Black Friday Filter: Useless?

Archived From: FatWallet
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I'm not sure the usefulness of the Black Friday Filter.

I have made a filter to include stores of interest in my area, narrowing items to 3869.
But when I make a search (such as TV's) on this page, it produces results from ALL stores. Shouldn't my filter narrow the options...

Thanks.

Member Summary

So you're setting a filter then hoping to search only that result set, not the entire set of offers ...right?

I don't think they're connected that way. I'd try staying in the Filter area rather than mixing in a search. So once you have your stores checked/saved, you could then 'check' Televisions to see TV offers at those stores. (I think they're de-bugging some things with both search and filters today ...but you should be able to narrow from stores, to categories, to subcategories, to brands, prices, etc... in the Filters area.)
Hope that'll work for ya!

"So you're setting a filter then hoping to search only that result set, not the entire set of offers ...right?" ---Yes.

There is also a button to 'edit' my filter. But the only choices I see is: Rename or delete (???)

I also think the filtering process is 'sluggish' (need to click each store, but wait for page to update, then click another store....). Maybe an 'update' button to update the filter so several choices can be made before a refresh?

But I think I found the trick: Narrow the stores -> Narrow other categories -> Save ; Then deselect the categories -> narrow new categories -> Save ....
Problem is, if i come back tomorrow, I will have to narrow the stores again.

Thanks

You bring up some good usability points; we certainly have room to improve.
Keep the feedback coming, and we'll keep making adjustments (though some will have to wait for next year).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014