• filter:
  • 117181920 21
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Regarding Staples, I've tried to buy visa gc in store (wasn't allowed) and then online, as advised by a number of enthusiastic bloggers. My (8) online orders seemingly went through, but were then cancelled. However they didn't make a big deal of it, just told me buying gc with gc isn't allowed. I don't think I'm banned. Just stuck with a large number of Staples cards.

rated:
How can you purchase visa gift cards with WalMart GC? I've been to 2 different walmarts. I tried purchasing $100 visa gift card n 100 master card, both transactions were denied. They said had to pay cash. Then I tried ordering online n WalMart GC is NOT a payment option.

Lady I spoke with at WalMart.com customer service said I could as long as it was a specific amount and not the variable. But I've not been successful at all.
any suggestions?????

rated:
labboypro said:   
billrubin said:   
labboypro said:   Added this blurb to the QS--

Update 07/01/2014-- with Lands' End being rolled out from under the SHC family, their GCs will no longer work at Kmart/Sears.  While there are plenty of LE cards that still work, reports are starting to grow from buyers who bought LE and could not get them to work at Kmart/Sears.  

So do they not work even if you want to buy LE stuff at Sears?

  
The Sears POS does not accept the new LE cards at all.  I see this as a glitch given the example you give above... but as of last week, no, they didn't work.  Perhaps Sears will be changing the in-store LE registers out for a different system (??)... or (???)


 

  Wasn't LE sold to someone? No longer the part of Sears/Reebok? Isn't that the reason it no longer works?

rated:
ddarnell2287 said:   How can you purchase visa gift cards with WalMart GC? I've been to 2 different walmarts. I tried purchasing $100 visa gift card n 100 master card, both transactions were denied. They said had to pay cash. Then I tried ordering online n WalMart GC is NOT a payment option.

Lady I spoke with at WalMart.com customer service said I could as long as it was a specific amount and not the variable. But I've not been successful at all.
any suggestions?????

  Sell the WM GC for 92% return rate.

rated:
Where do you sell gift cards?

rated:
ddarnell2287 said:   Where do you sell gift cards?
  Check out buyers for gift cards at giftcardgranny dot com. 

rated:
vagrants said:     Wasn't LE sold to someone? No longer the part of Sears/Kmart? Isn't that the reason it no longer works?
  
FTFY. Also, you are correct, you can still use Sears/Kmart gift cards at Land's End, but not the other way 'round (though I suspect some of the older cards will continue to work indefinitely).

rated:
ddarnell2287 said:   How can you purchase visa gift cards with WalMart GC? I've been to 2 different walmarts. I tried purchasing $100 visa gift card n 100 master card, both transactions were denied. They said had to pay cash. Then I tried ordering online n WalMart GC is NOT a payment option.

Lady I spoke with at WalMart.com customer service said I could as long as it was a specific amount and not the variable. But I've not been successful at all.
any suggestions?????

  It might work at Sams if you can find the $200 cards for $206.88. Does NOT work on the variable amount cards; And several of the Sams in my area have sold out of or pulled all their $200s.

rated:
smaycs4 said:   
ddarnell2287 said:   How can you purchase visa gift cards with WalMart GC? I've been to 2 different walmarts. I tried purchasing $100 visa gift card n 100 master card, both transactions were denied. They said had to pay cash. Then I tried ordering online n WalMart GC is NOT a payment option.

Lady I spoke with at WalMart.com customer service said I could as long as it was a specific amount and not the variable. But I've not been successful at all.
any suggestions?????

  It might work at Sams if you can find the $200 cards for $206.88. Does NOT work on the variable amount cards; And several of the Sams in my area have sold out of or pulled all their $200s.

  $500 InComm MC GC is still available here & can use WM GCs @ Sam's.

rated:
vagrants said:   
smaycs4 said:   
ddarnell2287 said:   How can you purchase visa gift cards with WalMart GC? I've been to 2 different walmarts. I tried purchasing $100 visa gift card n 100 master card, both transactions were denied. They said had to pay cash. Then I tried ordering online n WalMart GC is NOT a payment option.

Lady I spoke with at WalMart.com customer service said I could as long as it was a specific amount and not the variable. But I've not been successful at all.
any suggestions?????

  It might work at Sams if you can find the $200 cards for $206.88. Does NOT work on the variable amount cards; And several of the Sams in my area have sold out of or pulled all their $200s.

  $500 InComm MC GC is still available here & can use WM GCs @ Sam's.

  That definitely sounds encouraging! I wonder if it varies between Sam's store locations and/or individual registers/POS terminals?? As mentioned above, I can confirm success using WM GC to purchase the $200.00 fixed value cards (for $206.88), and I've also failed to have any luck with WM GCs for any of the variable amount cards. Can anyone comment/expand on ability to to find and buy "$500 InComm MC GC" at Sam's with WM GC? Maybe there's a particular sequence that needs to be followed in terms of when/where to swipe (e.g. cashier terminal vs. customer facing POS terminal) and specific keys (e.g. hitting "purchase" vs. "change payment type" and then specifying "shopping card" or something like that)???? Or maybe there is only one particular batch of InComm MC GCs that work?

rated:
None of the 3 Sams in my area has ever carried a $500 InComm at least as long as Ive been paying attention, about 3 years.

