Archived From: FatWallet
  • 1 234519
  • Page
  • Text Only
rated:
3/08/08 UPDATE - Locked in favor of:

What's Cookin' at FatWallet?

*NEW* FatWallet Member Suggestions *NEW*

OK, if it's not a Cash Back merchant wish or FatWallet Forum FAQ suggestion... let's put 'em in here, ok?

beboparoo suggested reviving the "who's logged in" button.

Madmurphy suggested a pull-down menu of the forums on the search results page... and calling forums "forums" instead of "categories."

tlaxson suggested a dropdown list of forums on the PM page(s).

ComputerWiz suggested a feature in PMing to quote (or just show the message that was replied to) so that when someone sees something like "Where is the link to that" in a PM, they will actually know what it is refering to.

TakeTheActive suggested a link to original thread in PM reply from mod after mod alert.

con suggested the 1k - 10k designation be added to the pseudo-custom avatars.

Feel free to add general site improvement suggestions here!

EDIT 5/20/05: Doing a little "clean-up" today to weed out OT posts, flames, and rants without suggestions.

Edit by Moderator: Thank you for participating in the forums. However, this topic has been covered in a recent post Here.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Leave a 120-second window for "Edited by"-less edits after you post. Sometimes you catch things after you post, and woul... (more)

cedarpointfan (Mar. 30, 2008 @ 12:28a) |

Please find a way to make a user's posts more easily searched by creating a link on their profile (such as what craiglis... (more)

iRabbitt (Apr. 08, 2008 @ 2:21p) |

5 minutes / 300 seconds would be EVEN BETTER for the "old-timers" (like me) that usually only see the errors AFTER hitti... (more)

TakeTheActive (Apr. 08, 2008 @ 5:21p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I guess requesting that PMs open in a separate window - on their own - is futile

Tech guys and MechanicalMan suggest doing it your own self by right (or middle) clicking to open a new window (or tab) when you want to, claiming everyone will be happy then! ...not sure if futile, though.

I would still like to see a quick reply button.

I would also like to be able to add multiple quotes into one reply instead of copying and pasting

Thanks

Please turn the "Is login" back on the PM. TY

Contribution to the FW community deleted.

Some kind of three strikes system. Some how one of the hot tech guys could come up with away for the mods to be able see who has made what type of (and/or how many) violations. This would cut down on alot of the constant crap that goes on.

RightHere said: Ban repeated coupon beggars.

I usually never beg for coupons but I recall having to do it once because I needed a coupon ASAP (we're talkin' minutes...)
So I begged and begged and begged in the proper forum, no bites... Then I decided to break the rules and try my luck in OT, and I got a bite within seconds (thanks CQP! )... My threads got neutered obviously, but I got my coupon and bought by product (using FatCash too! )

So should I have been banned? Careful how you respond, I'm not called "cranky member" for nuttin'!!!

adding the links on the new login page was a great idea

Genius069 said: I would still like to see a quick reply button.

I would also like to be able to add multiple quotes into one reply instead of copying and pasting

Thanks
AGREED! This is annoying to do. Just put a quick reply window at the bottom or where ever and when you hit the quote button, just take the current field value and add the text to quote it.

Another thing is when you click one of the format buttons, the text always appears at the bottom of what you wrote, not where the flashing line is (sorry, I forgot what it was called. Same thing should be with the emotion icons.

Edit: Some one also had requested having the formated text appear as it will (without preview) when in the text editor.

I had requested when you update a message to have the page go to the previous page in the thread when updated instead of going to the first page.

Make a board for CashBack discussion and questions. It doesn't matter how easy it is to use or how clear the information is. People are going to be constantly be confused even if you paint a picture for them.

jayK said: IMHO the Topics link should be called "Back to ____ forum", and the Forums link should be removed. If you really wanted to go back to the forum list, you can click the forums tab at the top.
    • FORUMS is superfluous (as you pointed out)
    • REFRESH is superfluous - press F5 or click on the REFRESH Icon in your browser's toolbar
    • MESSAGES is superfluous - either close the window or click on the BACK Icon in your browser's toolbar
    • TOPICS (top right) should be called INDEX, IMO
    • SUBSCRIBE TO / UN-SUBSCRIBE FROM is GREAT!

This is a bit unusual. When I'm using firefox the links that say "email topic" have the right "]" on the next line. It's probably just my window size settings, because in IE it looks fine. Maybe you could just delete the extra spaces, or find a way to adjust the table row settings.

Here's 2 more:

Make this topic a sticky!

Put a "Select All" button on topic alerts to select all of the categories (just like when you search).

Since you're trying to keep all of the suggestions in one place, here's an old one that would still be great.

old thread

When I login to reply to a thread, I am not brought back to the page I was visiting. I am brought to http://www.fatwallet.com/index.php?NoCookies=Yes and when I click on "here", I'm brought to http://www.fatwallet.com/.

The Rating Filter should default to "All Messages" (it currently defaults to something else, right?) It just causes confusion for the filter to be enabled by default.

Can we vote people off the forum?

