• 11718 19 2021
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
change the default "label" for links from "text" to simply "link"

makes more sense

rated:
Don't make public who is upvoting and downvoting postings, doing so raises animosity between users.

rated:
BradMajors said:   Don't make public who is upvoting and downvoting postings, doing so raises animosity between users. I don't want this. I prefer knowing who gave red and who gave green.

rated:
BradMajors said:   Don't make public who is upvoting and downvoting postings, doing so raises animosity between users.What it does, at least for some if not many, is make them think twice before they red-and-run...

There are times that I want to know who's supporting my post, as well as those that disagree with it (though I'd prefer if they replied in the post - to help the discussion). I can turn off PM'ing if I don't want to be 'privately' contacted, and if they want to discuss why they up or down-voted in public, isn't that one of the main reasons for allowing replies to posts?

It's not like we're using real names here in the first place. And only the mods know who we 'really' are...some more than others!

rated:
Connman said:   BradMajors said:   Don't make public who is upvoting and downvoting postings, doing so raises animosity between users.What it does, at least for some if not many, is make them think twice before they red-and-run...

There are times that I want to know who's supporting my post, as well as those that disagree with it (though I'd prefer if they replied in the post - to help the discussion). I can turn off PM'ing if I don't want to be 'privately' contacted, and if they want to discuss why they up or down-voted in public, isn't that one of the main reasons for allowing replies to posts?

It's not like we're using real names here in the first place. And only the mods know who we 'really' are...some more than others!

Thanks Mr.Stark

rated:
I'd like to recommend adding an "Internal Hard Drives" subcategory. Currently, we have:

-Hard Drives
--External Hard Drives
--SSD

That's great if you're looking for external HDDs or SSDs, because you can choose either one and filter out the others. However, if you're looking for an internal HDD, you're stuck with the main "Hard Drives" category and have to read through ALL the hard drives to find internals.

rated:
Any reason why this was moved from HD to DD, then locked; while this wasn't?

rated:
Looks like an accident that has been fixed. Thanks for letting us know.

rated:
Something I'd like to see is an RSS feed of the local deals section. I currently follow individual feeds from Groupon, LivingSocial, and Amazon Local, but I would rather follow all local deals using an RSS feed from FatWallet. Also, can you add Amazon Local to your local deals provider list?

rated:
make the fatwallet site ipv6 enabled that is being able to browse using ipv6 network.

rated:
I DESPISE the new popup! How could you? This is going backwards! Please turn it off.

rated:
Add a link for FW website software bug submissions.

Here's a quick bug report:

When using the quote button to reply to a post, if you highlight text and link a url to it an extra url prompt is displayed after the highlighted text is accepted.

rated:
kshell said:   Add a link for FW website software bug submissions.

Here's a quick bug report:

When using the quote button to reply to a post, if you highlight text and link a url to it an extra url prompt is displayed after the highlighted text is accepted.

I've seen this happen, but I've never been able to replicate it. Even tried just now and couldn't replicate it.

rated:
When you click on the preview icon, add the options to "Mark as Sticky" and "Mark as Favorite", maybe even "Subscribe to Topic", since Red/Yellow/Green are already available. Maybe best to just add the entire line, but at least Sticky and Favorite...

rated:
I'll try again (been asking for this for 2+ years):
Would like the ability to filter certain categories in Hot Deals so I don't see them (specifically, guns & ammo).
Been told it's "coming real soon" for a while now.
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/fatwallet/1080834/
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/fatwallet/1030308/

rated:
larryc said:   I'll try again (been asking for this for 2+ years):
Would like the ability to filter certain categories in Hot Deals so I don't see them (specifically, guns & ammo).
Been told it's "coming real soon" for a while now.
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/fatwallet/1080834/
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/fatwallet/1030308/

Unfortunately, it looks like it's not going to happen any time soon. The intent when categories were added was to eventually add exclusions. It IS something we would like to see happen though, so it's not off the table.

rated:
Since many of the hot deals posted are electronics I think it would be nice to add Best-Buy to the list of places you can compare the item at.

rated:

bug1 (27.08kB)
Disclaimer

bug2 (4.74kB)
Disclaimer
Here's example1 -- see the text alignment in the first post -- and example2 -- see the quick summary alignment change after the CODE tag.

In case it's relevant, my
Forum Version = Modern
Browser = Firefox

Moderator Comment: Thanks! A bug fix has been requested. — Jan. 10, 2013 @ 8:36am
rated:
Thanks for letting us know. We've put in a bug report for it

rated:
Why can't you flag a thread as dead when it is locked?

rated:
I just tested on this account, and a non admin account and was able to flag locked deals as dead. Do you have some examples for us to check?

rated:
scripta said:   Here's example1 -- see the text alignment in the first post -- and example2 -- see the quick summary alignment change after the CODE tag.

In case it's relevant, my
Forum Version = Modern
Browser = Firefox

This should be fixed now scripta, let us know if you see any issues.

rated:
I stumbled upon the "class action" thread tonight, read through it, and posted the below comment there. I also thought that I'd post it here, as a suggestion:

---
I realize this thread is not stickied, and maybe there are good reasons for that, but surely for every forum (or selected forums) there could be a special page listing "the essential threads from this forum that feature frequently-updated and frequently-brand-new information which are buried amongst the other thousands of threads on this forum that don't"?
----

rated:
We can already choose to ignore a user's threads and/or messages. Would it be possible to ignore their votes, too? Maybe this would help appease those who take issue with people who give lots of red without a comment.

rated:
Suggestion: Link store wish lists to your Fat Wallet account somehow so that you can see deals on the items on your wish lists. I know there is a FW wish list, but it's time consuming to add items. It would be great if the accounts could be linked and then FW would automatically pull in the items on the store wish lists to your FW account and monitor deals for them.

rated:
I suggest a mod come back to
this thread

and acknowledge the suggested solutions

rated:
After clicking on view click history to see who has and hasnt reported Cash Back could there be a way to show if you have created a support ticket on that page. I recently made alot of purchases and had a lot of companys did not report Cash Back. It would be alot easier if there was something on that page to show a ticket was created possibly with a link to the ticket. Since there were a number of tickets I had to create it got confusing on which ones I did and didnt do.

rated:
Hi apv7,

Thank you for contacting us with your suggestions. While it isn't exactly what you requested, we do have a symbol to indicate that a transaction has been processed manually (a green dot with an "M" in it, instead of a dollar sign). We are working towards your suggestion though - outstanding suggestion!

