Suggestion Box

Archived From: FatWallet
  • 123 4 519
  • Page
  • Text Only
ruhroh2 said: Here's another request: when you click on the subscribed thread link in the inbox it takes you to the beginning of the thread instead of the end (and if there are pages it's a real pain). Could you make it so the link takes you to the last page of the thread if there is more than one?

Thank you, Mods!
Do you mean the PM from ForumNotifier when a subscribed thread is updated? There should be a (last page) link after the thread link.

Thanks. I just came back to post "nevermind" because the answer just jumped out at me.

how about a print topic for archived threads.

it's time consuming having to to search page by page for a post in an old, long thread.

thanks

LkyOldSun said: how about a print topic for archived threads.

it's time consuming having to to search page by page for a post in an old, long thread.

thanks

It's already there, one of the icons on the right side next to the messages is "print thread". The design of the archive pages doesn't currently match the "active" pages, but that should be corrected shortly.

suggestion:
1. under search, i'd like boxes for threads posted by me, posts by me. this way i can search for my posts/threads without having to search for miserly each time to keep track of my threads or see responses to posts.

2. under search, can you make the 2 columns of forums into 3? and relocate that search button instead of select all/deselect all button. u guys make me scroll down and slow down my FW experience!

When I click "Search" on the black bar the forum "Hot Deals" is automatically selected for an advanced search. Would it be possible to have the current forum I'm in be the default? For instance, when I'm browsing the Deal Discussion forum that one should be selected when I click "Search". It's just a minor inconvience.

i think you should change the pic on the FW homepage of the woman icon exclaiming she got a 17" LCD for 190. i think its a lil outdated nowadays w/the HOT LCD prices.

Would it be possible to add a preview and edit button to the private message box? It's great to have it with thread replies, and when a link or emoticon is also included, it would be nice to be able to make corrections as these have a tendency to wander all over the PM. Thanks!

Edit: Also, would it be possible to have a last post link along with the last page link in the thread title header?

I think it would be pretty cool if we can have like an automobile thread. For instance, ask where to get specific car parts, search for new/used cars.etc,

What do you think?

I think it would be good to have something called "Fatwallet.ca"
So all the deals, especially free stuff, will be good for canada only.

How about fixing the rating bug. Sometimes a post has a rating of "-0" instead of just 0.

Edit: I think this only happens when 2 or more votes cancel each other out. I'm still not sure exactly why it does it though.

I think it would be great to be notified via e-mail when we receive a PM; much the same as when we are subscribed to a topic and there is a new post.

PreciousMomentsLover said: I think it would be great to be notified via e-mail when we receive a PM; much the same as when we are subscribed to a topic and there is a new post.Also how about if someone quotes us or rates one of our posts. This would be good when posting in a long thread. It would be easier to respond that way.

dumpsterDiva said: ...1. Create a list of links to threads like "Subscribe" does but be able to choose per individual topic whether or not to receive emails. I know I could just bookmark the threads and that works OK but I like the format of the Subscription List and it would be great to be able to separate out the email feature...
This is exactly what I was just thinking (good thing I searched first) -- there should be a separate list of threads that one could just bookmark/add to favorites. That way I wouldn't have to 1) carry my bookmarks file with me, 2) go through my mailbox deleting subscribtion updates for threads I'm not currently interested in. This isn't a novelty, by the way. It would apply to something like the official (store name) threads with coupons. If I'm not shopping there right now, I'm not interested in what's happening, but when I need it, I shouldn't have to search for it.

kexrex said: There should be a way to cancel your "Dead" vote, just as there is to cancel a postive or negative rating. a lot of deals seem to be dead and people start flagging it, then realize it's not dead and there's no way of undoing your vote.

If a deal is back to alive, it might deserve another thread in its own right (an exception is the "official" thread of something like Amazon FAR items). Canceling dead vote is good but might not be essential.

Can we have more thread filter options such as Most-rated/less-rated threads regardless of the rating score? A thread of 100 good and 100 bad votes is probably a lot more interesting than 0 vote thread.

peacherwu said: Can we have more thread filter options such as Most-rated/less-rated threads regardless of the rating score? A thread of 100 good and 100 bad votes is probably a lot more interesting than 0 vote thread.So would a thread with a rating of -50 be "interesting"? Why would you want to include negatives?

I think it would be good if we could edit the contact info on Retailer Ratings. I added a new retailer to rate (MagazineForce.com) but messed up on the contact info. If someone goes to click on the link for the web form it won't work, but there is no way for me to fix it.

Old threads lost their ratings. Admittedly it takes a lot space to keep all rating information but we can try to keep
1) Only the rating score of the thread, or
2) Rating scores of the thread and of each post

How about a feature where we could select whose ratings we want to see?

There is a small group of nazi soup raters that creates an ill feeling in the forums because of their intolerance and narrow mindness. Why should I have to see their negativeness?

Either that or an option to hide individual post rartings altogether instead of just hiding the topics' ratings.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/

How about having the Forum Titles linked so that if we click on Finance it will take us to the finance forum? I know that the links are a few inches to the left but just thought it would be a nice addition

Suggestion:
In every Topic Alert email, there are always 3 parts

Part 1:
--------------------------------
Hello,

The following is your instant topic alert.

