• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I just recently got approved for the 2% Fidelity Rewards AMEX through FIA Card Services (BoA), however I just came across a very similar card named, Fidelity Private Client AMEX. Seems like for $200 you still get the option for 2% Cash Back on all purchases, however the added travel benefits and redemption options other than 2% cash (see below). I'm imagining there is no limit to the number of points earned in a year? Also, I can't find any info on which hotels offer the room upgrades. If anyone has any experience with Worldpoints rewards and this card in particular, that would be great. Thanks!

Here are the benefits
* Earn 2 WorldPoints for every $1 in purchases. Enjoy hundreds of redemption options including travel on any major airline with no blackout dates, merchandise, gift certificates and more.§
* Choose to redeem your points for a deposit into your eligible Fidelity account. Just spend $2,500 in purchases and you can receive a $50 deposit.§
* Complimentary membership in Priority PassTM grants you access to over 600 airport lounges around the world, normally a $399 cost.
* All this and much more for a $200 Annual Fee
* Premium Hotel Privileges: Enjoy complimentary breakfast, room upgrades and special amenities at select hotels worldwide
* Premium Airline Privileges: Access special fares and savings for a range of international destinations.
* Premium Cruise Privileges: Receive onboard credit and privileges on select luxury cruises to enhance your experience as you sail to your next destination.
* Special Travel Offers: Receive $100 off qualifying vacation packages.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Not sure if the $399 Priority Pass is worth $200.

But all in all, not a bad 2% CashBack credit card for those who need and do not already have the $399 Priority Pass from some other way or some other credit card

xoneinax said: Not sure if the $399 Priority Pass is worth $200.

But all in all, not a bad CashBack credit card for those who need and do not already have the $399 Priority Pass from some other way

I do not have a Priority Pass as of now. Are there other options that offer this for less than $200? I also would definitely use the Hotel Room upgrades so I'm trying to figure out if there are actually accessible or only at some obscure hotel chains that I would never stay at. Does this work at Hiltons, Marriotts, SPG?

yettie10ff said: xoneinax said: Not sure if the $399 Priority Pass is worth $200.

But all in all, not a bad CashBack credit card for those who need and do not already have the $399 Priority Pass from some other way

I do not have a Priority Pass as of now. Are there other options that offer this for less than $200? I also would definitely use the Hotel Room upgrades so I'm trying to figure out if there are actually accessible or only at some obscure hotel chains that I would never stay at. Does this work at Hiltons, Marriotts, SPG?

I have a priority pass membership (which I got from another AMEX card). However, its almost useless. The priority pass gets you "access" to airport lounges, but not _FREE_ access. In fact, the "member visit fee" of US$27, is usually more expensive than the regular fee that many lounges charge. Granted there are some lounges which are a bit more exclusive and don't allow anyone to come in, but in my opinion the priority pass is not a good benefit. There is more premium levels to the pass, that do have other benefits, so this might be more than a "Standard pass", but I'm sceptical. Also, the hotel discounts are often just marketing, where the discount is off rack rate, but comparable to any other travel site's rate.

novocane said: yettie10ff said: xoneinax said: Not sure if the $399 Priority Pass is worth $200.

I have a priority pass membership (which I got from another AMEX card). However, its almost useless. The priority pass gets you "access" to airport lounges, but not _FREE_ access. In fact, the "member visit fee" of US$27, is usually more expensive than the regular fee that many lounges charge. Granted there are some lounges which are a bit more exclusive and don't allow anyone to come in, but in my opinion the priority pass is not a good benefit. There is more premium levels to the pass, that do have other benefits, so this might be more than a "Standard pass", but I'm sceptical. Also, the hotel discounts are often just marketing, where the discount is off rack rate, but comparable to any other travel site's rate.

This card actually gives you the "Prestige Membership" hence the $399 value.

Its also quoted as giving "Room Upgrades" not discounts. I don't care about hotel discounts, I just want to book the cheapest room online and then get automatically bumped up a class. I'm under the impression thats how the Platinum AMEX works and I was hoping this was the same sort of program but couldn't find many details online.

Prestige membership = All visits are free.

Wow, this card doesn't seem to be advertised at all. Now, if they waive fees for Private Client Group clients, it'd be a really great deal. Has anyone talked to their PCG rep (or, more realistically, their PCG rep's flunky) about this card?

1. Great benefits
2. Fee waiver, Please
3. Make this a "true" AMEX
4. Can we say goodbye FIA?

does fidelity give lawyers PCG access without min balance requirements?