Suggestions for Quick Summary:

1) Quick summary should be displayed even before the first post (sometimes first posts themselves are verbose)

2) When posting a message, user should be allowed to also fill in Quick Summary besides the first post. This Quick summary is at the top and can be then edited by other users and continuously improved aka Kaizen

What about a spell check? A grammar check? A redneck translator?

Many forums are adding the ability to see the first message on a topic when you 'mouse over' the topic on the main window. It would be great to not have to go into every topic to see the first post or quick summary. In otherwords, I could avoid clicking 'into' each topic and just see the quick summary from the higher level.

footn200 said: Stuck Thanks!

sas0 said: Many forums are adding the ability to see the first message on a topic when you 'mouse over' the topic on the main window. It would be great to not have to go into every topic to see the first post or quick summary. In otherwords, I could avoid clicking 'into' each topic and just see the quick summary from the higher level.This has been requested many times. I think it would be a good addition.

Why don't we have a voting system to vote for suggestions that we feel would be best for FW.

Here's another. Quote this message and respond to it. Your text will be bold. How annoying is that. How about a feature to have an auto close for the formating symbols. Bold Text.

What happended to the "Username is (not) logged in" info in the top right corner of the "send a private message" window? I miss that feature. It's nice to know whether or not someone you are messaging is currently online. My suggestion: bring that feature back.

raulinigo said: What happended to the "Username is (not) logged in" info in the top right corner of the "send a private message" window? I miss that feature. It's nice to know whether or not someone you are messaging is currently online. My suggestion: bring that feature back.

I agree with that

On other boards you can click an arrow or something & it takes you to the first unread message. On FW I have to start at the top of the page & scan down to find what was posted after I posted or read something from the day before. Is this normal?

handyguy said: On other boards you can click an arrow or something & it takes you to the first unread message. On FW I have to start at the top of the page & scan down to find what was posted after I posted or read something from the day before. Is this normal?I remember another thread where someone suggested making the links in subscriptions go directly to the post. This could be done with an anchor.

i'd like to be able to see MORE than the last 20 posts i've made (after clicking "today"). 100 would be very useful.

I suggest breaking up hot deals into a electronic/technology related grouping and a non-tech related grouping. It would make things easier to navigate - and it looks like quite a few good non-tech deals get buried right now.

Contribution to the FW community deleted.

Go international!

An international "Hot Deals" forum would be great, specifically the UK for me.

How about an "Un-Highlight" button for when you search.

When I click the today button, I scroll down to hot topics. When I click the "next" button, it saysHot Threads (threads containing 10 posts or more)

There are no new hot threads today.
There is no "previous" button to go back. It's not really a bug, but it just doesn't seem logical. Can you put a "previous" button in, just like how you can go back in a thread once you're on the last page?

If you have several topic alerts that match the same message, please, for the love of god, send just one email.

PeanutButterAndJelly said: If you have several topic alerts that match the same message, please, for the love of god, send just one email. When you creat an alert under "Notify Me" you should select "Once A Day" instead of "Instantly."

ComputerWiz said: PeanutButterAndJelly said: If you have several topic alerts that match the same message, please, for the love of god, send just one email. When you creat an alert under "Notify Me" you should select "Once A Day" instead of "Instantly."

What if I want them instantly? If the same message matches several filters, it will do so instantly so why
send a new message for every filter?

PeanutButterAndJelly said: ComputerWiz said: PeanutButterAndJelly said: If you have several topic alerts that match the same message, please, for the love of god, send just one email. When you creat an alert under "Notify Me" you should select "Once A Day" instead of "Instantly."

What if I want them instantly? If the same message matches several filters, it will do so instantly so why
send a new message for every filter?
Ohhhh. Gotcha. Sorry, I didn't understand at first. That would be a good option.
On a similar note, is it really necessary for "Topic Match" to be repeated for every single link in a topic alert??

In search, the default is hot deals, would be nice if the site could remember the last forum you wanted to search or let you choose a default.

Sorry, didn't see you wanted suggestions here... already created a new thread but here it is in here too...

TOPIC ALERT SUGGESTION
In the email:
Keyword: Dell outlet ( LINK--> Remove This Alert)
Topic Match: LINK--> Dell 42" HDTV plasma W4200HD Refurb $2,299 + $49 S&H

The "remove this alert" link in the email is right next to the link to the thread itself. If you click in the wrong spot due to a huge monitor, little text on your screen, etc. you can easily erase the alert by accident. When you accidentally (or on purpose) click the "remove this alert" button the removal is immediate (no "are you sure").

I've accidentally removed the alert a few times. Suggestion is to create a few lines of space between the remove this alert and the topic itself or add an "are you sure you want to remove the following alert" YES/NO option.

Maybe I'm missing how because I only lurk here on occasion, but is there no way to search within a thread??

HawkMultimedia said: Maybe I'm missing how because I only lurk here on occasion, but is there no way to search within a thread??Ctrl+f (I don't think that there's a way to search within the whole thread, just one page.)

Skipping 682 Messages...
cedarpointfan said: Leave a 120-second window for "Edited by"-less edits after you post...5 minutes / 300 seconds would be EVEN BETTER for the "old-timers" (like me) that usually only see the errors AFTER hitting SUBMIT, even though I proofread several times...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014