Issue when using the link button

Archived From: FatWallet
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
This happens in Firefox. I can't repeat it in this post, but I was able to repeat it in a "reply" on a hot deals post.

In Firefox,
1. Click reply on a Hot Deals post
2. Copy the URL onto your clipboard
3. Type a word
4. Select the word you just typed.
5. Click the "link" button (above).
6. Paste the URL (ctrl+v) and hit enter
7. It will show the text you highlighted, hit enter again

PROBLEM 1: It now asks you to provide the URL again. It then asks you to give it a label again.
8. Paste the URL (ctrl+v) and hit enter
9. It will show "TEXT", hit enter again

PROBLEM 2: You now have a messed up link

The process should stop after step 7, but sometimes it asks you for the info a second time.

Member Summary

I sent in a notification about your topic. Thanks for the feedback.
In the mean time you can hit cancel when you are prompted for the url the second time and your link will appear correctly.

riznick said:   This happens in Firefox...

In Firefox,
  1. Click reply on a Hot Deals post
  2. Copy the URL onto your clipboard
  3. Type a word
  4. Select the word you just typed.
  5. Click the "link" button (above).
  6. Paste the URL (ctrl+v) and hit enter
  7. It will show the text you highlighted, hit enter again

It sounds like you're trying to create a FW LINK (i.e. {L=Text}URL=yyy{/L} ) to post in your reply. What version of Firefox are you using?

I'm at '86% Commit Charge' in IE8 right now, but, asap after I RESET Vista, I'll try to give you the name of the Plug-In in Firefox that I've been using since 1.?.?.12 to create a FuseTalk LINK (Option 2).

Yeah, I know that the FW Staff says this IS NOT FuseTalk any more, but, the LINK format remains the same and it's MUCH easier than the multiple steps that you're currently going through.

Hey TakeTheActive,

What riznick is describing is a bug, but folks might like to use your way, feel free to post it here for others to use

This should be fixed (as of a couple days ago). Thanks for sharing!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014