• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Just an observation but lately the forums seem pretty dead, especially hot deals. I mean you have a few posters that post dozens of items and it seems hard to get some real hot topics going. Not sure if this is the beaning of the end or the result of the ebates take-over and subsequent leveling off of what I think once made this a great site. Don't get me wrong, I am still around and want this seen in a positive light but I think you need to start lighting some more fires to get good real hot topics that are perhaps being directed to other sites.....

rated:
Arribasn, check out this thread that talks about all these things here: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/fatwallet/1418597/

rated:
How about updating the "Forums Quick Links" to use similar color coding to that being used on the Forums page to tell you which have new content since your last visit?  I'm talking about the Blue vs. Gray folder icons on the Forum page.  If you could change the background of the Quick Links to indicate if there are new deals, it would speed things along - no need to check out a Forum if there are no new deals.

rated:
RE:
Just an observation but lately the forums seem pretty dead, especially hot deals

I have found I must keep the deals I find to myself, some here detest resellers like it is a 4 letter word.

rated:
yoregano said:   Arribasn, check out this thread that talks about all these things here: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/fatwallet/1418597/
  Thanks, that seems to be it

rated:
Thanks.
Tried modern view again, it hurts my eyes.
Back to classic view.

rated:
how do u do this and what are the benefits?

rated:
I think you should denote the rating of a deal per the HD forum discussion on front-page deals. It can be be very modest and if all in all you decide only do it for deals w/ green so be it.

rated:
yesidonoitall said:    some here detest resellers like it is a 4 letter word.

And why do you think that might be?  For those of us who legitimately want a specific product at a great price, the reseller represents an obstacle to that, and ultimately, either causing the item to be sold out, or a higher price on the 3rd party market.    Pretty straightforward...

rated:
how about when your looking at your messages being able to forward them to somebody

rated:

G+ (151.30kB)
Disclaimer
Show this to FatWalletSocial :

rated:
I let them know about it, not sure what it's about, but I sent it over

/scratches head

rated:
Allow people to turn off fatwallet express popups.

rated:
BradMajors said:   Allow people to turn off fatwallet express popups.

Ditto for ALL popups AND banners. We should have the option to dismiss these permanently instead of being subjected to them on every page we visit and every device we use, no matter how many times we dismiss them (i.e., account specific, not based on cookies or other limited/temporary criteria). A recent and very annoying example being the extremely long running and pervasive AdBlockPlus warning banner.

rated:
BradMajors said:   Allow people to turn off fatwallet express popups.

Please see my update regarding the FWE footer message here.

rated:
Can we get the option to block certain individual (Staff) accounts in two forums, Hot Deals and Free Stuff?

rated:
Remove the word "aliexpress" from your spam filter.

rated:
Fix this thing with deleted replies showing up as unread posts.

rated:
mapatsfan said:   Can we get the option to block certain individual (Staff) accounts in two forums, Hot Deals and Free Stuff?
  Are you saying they are not actually posting hot deals but deals they got their palm greased for posting?

rated:
veckle said:   Fix this thing with deleted replies showing up as unread posts.
there have been other threads about that -
it's still happening, and i figure it will always be a bug.

rated:
A suggestion regarding the technology forum:
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/technology/1435486/

rated:
Can we get the option to block certain individual (Staff) accounts in two forums, Hot Deals and Free Stuff?

Alternatively, can the mods explain why this is not enabled?

Moderator Comment: As of right now we have no plan to let staff accounts be blocked. We can certainly discuss the possibility of allowing limited blocking functionality. — Apr. 13, 2015 @ 10:07am
rated:
mapatsfan said:   Can we get the option to block certain individual (Staff) accounts in two forums, Hot Deals and Free Stuff?

Alternatively, can the mods explain why this is not enabled?

All I can say is continue to voice your complaints and opinions. Maybe they will eventually listen.

See here: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/fatwallet/1418597/?start=626

rated:
The "Best Deals" on the front page should be customizable according to category. I see a bunch of things I'm not interested in and lose interest rapidly in visiting other sections of the site. I have no interest in fashion or style accessories. If others like them, great, but I just move on thinking, "Oh, today's best deals are for dresses and shoes.... later FW!" and move on to other destinations on the web.

rated:
Heh, after posting that about the Best Deals I got some lame "achievment". Get rid of those please. They add nothing to the site.

rated:
michaelkenyon said:   Heh, after posting that about the Best Deals I got some lame "achievment". Get rid of those please. They add nothing to the site.
 I'm not sure if you noticed this, but you can opt to no longer view achievements here

rated:
VBMcGB said:   
michaelkenyon said:   Heh, after posting that about the Best Deals I got some lame "achievment". Get rid of those please. They add nothing to the site.
 I'm not sure if you noticed this, but you can opt to no longer view achievements here

Where do we go to opt out of seeing lame deals posted by an increasing quantity of Staff members in the HOT DEALS forum?

From what I can tell, if there is no inkling to "call the store to verify the deal" or "run down to the store immediately," then it definitely does NOT belong in the HOT DEALS forum !!

I'm not sure if you noticed this, but over 600 replies from members can be seen here !

rated:
hpmaster said:   From what I can tell, if there is no inkling to "call the store to verify the deal" or "run down to the store immediately," then it definitely does NOT belong in the HOT DEALS forum !!
Based on HD thread votes that seems to be the minority opinion here.

rated:
A suggestion -

When Fatwallet readers/users/contributors take the trouble to seek out this thread to make a new suggestion/complaint (not just posting a comment on an earlier suggestion/complaint), it would be nice for a staffperson to briefly respond to every concern (even if they politely say that the site is not going to look into the matter further, or that it will go on a low-urgency list to be looked at down the line, when time permits).