Keep them coming!

Patrick
CB Manager

rated:
NantucketSunrise said:   I stumbled upon the "class action" thread tonight, read through it, and posted the below comment there. I also thought that I'd post it here, as a suggestion:

---
I realize this thread is not stickied, and maybe there are good reasons for that, but surely for every forum (or selected forums) there could be a special page listing "the essential threads from this forum that feature frequently-updated and frequently-brand-new information which are buried amongst the other thousands of threads on this forum that don't"? ----

My suggestion above, posted 11 days ago, has not been acknowledged. It's no big deal in this instance, but in a dedicated thread like this, it would be good if a staff person could respond to every new suggestion, even if the response had to be noncommital or negative.

Not being noticed here makes it more likely that the poster will subsequently decide to bring up suggestions by starting new threads on the main Fatwallet forum page, which I don't know if you want to encourage or not.

rated:
Could you clarify your request? What class action thread, in which forum?

I'm not opposed to having a sticky thread in some forums listing "must read" threads, but it should probably be community driven to make sure the threads folks want to see are there.

rated:
A. This is "the" class action thread.

It used to be a stickied thread, they told me on the thread a couple of weeks ago, but now it's not (I don't know why, they didn't say on the thread).

"Class Actions"
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1170656/

----
B. One problem with expecting the current members to know what threads in the last 10 years were great and full of useful information is that once those threads are archived or just fall off the radar, they disappear for all intents and purposes, and new folks don't even know about them.

For one example where this happened, see the second paragraph of section C below.

For another example, see my recent quest to get some kind of rental car thread re-stickied to the Travel forum, when there used to be 2 or 3 stickied threads there on car rental but they just disappeared, leaving nothing about rental cards at the top of Travel, so folks had recently created a rental car thread from scratch because they (apparently) didn't know about all those established ones:
"Rental car deals & codes - why not a stickied thread on Travel, as it used to be?"
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/fatwallet/1251917/

----
C. One problem with opening a thread like that up to any contribution or comment whatsoever, and not having someone be a referee or organizer of it,
is that they quickly become a cluttered mess like the free-stuff-on-your-birthday thread:
"Restaurants that give FREE Meals on your Birthday (and other B-DAY deals) !! <from archives>"
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1051269/

Which, by the way, is a really useful thread that I sort of rescued from the archives a few years ago, because it had been forgotten about:
"Do you think that the "on your birthday: free food and stuff" thread should be un-archived/made a current FW thread?"
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/fatwallet/1011915/

rated:
Didn't see this suggested anywhere in the op. It would be really nice to get a notification when someone replies to one of your posts (ie, quotes you). For example, a competitive site puts a little notification on the bottom right if someone quotes you and posts. On fatwallet, I happened to check on a thread from a week ago and saw that someone had asked me a question, but I never saw it because there were no posts after his and the thread was buried. I figured he wouldn't see my response so I didn't even bother replying to him. Reply notifications bolster discussion and solidify the community by providing better communication for its members.

Moderator Comment: Absolutely agree with this, and I have in my wants list, thanks! — Jan. 31, 2013 @ 1:22pm
rated:
dealmaster00 said:   Didn't see this suggested anywhere in the op. It would be really nice to get a notification when someone replies to one of your posts (ie, quotes you). For example, a competitive site puts a little notification on the bottom right if someone quotes you and posts. On fatwallet, I happened to check on a thread from a week ago and saw that someone had asked me a question, but I never saw it because there were no posts after his and the thread was buried. I figured he wouldn't see my response so I didn't even bother replying to him. Reply notifications bolster discussion and solidify the community by providing better communication for its members.

I like this idea. A freebie blog I subscribe to has a feature like this. You can check a little box before posting your post, that gives you the option of being notified if anyone replies to your post. This particular software sends an email to you. Same with a forum I subscribe to, for that one it is an option in your personal account settings to receive email notifications when replies are made to your posts.

rated:
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/free-stuff/1247592/m17566016/#m1...

I'd like this thread to be a sticky permanently where other member can add info. Since being removed as a sticky, I've seen another resource that could be included in that ever growing thread.

I like the idea of an umbrella group, too.

rated:
i'd like to icnore categories in HD.

rated:
miserly said:   i'd like to icnore categories in HD.

Me too!

Thanks for the suggestion

rated:
I'd like the ability to cash out my FatCash to Bitcoin instead of using PayPal.

rated:
i'm not a fan of paypal either

rated:
Could you move "guns & ammo" deals to their own section (like travel deals & Grocery deals)?

I'm really tired of seeing these postings (given everything going on in the world today) in Hot Deals. Per earlier postings in this thread, you said you're not going to provide a way to filter out categories from hot deals. Not asking you to remove this category, but simply to move it elsewhere.

rated:
vBulletin boards support embedding of YouTube videos. I think it would be a great addition here. Any plans for this? Posted here by staff suggestion.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014