I think the variable amount cards were intended to replace $100 & 200 cards. I think they still have $25 & $50 valuations but Ive never bought them because the fee makes it cost prohibitive.

rated:
longterm said:   
vagrants said:   
smaycs4 said:   
ddarnell2287 said:   How can you purchase visa gift cards with WalMart GC? I've been to 2 different walmarts. I tried purchasing $100 visa gift card n 100 master card, both transactions were denied. They said had to pay cash. Then I tried ordering online n WalMart GC is NOT a payment option.

Lady I spoke with at WalMart.com customer service said I could as long as it was a specific amount and not the variable. But I've not been successful at all.
any suggestions?????

  It might work at Sams if you can find the $200 cards for $206.88. Does NOT work on the variable amount cards; And several of the Sams in my area have sold out of or pulled all their $200s.

  $500 InComm MC GC is still available here & can use WM GCs @ Sam's.

  That definitely sounds encouraging! I wonder if it varies between Sam's store locations and/or individual registers/POS terminals?? As mentioned above, I can confirm success using WM GC to purchase the $200.00 fixed value cards (for $206.88), and I've also failed to have any luck with WM GCs for any of the variable amount cards. Can anyone comment/expand on ability to to find and buy "$500 InComm MC GC" at Sam's with WM GC? Maybe there's a particular sequence that needs to be followed in terms of when/where to swipe (e.g. cashier terminal vs. customer facing POS terminal) and specific keys (e.g. hitting "purchase" vs. "change payment type" and then specifying "shopping card" or something like that)???? Or maybe there is only one particular batch of InComm MC GCs that work?

  There is nothing special to do. You just take the MC GC to a register. Let them load the amount to the MC GC & then "hand your WM GC to the cashier" to pay for it.

There is only one type of $500 I've seen. White back ground with silver decoration (a tree maybe?).

rated:
smaycs4 said:   None of the 3 Sams in my area has ever carried a $500 InComm at least as long as Ive been paying attention, about 3 years.

I think the variable amount cards were intended to replace $100 & 200 cards. I think they still have $25 & $50 valuations but Ive never bought them because the fee makes it cost prohibitive.

  Yes, I understand $500 MC GCs are on select locations. Maybe I'll take a pic when I go there again.

rated:
vagrants said:   
smaycs4 said:   None of the 3 Sams in my area has ever carried a $500 InComm at least as long as Ive been paying attention, about 3 years.

I think the variable amount cards were intended to replace $100 & 200 cards. I think they still have $25 & $50 valuations but Ive never bought them because the fee makes it cost prohibitive.

  Yes, I understand $500 MC GCs are on select locations. Maybe I'll take a pic when I go there again.

  Please do post a pic if/when you can. The club near me is sadly not one of the select places currently (will let you know if it ever is), but would be nice to know exactly what to look for in the off-chance I'm near a club where they're stocked while traveling. Thanks for the followup responses.

rated:
I am new here---but what financial advantage is it to buy a $200 WalMart gift card with a $200 visa or vice versa? What am i missing here?
 

rated:
Visa is accepted in more places than WalMart.

But there is no financial advantage unless you obtained your WalMart gc at a discount.

rated:
longterm said:   
vagrants said:   
smaycs4 said:   None of the 3 Sams in my area has ever carried a $500 InComm at least as long as Ive been paying attention, about 3 years.

I think the variable amount cards were intended to replace $100 & 200 cards. I think they still have $25 & $50 valuations but Ive never bought them because the fee makes it cost prohibitive.

  Yes, I understand $500 MC GCs are on select locations. Maybe I'll take a pic when I go there again.

  Please do post a pic if/when you can. The club near me is sadly not one of the select places currently (will let you know if it ever is), but would be nice to know exactly what to look for in the off-chance I'm near a club where they're stocked while traveling. Thanks for the followup responses.

  Here it is

rated:
ajillfisch said:   Regarding Staples, I've tried to buy visa gc in store (wasn't allowed) and then online, as advised by a number of enthusiastic bloggers. My (8) online orders seemingly went through, but were then cancelled. However they didn't make a big deal of it, just told me buying gc with gc isn't allowed. I don't think I'm banned. Just stuck with a large number of Staples cards.
​I think 8 orders was asking for trouble. 
In any case the Staples website updated last week and the Staples GC option is 'Grayed out' when you have any GC in the cart. Was good while it lasted.

rated:
Jagd said:   
ajillfisch said:   Regarding Staples, I've tried to buy visa gc in store (wasn't allowed) and then online, as advised by a number of enthusiastic bloggers. My (8) online orders seemingly went through, but were then cancelled. However they didn't make a big deal of it, just told me buying gc with gc isn't allowed. I don't think I'm banned. Just stuck with a large number of Staples cards.
​I think 8 orders was asking for trouble. 
In any case the Staples website updated last week and the Staples GC option is 'Grayed out' when you have any GC in the cart. Was good while it lasted.

  
That's sortof a band-aid, you can still work around it on the Staples site.

rated:
outtawhack said:   
Jagd said:   
ajillfisch said:   Regarding Staples, I've tried to buy visa gc in store (wasn't allowed) and then online, as advised by a number of enthusiastic bloggers. My (8) online orders seemingly went through, but were then cancelled. However they didn't make a big deal of it, just told me buying gc with gc isn't allowed. I don't think I'm banned. Just stuck with a large number of Staples cards.
​I think 8 orders was asking for trouble. 
In any case the Staples website updated last week and the Staples GC option is 'Grayed out' when you have any GC in the cart. Was good while it lasted.

  
That's sortof a band-aid, you can still work around it on the Staples site.

  
How do you work around it if it's greyed out? PM if you like, thanks!

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014