Cashback Shopping on Android

Archived From: FatWallet
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Is there a browser on android that will let you click on the CashBack? I keep getting errors when it gets to the redirect.

So far I've tried Chrome, Dolphins, Firefox Android, and a bunch of the top downloaded app.

Member Summary

redirect error
Thanks huh916
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Hi huh916,

Could you let us know what Android version you are using? Also, a couple of the store names you're trying that's causing this problem?

Also, if you are using an antivirus program, that could be the culprit.

I ask, because I'm able to click through my droid without any issues using the standard browser that came on it.

Never realize it could have been the CashBack store itself. Looks like that might be the case. I tested with another store and it went fine. The one I am currently having issues with was Adorama.

I'm using the Galaxy Note running a custom ICS rom.

I just test it again with CowBoom and Virgin Mobile using Android Chrome. They both had issues.

I just tried Adorama, CowBoom, and Virgin Mobile on a MyTouch 4g Slide running Gingerbread (2.3.4), and hawpi tested it on ICS (4.04). All the links worked great for us. I'm guessing it's something to do with your custom rom, but I can't say that for sure.

Figured it out. My custom rom had adblocker built in.

Ah, yeah, that could certainly cause issues. Were you able to disable it and get it to work correctly, or did you need to go back to a stock rom?

I was able to disable and everything worked fine afterwards. The rom just had it enabled as default. Hopefully this can help someone else.

Thanks for coming back and updating! Hopefully it will indeed help someone else.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014