• filter:
  • 118192021 22
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
MVP9596 said:   Hi jumpattack!

The replies column over on the right side is a good indicator to show whether you've read a thread or not. If you see "xx unread", that's telling you that you've opened the thread, and there were xx replies since you last viewed it. Clicking on that link will take you to the first unread message. I've attached a screenshot that shows you what I'm referring to.

When I see "xx unread", I click on the link and often times I get "ERROR The message you are trying to link to is not in this topic." It looks like the unread replies were deleted for whatever reason, but the original "xx unread" doesn't go away after revisiting the thread. When I see it again, I go to read again only to get the error. After a few fails, I make a mental note not to fall for it again. Can this be fixed?

rated:
veckle said:   
MVP9596 said:   Hi jumpattack!

The replies column over on the right side is a good indicator to show whether you've read a thread or not. If you see "xx unread", that's telling you that you've opened the thread, and there were xx replies since you last viewed it. Clicking on that link will take you to the first unread message. I've attached a screenshot that shows you what I'm referring to.

When I see "xx unread", I click on the link and often times I get "ERROR The message you are trying to link to is not in this topic." It looks like the unread replies were deleted for whatever reason, but the original "xx unread" doesn't go away after revisiting the thread. When I see it again, I go to read again only to get the error. After a few fails, I make a mental note not to fall for it again. Can this be fixed?

Do you have any examples for me by chance?  I had thought this was fixed a while back, but I could be thinking of a different situation.

rated:

rated:
Sending you a PM about this.

rated:
How about a user signature function, unlimited as to animated graphics, video, and scrolling parti-colored text? I can list what I drive, what guns I own, how many times I've random pm'd people, and have those little stick figures representing each member of my family including Foofy, the Rapterrior. 

Just yanking your chain, Beloit! Keep it classy.

rated:
Kandykornhead said:   How about a user signature function, unlimited as to animated graphics, video, and scrolling parti-colored text? I can list what I drive, what guns I own, how many times I've random pm'd people, and have those little stick figures representing each member of my family including Foofy, the Rapterrior. 

Just yanking your chain, Beloit! Keep it classy.

rated:
MVP9596 said:   Deal Discussion has always been a place for Consumer Alerts.  It's even one of the categories we used when we added categorization to the forums years ago. 

If you don't wish to see them, you can set up a filter to customize your view that will exclude the Consumer Alerts category.

Given that the number of consumer alerts posted in DD has been increasing lately and said alerts are often important to multiple forums it may be time to revisit this. I had posted this in a DD thread:

Perhaps a dedicated moderated consumer alerts forum would be valuable after all as a centralized forum to store these threads...users could subscribe to be notified whenever there is a new thread in the consumer alerts forum, and part of creating the new thread could be suggesting which forums to alias to.

rated:
Where are you supposed to post a consumer alert? Right now I see them in Deal Discussion. That's fine by me because I clearly see the categories in that forum and I know there is one for consumer alerts. A lot of folks must not see it that way. They just see Deal Discussion and leave comments like "Exactly what deal are we discussing here?". If you click on a topic, you can see the directory tree at the top, but it ends with deal discussion. I think you should make the categories more prominent in the site navigation, or consider the suggestion for a consumer forum.

rated:
What would be nice is a way to ignore a user's posts, but set a post rating threshold -- for example, "ignore user X's posts unless the post is rated +1 or better". The purpose of this for me would be to allow us to filter out posts from particularly "spammy" users (or post bots, can't tell what they are) without missing a deal that they just happened to get to first. Signal-to-noise ratio is much too low at the moment...

Edit: One unintended side effect of this would be if a whole bunch of people enable this setting for a specific user, there are less people that will see their posts and give green, not allowing those users to see good deals that might be posted.  Maybe there's a better way to fix this problem?

rated:
How about a "Don't show this message again" button for the new Adblock banner.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014