If responding to each suggestion in this thread would clutter up this thread too much, then perhaps an automated PM (not an email to his/her private email account, though - those are annoying) could go out to the contributor, thanking him/her for the post and assuring him/her that a real staffperson has read it and given it some consideration.

Figuring that one won't get a response here is, I would imagine, why some people just go ahead and post a new thread to the Fatwallet Fatwallet forum, even if their question/concern/suggestion is not such a big issue,
or if the issue only really applies to one member out of 15,000, but that member is a loquacious son of a gun.

rated:
today i've noticed that several of the Macy's "hot deals" and/or coupons on the Fatwallet Macy's coupons page are not good any more -

is there a way that Fatwallet can keep closer watch over the deals that they post? this is frustrating.

example:
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1434900/m19026984/#m19... 

another example:
i got "we do not recognize the coupon code you have entered"
when trying this code on a purchase of $60,
although its fatwallet notice says the code expires tomorrow:
http://www.fatwallet.com/Macys-coupons/20-off-50-order/2675552-1

rated:
NantucketSunrise said:   today i've noticed that several of the Macy's "hot deals" and/or coupons on the Fatwallet Macy's coupons page are not good any more -

Hey NS!

This is something I think I can help with. When we changed our front page around a few months ago, we unfortunately lost the member flag that allowed users to alert us of expired deals / coupon codes. I'm not sure when exactly this will be back - however, I do know that both staff and forum members have requested it.

In the meantime, I will be going through the Macy's store page tonight and cleaning up the old deals. We try to do that in downtime as often as we can, but I will make sure to pass this along to the rest of the Best Deals team as a reminder. Please feel free to PM me (or any of the staff you see posting in FWHD) if you run across another store page with expired offers on it. We will gladly take care of them as quickly as possible until we get the flagging tool back. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused and thanks for alerting us to it. Cheers

rated:
Thank you, St4rdust.

I don't know if the retailers publish an end date to their promotions/coupons (however, I expect most of them do) --
maybe FW can be more diligent about entering those end dates into the FW system, rather than posting deals without an endpoint (or with an incorrect one) and then relying on FW readers to alert you when the coupons/deals/promos don't work anymore (after they have already wasted time thinking about the purchase, researching the item, adding the item to a shopping cart, starting the checkout process, etc.)

I have run into other expired deals last night and today, but I didn't inform the mods (except for a Lenovo/buydig one today) because there was no easy little button on the deals themselves, and I was busy doing several other things at the time.

They weren't just on the Macy's page.

Some were on drugstore.com, I recall. For example, hit the 30% off almonds one (which was the first offer on my pageview of your drugstore.com coupons page last night), and you'll get a drugstore.com error page saying you've been taken to a non-existent page.

I haven't used your CashBack feature or bought through your site in about 10 months -- until yesterday, and unfortunately it wasn't smooth and it wasn't efficient yesterday. I used your site to go to maybe 15 retailers' sites yesterday.

It is disappointing to find deals here, check the supposed expiration dates on FW and, if there is an expiration date listed, see that the offers are still good, but then to find out that they are no longer valid after getting to the retailer sites.

Also, another inaccuracy I noticed on your drugstore.com coupon page is that your blurb for the retailer says that shipping is free starting at $25; however, that offer ended about a year ago - it's now $35.

rated:
Ban fatwallet staff from participating in forum discussions.  Fatwallet staff have made offensive posts breaking fatwallet rules, but they are immune to any forum moderation. 

Either participate in forum discussions or engage in forum moderation.  Do not do both.

rated:
BradMajors said:   Ban fatwallet staff from participating in forum discussions.  Fatwallet staff have made offensive posts breaking fatwallet rules, but they are immune to any forum moderation. 
Can you post some examples of these offensive posts from staff?

rated:
jayK said:   
BradMajors said:   Ban fatwallet staff from participating in forum discussions.  Fatwallet staff have made offensive posts breaking fatwallet rules, but they are immune to any forum moderation. 
Can you post some examples of these offensive posts from staff?

Please!  To be clear, the staff posting deals are not the staff that is moderating the forums.

rated:
MVP9596 said:   
the staff posting deals are not the staff that is moderating the forums.

I don't know what examples of bad behavior the OP is talking about,
(the last post in a thread that I remember seeing which was written by a moderator was a short, helpful, benign comment by Richard/Virgil a few days ago, about how to structure a resume)

but I wanted to say that there doesn't seem to be any obvious differentiation of the kinds of FW "staff" (well, my internet view of FW is stripped down and doesn't show every detail, so maybe there is something on their little avatar/icon thingies that other people can see which I can't see -- though I don't think so),

and therefore it might clear up some confusion if you indicated the FW "department" the person is working for on their avatar/icon thingies --- or, at least, if you didn't want to get into the nitty-gritty of who works where, you could just indicate on the avatars/icons whether the individual is from the moderation team or not.

In my experience, the moderation team is pretty fair, and I would expect them to evaluate without too much favor or prejudice other staffpeople's posts which have received complaints. 

(Indeed, I think last year I actually sent in an "alert mods" note about a FW non-moderator staffperson's post in the Off Topic forum which I felt was inappropriate, and I think the mod on duty agreed with me and deleted that post.)

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015