Keyword: [xxxx] ( Remove This Alert)
Topic Match: [xxxxxx]

Part 2:
You are subscribed to the following topic alerts:

Part 3:
Thank you,
FatWallet

FatWallet, Inc. ?8900 North 2nd St. ?Machesney Park ?IL ?61115

Is there any way to remove the 2nd part?
If not, could you please make the 2nd part an OPTIONAL choice to users?

To me, Part 2 is completely useless.
I can always retrieve a list of my subscribed keywords at "Topic Alerts" page - http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/alerts.php

In addition, Part 2 makes configuring email filter more difficult, because every keyword appearing in every email.
And it makes every Topic Alert email unnecessary fatter.

Any opinion?
Thanks.

PeanutButterAndJelly said: If you have several topic alerts that match the same message, please, for the love of god, send just one email.

By the way, without Part 2, the above disadvantage, which I guess is difficult to be solved at Fatwallet side, can easily be partially solved at users/subscribers' side - Messages having same keyword in message body will be delivered to a same folder. But with Part 2, I can't do that with my email filter - that's the main motivation I made the suggest here. Another consideration is to reduce unnecessary network traffic.

How about a FW-Toolbar for browser? If you browse to anysite that gives CashBack, it will work as-if you clicked the merchant link from the "Stores" page! Often times, members forget to click on the CashBack link, and after placing the order they realise it... would be a good feature, IMHO.

I think it would be MUCH more convenient to be able to delete PMs when you receive them rather than having to go to your PM history and do it there after they accumulate. Those auto-responses from the MODS add up fast!

I'd like to request adding the number of votes to the rating tooltip on all pages for topics and messages. It does this on the old Search Results page, but not the new search and not on the Thread List pages.

Don't forget about the "Search Nazis" who post the message "Search First" at least 100 times a day and then give you a negative rating because when you DID SEARCH FIRST you didn't know the phrase you were searching for even existed.

I'd like to request that in ads or other deals posted by FW staff, the items not be linkified in bolded underlined blue. I always skip right past anything like that because it is hard to read. This thread is an example.

What's with the #last at the end of the address? When I click the link for my subscription, it keeps going to the last post. Many people have suggested before to go to the oldest non-viewed post (the post from the member whose name is in the email/PM) using anchors, the &start= part of the address, etc. Is the #first/last thing new, or am I just really unobservant?

Edit: Thanks for the reply!

I would like to request that the Cash Back Notifier email actually have a link to your account balance. Every time I get one of those emails, the first thing I think is "Hmm...I wonder what I'm up to now." However, the only link in the email is to the FAQ. Now, I realize it sounds pretty lazy that I'm complaining about a few extra clicks. I just think it might be nice to be able to go directly to my balance to see what I have saved up.

ComputerWiz said: What's with the #last at the end of the address? The "last page" link from topic subscription notifications takes you to the last message on the last page. It's new since Friday.

How about wap.fatwallet.com or at least a cell phone browsable page. Right now if I try to visit the forum on my phone I can't click to search and the page is so stretched out it is unreadable.

gexi said: How about wap.fatwallet.com or at least a cell phone browsable page. Right now if I try to visit the forum on my phone I can't click to search and the page is so stretched out it is unreadable.

If you have a smart phone, you can use a RSS reader.

How about a "topic alert" that works only on new topics added to a forum? I would love an Instant alert to a certain topic, like when i'm looking for an MP3 player and someone finds a new deal and creates a new thread, but I don't need to get an email for every post thereafter...but if I set my topic alert preferences to "daily" I stand a good chance of missing out on some of the deals.

Maybe a stupid question, but how do we change our time zone? It seems that it's set to central daylight time.

Message edited by: XXXXXXXXX on ????-??-?? **:**:** CDT

Also, can we have the option to change the time to AM/PM? Thanks!

I don't know if this is the appropriate place, but I think the "new" search engine is horrible.

First, the results should be in 'Last Post' order, not the relatively meaningless 'Score' order. At least give us a choice in our profile.

Second, the search box from the forum screens work WAY too broadly. I typed in Best Buy and got everything with Best or Buy in the thread. I don't think this is the way the old search used to work.

I still love FW...just my 2c.

I would like to see a search for individual threads!! I saw a post in the McDonalds game thread about Circuit City might be accepting the BBB, but my lord the thread grew, and I have NO idea which page I saw it on to even begin looking! Would be nice to be able to search that specific thread for Circuit City and pull up just the relevant posts.

Mike

I think under a username, next to the member status, there should be a location text there too.

It would make it a lot easier for ymmv deals when people said they scored.

zyg0te said: I think under a username, next to the member status, there should be a location text there too.

It would make it a lot easier for ymmv deals when people said they scored.

I don't agree--not everyone wants to reveal their location to complete strangers.

albob said: I don't know if this is the appropriate place, but I think the "new" search engine is horrible.

First, the results should be in 'Last Post' order, not the relatively meaningless 'Score' order. At least give us a choice in our profile.

Second, the search box from the forum screens work WAY too broadly. I typed in Best Buy and got everything with Best or Buy in the thread. I don't think this is the way the old search used to work.

I still love FW...just my 2c.

after you search you can click "last post" to order it according to last post... i prefer to click "originator" to see newer deals up top.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014