• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:

The time has come for a new FatWallet Forum FAQ, with outdated links either fixed or removed
Thanks to footn200 for the previous forum FAQ, found here

Please help organize those pesky frequently asked questions that pop up in this FatWallet Forum.
PM me with frequently asked questions and answers, and I'll organize them here.

How do I get to be a Senior Member? -submitted by WillysEmptyWallet

Title Posts Required
New Member 0
Member 20
Senior Member 200
1K 1000
2K 2000
3K 3000
(etc)

A member who has been here for a year can change to Broke Member, Addicted Member, Greedy Member etc in their user profile

Where's my thread?! -submitted by Beboparoo
If it's not where you left it, it was probably moved to a more appropriate forum (SEARCH for it here)
... or deleted completely if it was inappropriate for our community.
If you want a specific explanation, alert mods (form any forum post) and ask.

How do I change my username? -submitted by Beboparoo
There is no option for users to change their usernames. For consistency and accountability, we do not encourage members to change names after they have created a reputation. Although we seldom grant changes, we do look at the occasional request on a case by case basis. If you wish to change your username, please submit a Support Request with the name you would like to change to, and the valid reasoning behind the desired change for consideration... then be prepared to leave it as-is.

What happened to _______ forum/board that used to be here? -submitted by Beboparoo
If it's not in the list of All Forums (above/right) then it's g-o-n-e.
We re-evaluate our forum categories at least quarterly, and make decisions on what stays or goes.

I'm spitting MAD at the mods... How do I get heard/listened to/considered? -submitted by Beboparoo
First, alert mods from any forum post, express yourself respectfully, and ask for an explanation.
If that doesn't work... email Ted@FatWallet.com with your concern. Please be sure to include your username, date and time of moderator action and, if possible, a link to the thread in question. Also, feel free to offer specific suggestions or alternative actions.. then please be patient and wait for a reply.

SEARCH tips!
Click above, and/or see tips below by PeanutButterAndJelly

Here are some tricks for using the search box that is directly above the list of threads.

1) How to search for words in order. Suppose you want to find a thread about borders coupon. Normally
this will not match a thread titled "borders $5 off coupon" (try it in HD). If you search for borders % coupon
instead, it will find it. The "%" tells the search to ignore any stuff in the thread title that comes between the words "borders "
and "coupon". You can use "%" more than once. For example, 256%usb%drive will find all threads that have
a "256", "usb", and "drive" in the title (in that order) even if there are other words in between (the first match
I got was Iomega Mini 256MB USB 2.0 Flash Drive for $9.99 AR at Staples).

Note: if you search for 256 %usb%drive (with a space after the "256") you are telling the search to find
all threads where there is a "256" followed immediately by a space, then some random junk, then "usb", then
more random junk, and then "drive".

2) The character "_" is a wild card. It will match any single character. So searching on USB _.0
will match threads whose titles are USB 2.0 or USB 1.0 (as well as "USB A.0", "USB B.0", etc)

Those of you who know SQL will already be familiar with those, those of you who don't, play around with the search

General FAQ

Cash Back FAQ

Cash Back Solutions

Hot Deals Forum FAQ
Including acronyms ...like YMMV, OP, etc
-submitted by technomamma

About/History page being developed. -submitted by kupop2

KrazyKeyur's Ultimate FatWallet Links (thread)
(As of 7/11/2005)...
FORUMS:

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014