• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
in the past, i have successfully saved 12.5% on StraightTalk going through fatwallet, but for the last 3 days, i have tried to put an order through and each time i get an error telling me there is a problem with my credit card authorization. i have spent HOURS on the phone with Straight Talk after talking to my bank (tried a different card also) who tells me that they keep approving these charges. i have tried using both aol and internet explorer with the same negative results on my windows vista computer. i get through to the ST site fine it is just at the final order page that i get the error.

now that the CashBack is up to 13.5%, i certainly want to take advantage of it. i would appreciate any ideas. thanks

Member Summary

Hey remmymom!

Thanks for your question. I don't no how this slipped by us for so long. You may have found an answer already but I figure I would share what I found.
I discovered some comments under this Straight Talk offer that indicate others are having similar credit card issues. One person mentions that changing cards fixed the issue. If you have an alternate credit card then you may be able to get past the authorization problem.

I should mention that the FatWallet page for Straight Talk states under "Cash Back Details" that "Cash Back not available on the purchase or renewal of airtime, service plans, or items purchased through the my account section."
It looks like this was updated in October last year (a little less than a month before your question). So Cash Back might not be available as it was in the past.

I've also notified some other members of our team about your question so see if they have anything further to contribute.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014