IE8 freezing dead

Archived From: FatWallet
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Since the new design IE8 freezes dead when I click on "Cash Back Stores" link.

Works fine with Firefox.

I think I am viewing things in classic mode High Contrast Black so I see no change in colors which is good.

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

JiggleTheHandle said:   Since the new design IE8 freezes dead when I click on "Cash Back Stores" link.

Works fine with Firefox.

I think I am viewing things in classic mode High Contrast Black so I see no change in colors which is good.

Also crashed my IE 8 today ...

Thanks for letting us know! We're looking into it.

Still doing it. Click on "$Cash Back Stores" and every window of IE8 freezes and in task manager all IE8 windows = "Not Responding"

Still doing it. Clicking on "Cash Back STORES" and IE goes dead, dead, dead.

Thanks for the update, and apologies for the bad experience. We're upping priority of the request to get that resolved.

JiggleTheHandle said:   Still doing it. Clicking on "Cash Back STORES" and IE goes dead, dead, dead.We made some changes. Could you please check again and see if it works for you?

I went to the page just now as a test and notice the same AND I HAVE SCRIPTING DISABLED!! (I cant imagine what it would be like going to that page WITH SCRIPTS)

Im on IE6 (Using MyIE2 (IE wrapper)) and when i goto the link it freezes for about 30 seconds or longer THEN IT FINALLY DISPLAYS!!!! -- Its a nice looking page,i like the layout but MAN GETTING TO IT IS HARD!! (@ least on IE it seems)

What happens if you guys on IE8 goto that page WITH SCRIPTING DISABLED,do you still get a long freeze before the page shows?? (Its like it takes along time for IE browsers to load stuff on that page i dont know)

Dude111 said:   I went to the page just now as a test and notice the same AND I HAVE SCRIPTING DISABLED!! (I cant imagine what it would be like going to that page WITH SCRIPTS)

Im on IE6 (Using MyIE2 (IE wrapper)) and when i goto the link it freezes for about 30 seconds or longer THEN IT FINALLY DISPLAYS!!!! -- Its a nice looking page,i like the layout but MAN GETTING TO IT IS HARD!! (@ least on IE it seems)

What happens if you guys on IE8 goto that page WITH SCRIPTING DISABLED,do you still get a long freeze before the page shows?? (Its like it takes along time for IE browsers to load stuff on that page i dont know)

Well, using a browser that old it doesn't really surprise me that you're having problems with the page. Unfortunately, we don't support IE6, and maybe not IE7 either (if not, then soon-ish).

Besides us not supporting it, you should really look into using an up to date browser simply for the enhanced security it would provide.

Well it seems all version of IE have trouble loading it from the looks on this thread..

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014