert to the old style, which worked without a hitch.

junkdealer said:   Not a fan of telling me to bookmark a new page. I like just a list of hot deals. I don't want % off from stores on the page. ThanksThanks for the feedback, junkdealer. We thought it best to display all Best Deals on the homepage instead of home and a separate page. That's why the url is different.

As to the % OFF offers, they're the same coupons, sales, and deals as always in Best Deals; we just display department and storewide sales as store logo and % or $ OFF now, rather than a product image that may not represent the sale. So ...they're the same deals they've always been, chosen by the same folks with the same criteria. But they're displayed differently (more clearly?) now.

IF you only want to see product deals, this would be a great place to see the most popular: http://www.fatwallet.com/product-deals/ Clicking "Product Deals" will get you to that page.

riznick said:   The red "New" tag on the local deals is contributing to the eye strain.

From Microsoft:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/powerpoint-help/combining-colo...
Red and Green Color Combinations also Cause Eye Strain

I have a strong feeling that my red-green colorblindness contributes to the discomfort in my eyes that the menubar causes my eyes when looking at forums. It might bother me more than someone else. A pretty large percentage of men have a form of colorblindness.

IMO, this is pretty serious. If I was a first time user, I would run away from this site. Causing discomfort to your users is the opposite of what you are trying to accomplish.

note:
The red on green rule isn't without exceptions, however it pretty much is a big no-no when you are using very rich colors.
Noted, we'll look at other options. Thanks

I miss the link to "My Cash Back" in the CB drop down menu.

Not really a bug ... but if FW is going to stick with the drop-down menus for Cash Back Stores and the Local "Deals" tabs ... why not put all of the forums in a drop-down off of the FORUMS tab?

Since you max the "favorite" links bar to 7 items, this would be a welcomed addition (it has always been a pain to have to click FORUMS to see those I don't have room for on the favorite links bar because of the limitation - not because of my monitor size ...).

Thanks for suggestions on the dropdowns; we'll get on those soon.

Clicking on the FW logo (upper LH corner) should always take you back to the home page.

No consistency in dropdowns across the menu bar.

Popups on adscans obscure way too much. The 'Avery-label' look is bogus.

For a site that lives by the UI, this is a mess. Someone new must be running the show. Never had these issues over the past 10 years. Find that person, give them a broom and maybe they can do something useful.

Clicking on FW logo (upper LH corner) does always take you back to home page ...doesn't it?

We have design/development requests in to address dropdown inconsistency ...hoping to see the improvement there soon.

Popups on adscans ...I have a couple ideas to improve that experience. What are yours?

footn200 said:   Clicking on FW logo (upper LH corner) does always take you back to home page ...doesn't it?

Negative (on two different computers)

Seriously, messing with a consumer site during the run-up to xmas is dumb. Especially one that has a proven track record.

That alone should get the person(s) responsible fired.

If it came from the top (PMG), then tell the Stanford/Hahvahd/etc Einsteins to take a basic web class at their local community college.

This isn't rocket surgery. To see some of the current mucking about is, to be honest, a little embarrassing.

Hope you don't take this the wrong way, but if this was my company, a bunch of people would be out the door.

There are people there (or at least there used to be) that could make this site run smooth as heck. If they are still around, they should be running the show.

If not, then you are going the way of so many other companies that slowly decay into mediocrity.

Over the past days I've been poking around Searchalldeals and the sites they aggregate from, and they are nothing great.

This may be a case of FW not being great, but just better than the rest. The current changes are heading in the wrong direction.

Wish y'all the best, hope you take the critique in the right way. In my company, we thrash things out before they go public.

YMMV.

Looks like the FW logo click isn't working in older browsers. We'll get on that.

footn200 said:   Looks like the FW logo click isn't working in older browsers. We'll get on that.I got IE 9 and it doesn't work when I in any /forum/

Thanks, we'll get on that too!

Updates...
- Red [NEW] tag is now very rarely seen next to Local Deals tab.
- Popups in Black Friday Deal Finder are much smaller now.
- FW logo should return you to homepage from all pages in all browsers.
- Dropdowns from main nav will be adjusted soon and include suggestions made here.

As always, we appreciate you making us better. Thank you!

a

Thanks KayK

I see the FORUMS tab now has the drop-down list ... but I don't think my suggestion was fully understood.

The dropdown now has all my favorites in it (the sames ones that go across the top of the screen) and an extra "ALL FORUMS" link. This still requires me to go to the main Forums page to access forums that are not in my favorites.

What I was suggesting was that the drop-down on the FORUMS tab either show ALL the forum names or at least those that are NOT in my favorites that already appear at the top of the screen.

All the new drop-down does is replicate my favories that I already have access to, so it really serves no purporse. And I still need extra clicks to see forums not in my favorites ...

I understood. I think you and I are seen as "edge cases" wanting quick access to all those forums.
Could it still happen? Yeah, just didn't make the cut this time.

footn200 said:   I understood. I think you and I are seen as "edge cases" wanting quick access to all those forums.
Could it still happen? Yeah, just didn't make the cut this time.

Thanks. Like I said, I don't see the purpose of having my favorites listed via drop-down ... when they are on the screen already. LOL.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014