• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
rated:

We are pleased to announce the winner of the 2013 Black Friday T-Shirt Design contest!

***Drumroll please***

Congratulations to arrnanixtreme, who won the contest with 16% of the votes! In the closet voting in years, arrnanixtreme won by 4 votes!

Want a Free Black Friday 2013 T-Shirt?

Don't worry if you missed the deadline to submit a design into our t-shirt contest because you can still get a free 2013 Black Friday T-Shirt! Post a Hot Deal that gets green in 24 hours and we'll give you one! Check out our Post a Hot Deal Get a Free T-Shirt for details! 

"Tell them what they've won, Heather" ( said in mvp9596's best booming announcer's voice )

• A box of FatWallet premium schwag
  • The coveted 2013 Ding Ding Winner's badge and all the bragging rights that come with it!
  • 12 Black Friday 2013 Black Friday T-Shirts with your crazy awesome winning design that you can give to others!
  • 50 Virtual High-Fives from FatWallet employees!
  • A gift card loaded with $500 to spend at your favorite FatWallet store! (I'll be PM'ing you later today!)

We're all super excited for you, arrnanixtreme! Enjoy your prizes and bragging rights!

Well done! 

We'd also like to extend a big congratulations to all the designs that made it into the final voting round!

kimgkimg

16% of the votes

(tie with EdithPiaf)

EdithPiaf

16% of the votes

(tie with kimgkimg)

AJR

14% of the votes

DebbiL

12% of the votes

FrugalFreak

8% of the votes

kjl1977

8% of the votes

kaylac84

7% of the votes

Kariput

4% of the votes

WooHoo! To Our Lucky Gift Card Winners!

Those that entered a qualifying T-Shirt design also got entered into a drawing for a $50 gift card to their favorite FatWallet merchant. Congrats to this year's winners!!

(I'll be PM'ing each of you later today!)

1. pbmc
  2. nitesbane
  3. dullbar
  4. briarycliffs
  5. Myla
  6. lambo881
  7. elbandido
  8. sat1600
  9. schmedy
  10. lobbybee

Thank you to all the FatWallet members who submitted designs this year.  It was a great year and we are grateful for your participation!  We hope you had fun! :)

And Now for the Rest of the Story:

Grab your favorite beverage and pull up a chair for the background story on this year's contest.

It seems that exciting drama and the Black Friday T-Shirt contest go hand in hand. It keeps us all guessing and makes life interesting right? This year was no exception to the trend.

After a fun debate here among the staff at FatWallet we picked our finalists, a group of designs we felt were well executed and tastefully represented our brand. Then we watched behind the scenes as you all voted on your favorite designs. The piranha design had a slight lead for most of the contest. The Turkey, BF Mode and Doodle designs were neck and neck, changing position several times over the week, with the turkey design pulling ahead by 4 votes at the end of the contest.

At almost the 11th hour, it was called to our attention that the image in the lead, the Piranha design from Canucklehead, had possible copyright issues. We checked with Canucklehead to see if he had documentation proving we had the right to use the image in question.  We scoured the internet for a definitive answer, but came up empty handed.  After failed attempts to contact the source of the image to confirm our ability to use the design, our legal team advised us to not print that design as it would be a potential legal liability to FatWallet.

Canucklehead was ultra cooperative, sending us whatever links he could find and voluntarily redrawing the design himself the last night of the contest.  We all all liked Canucklehead's new design.  However, we didn't feel it would be fair to replace his previous entry with his updated design.  Ultimately, because the piranha design did not meet the contest guidelines, we regretfully had to disqualify it as the winner.  Because of this disqualification, the 2nd place vote getter was declared the winner.

Congratulations again, arrnanixtreme, on your winning design!

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I got my BF shirt in the mail this weekend. I really like the winning design. I ordered XL to get it bigger than needed ... (more)

puggle (Nov. 10, 2013 @ 6:28p) |

thanks for the shirt, its great!

excx (Nov. 11, 2013 @ 10:30a) |

I got a rock...

Canucklehead (Nov. 18, 2013 @ 1:46p) |

HeatherS4 said:   
After a fun debate here among the staff at FatWallet we picked our finalists...

This is the kind of "inside look" I was hoping for.  Thanks!

in before lock

Congratulations to winner

Congrats to the 2013 BF tshirt design winner and the gift card winners.

A bit disappointed that Piranha couldn't win... but rules are rules.

I look forward to wearing the FW Turkey shirt later when I receive the pm

Congrats to the winner and thank you Fatwallet staff for another fun contest this year!

Is there anyway we can buy these T.Shirts !!!

Seeing lot of new threads everyday. The contest is a hit.

Congratulations arrnanixtreme, Nice design.

awesome!  
congrats, armanixtreme!  i like your design.  

congrats!

Congrats arrnanixtreme! And a well done to Canucklehead and everybody else as well.

Congrats! and thanks FW!

