quick summary question

Archived From: FatWallet
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I was editing/updating the QS in my filler thread in deal discussion and encountered "Your message is awaiting approval. A moderator will review within a few minutes."

is there something in the edit that causes the message to show up? I'm curious if there are certain things that cause that message to show/pop up. I often edit the QS for Office Depot coupons and Newegg FAR threads and have not encountered that message before (and I'm very thankful for that)

what can I do to avoid the message and the pausing in my editing? (I then need to wait for maybe 15 seconds before refreshing to see if it came out the way I wanted the update to) I try to avoid "preview" because the greenness of the preview makes me a little unsure about what's "quoted" or what...(yes, i know that's my problem, so I'm just wondering if there's a way I can just avoid encountering the message)

Thank you in advance for answering my question. I tried searching, but there were only 2 threads that mentioned anything about QS in this forum.

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I'll play with it and see if I can figure out what can be done. Hang tight.

I think I figured it out. Try it now. Also, you have PM.

I have gotten that message the last 3 times I have edited a quick summary (different threads).

There were seemingly no "trigger" words in what I wrote, so I wondered if that was the new policy now....

I don't mind it personally, but I can see how it would be a drag for folks like you who edit the same quick summaries frequently!

Afaik, the policy hasn't changed. Can you tell me which ones? I'll look and see if I can figure out what happened.

this is one: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1051269/

I remember thinking that it was strange that my edit went to the moderator for review, when all I did was add a little note about the restaurant Ruby Tuesday's birthday offer.

Not sure about the others - they were in that same week.

NantucketSunrise said:   this is one: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1051269/

I remember thinking that it was strange that my edit went to the moderator for review, when all I did was add a little note about the restaurant Ruby Tuesday's birthday offer.

Not sure about the others - they were in that same week.

Unfortunately the way that works is that it scans everything in the post you edit, not just what you've added. With a quick summary that huge, there is probably something besides what you added that triggered the filter.

That makes sense that something in that terribly messy QS would have been a trigger-word!

However, the first time a quick summary edit of mine was sent to the moderators that week, I think I was the first person to put anything in that quick summary (so it had no other content in it), and what I wrote seemed pretty benign to me, and I wondered if I was on some kind of probation in terms of editing stuff since I'd largely been away from this website for 2 years. I don't remember what thread it was.

I don't personally mind if this happens, though - I don't spend much time in quick summaries, and it's fine with me if something is checked by the powers that be.

Coincidentally, my post preceding this one by 1 minute was sent to the moderators for approval! And there was nothing incendiary in it, that I could see. ?

Everything in this thread needs approval LOL

NantucketSunrise said:   Coincidentally, my post preceding this one by 1 minute was sent to the moderators for approval! And there was nothing incendiary in it, that I could see. ?

I'm checking into why so much stuff is hitting the queue, but I think it has to do with a series of spamming trolls we ran into.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.