• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
houseofgiftcardzcustomoffer said: 2. Sears: Oh boy, HOW I LOVE Sears It works GREAT HERE You can buy literally ANY third party gift card with your Sears Gift Card, even the PrePaid Visa Gift Cards! Which means you can turn it into cold hard cash by going to smiths, loading your western union netspend prepaid debit card, paying with the visa gift card you just purchased... (Smith's Grocery is the only place I know of that allows cards to be loaded with a debit card... if you guys know ANY other stores that allow this, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!) 3. Kmart: Same story as Sears, same store pretty much, owned by the name company.

That's weird, I called up the local Kmart and Sears in my area, and they said it was policy for them to not allow buying gift cards with other gift cards.

rated:
Never ASK anywhere. The answer will always be no. 99% of the time.

Just try it.

I did it all the time at Kmart. Until it stopped working. For mastercard & visas. Their registers still allow other gift cards but its almost always against policy.

So don't ask, just buy it. If they say no, try later with a different cashier.

rated:
smaycs4 said:   Never ASK anywhere. The answer will always be no. 99% of the time.

Just try it.

I did it all the time at Kmart. Until it stopped working. For mastercard & visas. Their registers still allow other gift cards but its almost always against policy.

So don't ask, just buy it. If they say no, try later with a different cashier.

† Attempted to buy Amazon gift cards with a Sears e-gift card at Kmart about 3 weeks ago. †Cashier was concerned that maybe she couldn't use egift card as payment method and checked a binder below her register. †She said it was allowed and did the purchase. †The card had an issue being activated and she had to have a manager come over and re-do the transaction. †No one had any issue with it. †My sister did the exact same transaction at another register with no problem either. †So, either this varies by store or some gift cards are technically okay. †(Her binder appeared to list payment methods and then had photos of the various gift cards - seemed interesting, but glad mine worked!)†

rated:
So Kmart's system will allow other gift cards but not the Visa & MC? I see.

I'm gonna try Sears or Land's End to see if I can use the GCs to buy Visa GCs.

rated:
Any word if you can buy the Visa gift cards online with Staples gift cards? Any idea how many gift cards you can use online at one time?

rated:
raceman73 said:   Any word if you can buy the Visa gift cards online with Staples gift cards? Any idea how many gift cards you can use online at one time?
No.

5 for purchases where there are no gift cards in the order. †0 for purchases that do.

rated:
Bummer. Thanks.

rated:
Can anyone confirm that I can use Staples gift card in-store to buy other gift card?

I bought some Staples gift card during the promotion period (50 Staples eGift Card + $10 Staples ePromo Card for $50 through Cashstar). Was planning to buy an cheap laptop, during back to school event, but Staples doesn't seem to have any great deal this year yet while my e-promo card may expire soon. So I wish I may have an option to buy gift card of other stores.

rated:
tivu said:   Can anyone confirm that I can use Staples gift card in-store to buy other gift card?

I bought some Staples gift card during the promotion period (50 Staples eGift Card + $10 Staples ePromo Card for $50 through Cashstar). Was planning to buy an cheap laptop, during back to school event, but Staples doesn't seem to have any great deal this year yet while my e-promo card may expire soon. So I wish I may have an option to buy gift card of other stores.

† Their registers should allow it, but most cashiers know not to allow that. If your main concern is to use up the $10 ePromo card, and you still use stamps (for mail in rebates for example), you can use the ePromo card to buy a book of stamps ($9.8), then find another .25 clearance deal or a candy to use it up.

rated:
So to buy third-party gift card using Staples gift card. I pretty much depend on how unknowledgeable of cashier is regarding her workplace policy?

The e-promo is the same as gift card except it can't be returned after used. So if Staples gift card can buy other gift card, this e-promo will also. I wouldn't want to waste toward something else I didn't need. I have 4 x $10 of these e-promo cards.

rated:
tivu said:   The e-promo is the same as gift card except it can't be returned after used. So if Staples gift card can buy other gift card, this e-promo will also. I wouldn't want to waste toward something else I didn't need. I have 4 x $10 of these e-promo cards.
††
What do you mean "can't be returned"? I was able to return 10 epromo cards into one plastic gift card.

rated:
dawpa2000 said:   
tivu said:   The e-promo is the same as gift card except it can't be returned after used. So if Staples gift card can buy other gift card, this e-promo will also. I wouldn't want to waste toward something else I didn't need. I have 4 x $10 of these e-promo cards.
††
What do you mean "can't be returned"? I was able to return 10 epromo cards into one plastic gift card.

† When I used cashstar to purchase, it's policy has something like "The promotion has no cash value". Technically when you buy anything, when you return and get refund, the promotion amount won't be refunded. I don't know about Staples but I used to get the similar promotion card for Target and that what's the Target customer service told me. That time I did an exchange so.

rated:
tivu said:   
dawpa2000 said:   
††

† When I used cashstar to purchase, it's policy has something like "The promotion has no cash value". Technically when you buy anything, when you return and get refund, the promotion amount won't be refunded. I don't know about Staples but I used to get the similar promotion card for Target and that what's the Target customer service told me. That time I did an exchange so.

††
In the Staples system, the epromo is coded as a gift card, not as a coupon or promotional discount, so it refunds just fine.

rated:
smaycs4 said:   If anyone cares, Publix now stocks eBay giftcards again. My store stocks a card of variable values from $25-500. you pick the amount.

And Publix systems allows you to buy giftcards with publix gift cards.

A year and a half ago or something, I loaded up on publix giftcards during a 5% CashBack deal somewhere. And then they stopped selling eBay GCs for a year and a half or whatever. I sat on the cards and used most of what was left today.

††
Will cashiers allow Publix GCs to be used to purchase eBay GCs ?

rated:
That's great. I would just use up all the epromo cards then returned it to get gift card so I cancel the expiration date of the epromo. Thanks for the head-up.

rated:
exclusivelysid said:   
smaycs4 said:   If anyone cares, