• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Anyone else having problems actually using the filters? For example if you pick appliances you will get 11 pages of results. However I only want to look at Washers and Dryers. So I select those two from the sub-categories filters. Nothing happens. The number of pages of results is still 11. The first item shown is actually a vacuum cleaner and the rest of the page is littered with ovens, freezers and fridges. I tried the same thing with the tablets sub category of electronics and had the same problem. It appears the sub-category does not work at all. Has anyone gotten this filter to work? What I would do for Akelnat's simple spreadsheet. At least excel filters work properly.

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Not sure if this is exactly the same issue or not but it seems like it may be...There's a related discussion here

That thread is talking about mixing searches and filters together. I'm simply trying to use the filters provided by the tool which don't appear to work at the sub-category level.

I'm seeing the same thing, and submitted a bug report yesterday that hasn't been addressed yet. Hoping very soon!

Thanks Steve. I think the tool will be extremely useful once that filter is working correctly.

I PM'd logician about this a couple of days ago and never heard anything back.

This should be fixed. Can you take a glance and see if it's working as you'd expect?

Thanks!

Ran the same two tests for washers and tablets and both were successful. Looks great. Thanks so much for the help.

Fantastic! Thanks for using the tool!

C320 said:   I PM'd logician about this a couple of days ago and never heard anything back.

Hey C320, it appears to be working now. When I search "computer accessories" and then "printer" as the sub category it is only showing printers and ink now (which shows up here because there is not printer>accessories category).

Logician1313 said:   C320 said:   I PM'd logician about this a couple of days ago and never heard anything back.

Hey C320, it appears to be working now. When I search "computer accessories" and then "printer" as the sub category it is only showing printers and ink now (which shows up here because there is not printer>accessories category).

That worked, but now I found another one

Went looking for small kitchen appliances under house hold items, toasters, can openers, etc. for under $10. Several $1000+ kitchen appliances were included in that listing.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.