FW Is Just A Scam!

Archived From: FatWallet
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
rated:
Why are so many people excited about deals that don't even exist? Most of the Black Friday sales listed here were fakes and the stores I checked didn't even have the items advertised. Then there are all the phony Cash Back ads! How does FW get away with sending me emails claiming there is Cash Back from every store when there is no such thing?

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
FW is definitely NOT a scam. I have received over $700 in CashBack from them.

cruisencode (Jan. 17, 2013 @ 8:55p) |

ouch

substitut3 (Jan. 23, 2013 @ 3:37a) |

Lol noob

PitPirate (Jan. 26, 2013 @ 11:34a) |

i never had a problem with any of the deals i've received from here. and i've gotten plenty

PEBKAC

I've yet to see a single deal that was real and I know Sears is not giving 7% Cash Back, there is no such thing!

if you're having a problem, you should post in FWFW

It looks like the merchants are paying FW to post the phony ads to send shoppers to the merchants sites but when you get there you won't find any special deals and might buy something else but shoppers can't blame the merchants since it was a FW ad that sent them to the site, not the merchant's ad. Then after a few months they will forget about the fake Cash Back offer too.

Wrong.

Read the CashBack rules, they might help you understand how it works.

There is CashBack. I've gotten it.

i come here for the girls

FWFW? Well all the Black Friday and Cyber Monday ads were offering fake merchandise the merchants didn't even stock. Probably too late to fix that but there might be a way to stop FW from posting so many fake ads next year but I doubt it.

soundtechie, you posted a link to my previous comment about black friday sales being fraudlent?

stevec5000 said:   FWFW? Well all the Black Friday and Cyber Monday ads were offering fake merchandise the merchants didn't even stock. Probably too late to fix that but there might be a way to stop FW from posting so many fake ads next year but I doubt it.
FW should have iron fisted control over Amazon and all merchants!

Actually I think FW should go away and quit bothering everyone with their fake ads! I clicked on the 3% Cash Back at WalMart and went there to look at some items but there's nothing there at all about Cash Back or how to get it!

stevec5000 said:   Actually I think FW should go away and quit bothering everyone with their fake ads! I clicked on the 3% Cash Back at WalMart and went there to look at some items but there's nothing there at all about Cash Back or how to get it!Read through all this before using more exclamation points!

stevec5000 said:   Actually I think FW should go away and quit bothering everyone with their fake ads! I clicked on the 3% Cash Back at WalMart and went there to look at some items but there's nothing there at all about Cash Back or how to get it!

Perhaps this will help

stevec5000 said:   Actually I think FW should go away and quit bothering everyone with their fake ads! I clicked on the 3% Cash Back at WalMart and went there to look at some items but there's nothing there at all about Cash Back or how to get it!yeah, we all got Cash Back and some of us often do, but you can't figure it out so something is wrong with the site

Its really not as complicated as it may seem. You start here, click through to WalMart, Sears, whoever...Make your purchase. Behind the scenes WalMart, Sears, Whoever, sees that FW referred you to them and they pay us a commission for referring the sale. We then share that commission with you. That's called 'CashBack'.

The CashBack FAQ's are really quite helpful in explaining this. You can respond here or to the email I sent you if you have more questions after reading through that.

be nice

if you need ppl to be nice, maybe you should post that in FWFW

SilverII said:   i come here for the girls but really COME for Corgs..

ahem.........

I heard they don't even make members post in the correct forum - deplorable!

I heard hamsters power their servers.

KayK said:   I heard hamsters power their servers.

I remember when a former favorite site of mine was down for the day it turned out a Alpaca had unplugged a server. That was funny.

BMWLVR82 said:   be nice ?!

My mother told me if I can't say something nice that I shouldn't say anything at all.

stevec5000 said:   soundtechie, you posted a link to my previous comment about black friday sales being fraudlent?

Low-hanging fruit and all that.........

Actually, my rather quick searching here on FW reveals that he linked to the only other thread that it seems you've posted in. You've been a member here since August of 2010, and in those 2+ years you've managed to post in exactly two threads where all you do is complain about this forum. HorB found three other sites around the web where a user with your same username has come to a forum with little to contribute but negativity and rudeness. This seems to be a recurring theme.

As an aside, FW CashBack works just fine. I don't use it often, but it's always worked when I have. Like everything else in the world, you just have to know how to use it.

KayK said:   I heard hamsters power their servers.
Don't tell PETA!

stevec5000 said:   ... Actually I think FW should go away and quit bothering everyone with their fake ads! ....

you are like a chick that shows up on the ex-bf's porch and yells at him to stop bothering her

meanwhile the ex is inside already busy working on something else

dude, nobody cares

stevec5000 said:   Actually I think FW should go away and quit bothering everyone with their fake ads! I clicked on the 3% Cash Back at WalMart and went there to look at some items but there's nothing there at all about Cash Back or how to get it!

you don't get it in the cart, you get it after fatwallet has been paid for you buying and checking out.

read this link

FrugalFreak said:   stevec5000 said:   Actually I think FW should go away and quit bothering everyone with their fake ads! I clicked on the 3% Cash Back at WalMart and went there to look at some items but there's nothing there at all about Cash Back or how to get it!

you don't get it in the cart, you get it after fatwallet has been paid for you buying and checking out.

read this link

Methinks asking this one to read and understand something is akin to asking a monkey to stop throwing it's own feces. You can ask until you're blue in the face, but it's not likely to accomplish much.

stevec5000 said:   How does FW get away with sending me emails claiming there is Cash Back from every store when there is no such thing?
Are you Jane George? If so, the pills are working because you're much more calm and rational than usual.

WTF? Black Friday was over a month ago. Have you been simmering in righteous indignation all month, or did you yesterday try to score BF deals a month after they ended?

All your Cash Back are belong to us

Sadly you all do not recognize a troll when you see one. This guy is messing with you all.

Geez

chocula said:   Sadly you all do not recognize a troll when you see one. This guy is messing with you all.

Geez

I'M NOT TROLLING, THIS IS FOR REAL!

Oops wrong account

I got a "FatWallet Click Follow-Ups" email saying: "We're sending this email to be sure you get all the Cash Back you're eligible for."
However, there's no such thing as Cash Back, it's a total fraud! I purchased 2 TV's from WalMart but there is no provision for Cash Back so why do they keep promoting it since it doesn't exist? Or sending me these silly emails about it?

Skipping 8 Messages...
Lol noob

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014