Thank you for a great contest and Congrats to all of the winners!

Congrats armanixtreme...

kimgkimg - your design is superb!

"our" meaning the staff...

Congrats all, looking forward to the turkey shirt. gobble gobble!

Thanks everyone, esp FW!

No better drama found anywhere! Congratulations armanixtreme on a very nice design. Once again, thank you FatWallet for the best  entertainment on the web.

Congrats armaniextreme!

And, nice job Canuklehead and others who gave us such wonderful designs.

Nice story - not too happy with it, but will proudly wear it on Thanksgiving eve since that's when most deals will start...

Always proud to wear the FW Black Friday t-shirt. Good design & congrats!

What happened to the Piranha entry?

SlamminMOFO said:   What happened to the Piranha entry?
  Hi!

We addressed that in the last section.  I've copied it here-
After a fun debate here among the staff at FatWallet we picked our finalists, a group of designs we felt were well executed and tastefully represented our brand. Then we watched behind the scenes as you all voted on your favorite designs. The piranha design had a slight lead for most of the contest. The Turkey, BF Mode and Doodle designs were neck and neck, changing position several times over the week, with the turkey design pulling ahead by 4 votes at the end of the contest.

At almost the 11th hour, it was called to our attention that the image in the lead, the Piranha design from Canucklehead, had possible copyright issues. We checked with Canucklehead to see if he had documentation proving we had the right to use the image in question.  We scoured the internet for a definitive answer, but came up empty handed.  After failed attempts to contact the source of the image to confirm our ability to use the design, our legal team advised us to not print that design as it would be a potential legal liability to FatWallet.Canucklehead was ultra cooperative, sending us whatever links he could find and voluntarily redrawing the design himself the last night of the contest. 

We all all liked Canucklehead's new design.  However, we didn't feel it would be fair to replace his previous entry with his updated design.  Ultimately, because the piranha design did not meet the contest guidelines, we regretfully had to disqualify it as the winner.  Because of this disqualification, the 2nd place vote getter was declared the winner.

MVP9596 said:   
  Hi!

At almost the 11th hour, it was called to our attention that the image in the lead, the Piranha design from Canucklehead, had possible copyright issues. We checked with Canucklehead to see if he had documentation proving we had the right to use the image in question.  We scoured the internet for a definitive answer, but came up empty handed.  After failed attempts to contact the source of the image to confirm our ability to use the design, our legal team advised us to not print that design as it would be a potential legal liability to FatWallet.Canucklehead was ultra cooperative, sending us whatever links he could find and voluntarily redrawing the design himself the last night of the contest. 

We all all liked Canucklehead's new design.  However, we didn't feel it would be fair to replace his previous entry with his updated design.  Ultimately, because the piranha design did not meet the contest guidelines, we regretfully had to disqualify it as the winner.  Because of this disqualification, the 2nd place vote getter was declared the winner.

Thanks.. I missed it.  And the person that "red" me for asking, get a life.

Thanks for the gift card drawing!

Great site, great t design and list of lucky gc winners! Congrats, all!!

Haha wow, I wonder what the voting distribution would look like if the fish was not an option.

Congratulations arrnanixtreme!

Congrats. And thanks to Heather for the interesting "behind the scenes" story.

Fish Tales (330.90kB)
Disclaimer
My piranha has emerged from 20000 leagues under the sea to say congrats to the winner arrnanixtreme..................(and he's now getting blottoed at a local bar cause he thought for sure he was going to be on a T-Shirt).

Please pray for my piranha........

congrats ..
can't wait to get my 2013 fw-tshirt .. any chance we get a confirmation that we're getting one?

Congrats to the winner!

This contest would be nothing without the annual drama, that's for sure.

The winning design gives no doubt that a high priced bribe was paid.

Bizatch said:   The winning design gives no doubt that a high priced bribe was paid.
  I was going to delete this because it's so laughable.  Instead, I'll reply.

No, there wasn't a bribe paid.

MVP9596 said:   
  Hi!

It is a shame for a shirt to have been disqualified at the last min. Especially when there were other amazing designs which could have taken the final spot in the voting. Also a shame that all those who voted for the pirana design basically were not able to vote for an eligible shirt.

Perhaps FW should to try review what went wrong here, so that future contests will not have similar issues.

MVP9596 said:   
Bizatch said:   The winning design gives no doubt that a high priced bribe was paid.
  I was going to delete this because it's so laughable.  

I'm glad you don't go around deleting things that make you laugh, because we're all super duper funny down in OT.  

From one Head to another, Canuckle you're a good sport.  

JayMatt19 said:   

Perhaps FW should to try review what went wrong here, so that future contests will not have similar issues.

I'll second that emotion. I asked if the Mini Cooper design posed a problem similar to the one that killed the piranha and never got a reply.

When does the fatwallet wet t-shirt contest begin?

Skipping 50 Messages...
I got a rock...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014