I doubt it. But it's worth a try.

I was excited about this until I discovered that the Priority Pass does not work at AA lounges... I couldn't find any details on the hotel benefits, either, such as which chains, etc.

UncaMikey said: I was excited about this until I discovered that the Priority Pass does not work at AA lounges... I couldn't find any details on the hotel benefits, either, such as which chains, etc.
It appears the only USA airport with Priority Pass Admirals Club access is at Honolulu. Admiral Club access is available at a number of airports in foreign airports.

It looks like they removed the "travel shop" link, at least for me. So I don't see any hotel or car deals, although I used to.

ETA: I called Priority Pass. They said those benefits still exist and are trying to figure out why I can't see them...

glxpass said: It appears the only USA airport with Priority Pass Admirals Club access is at Honolulu. Admiral Club access is available at a number of airports in foreign airports.

Just out of curiosity, which foreign airports had AA lounge access? We generally just travel to W Europe and S America, and AA is not on the list at LHR, CDG, FCO, MAD, EZE, but I did find it at GIG.

Unless someone finds some fabulous benefit not yet mentioned, it's hard to see where this is worth $200 to most of us, especially when the regular Fidelity AMX card has the 2% ca$h back.

Found a link to an app - Link

If it were sweet looking or made of metal, I would have considered upgrading from my FIA 2% card. It looks lame, I'm out.

UncaMikey said: glxpass said: It appears the only USA airport with Priority Pass Admirals Club access is at Honolulu. Admiral Club access is available at a number of airports in foreign airports.

Just out of curiosity, which foreign airports had AA lounge access? We generally just travel to W Europe and S America, and AA is not on the list at LHR, CDG, FCO, MAD, EZE, but I did find it at GIG.

Unless someone finds some fabulous benefit not yet mentioned, it's hard to see where this is worth $200 to most of us, especially when the regular Fidelity AMX card has the 2% ca$h back.

BOG - Bogota
FRA - Frankfurt
MEX - Mexico City
PTY - Panama
GIG - Rio de Janeiro
SCL - Santiago
SDQ - Santo Domingo
GRU - Sao Paulo
YYZ - Toronto

ETA: It's important to note that, unlike with the AMEX Platinum Card, you can go to any PP-offered lounge at a given airport, regardless of which airline you are flying on. Of course, location and convenience of the PP airport lounge(s) can determine whether that's worthwhile.

I emailed my PCG rep asking about a fee waiver. The reply was not what I expected: Fidelity said: I am having someone from our risk department look into the details of this email because we do not offer this card. There is a rewards card with no annual fee that we offer from American Express but this particular offering not from Fidelity. Did you receive this information via email or mail? If it was by email and you can forward it back to this inbox that would be very helpful or if by mail if you could fax it to me at 239-596-3313 or mail it that would be great as well. We want to make sure if there is something fraudulent about this information that we get it taken care of asap. It may be that it is an old advertisement that is not available to us any longer to verify against as well. We just want to take every precaution we can to ensure our clients' safety. Thank you

So, I think that all of the discussion about the benefits of the card is moot.

Actually this card is very much legit and is mentioned in this article in the Wall St Journal.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703757504575194422117984744.html

Application link: https://wwwa.applyonlinenow.com/us/fidelityprivateclientcard/

It's outsourced by Fidelity to FIA which is a subsidiary of Bank of America.

ThePessimist said: I emailed my PCG rep asking about a fee waiver.. Tell Fidelity to Fired your PCG manager, since this card was advertised in the freaking WSJ on april 24 and she doesnt know about it?

ThePessimist said: Now, if they waive fees for Private Client Group clients, it'd be a really great deal. Has anyone talked to their PCG rep (or, more realistically, their PCG rep's flunky) about this card?
This is a Private Client card available to everybody. It would make sense to wave the fee for PCG members. Without the fee, this will be a nice replacement for my Citi Plat AMEX.

It is also interesting that this card is not advertised. How new is this card?

yettie10ff said: Prestige membership = All visits are free.Doing some research, it appears that all guest visits are charged at the standard rate.

It's funny - a month ago the card image on the application actually said "Private Client," which it no longer does. And the WSJ article about it says that Fidelity is marketing it through its advisers, which usually means the independent investment advisory firms that use Fidelity for custody services.

I strongly suspect that the "Private Client" in the card name has nothing to do with Fidelity's PCG, and that PCG asked for the card art to be changed to avoid confusion.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014