• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I learned from a thread below this one that this is the only way to see the messages/posts/threads that you have written on FW:

"To get there yourself, from the tombstone, click recent messages then in the upper right click "See this in our site search" then on the lower left change "Active Topics" to "Archived Topics". Active and archived posts are separate, so you can't get them all in one search."

However, it seems quite awkward to have to find one's "tombstone", which requires one to find a thread one has posted on first. (As far as I know this is the only way to get to one's "tombstone"...?)

So why not make a link from the member's image/screenname that is at the top of every FW page to the tombstone? A short cut. Wouldn't that be pretty easy?

Instinctively, that's what I kept trying to click on when I was trying to find my posting history.

=====
the earlier thread that I refer to:
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/fatwallet/1234839/

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Good thought. I'll make sure others see your suggestion. Thanks!

Nantucket, you can also save the searches on your account for quick access. Follow the tombstone direction, get over to the site search, and on the lower left under Search Tools you can choose to "Save This Search". The archived and active topic searches are separate so you would need to grab both, but y saving them, you can access both on the fly by going to My Account from the header, then heading to Tools and Alerts. If you click the View/Edit button, you'll have an option to change your saved searches and you can also trigger any of your saved searches from right here as well.

Thank you TLaxson. It does sound a bit like travelling from Indy to Chicago by going via Memphis, but I appreciate the instructions.

--
I don't really check out my own posts/threads that often - it's just that I had not been around FW for a couple of years and recently I decided to stop back by, and I was trying to find what I'd written before in order to pull it into some new posts I was composing on new threads that were about about some of the same subjects that perennially come up here.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014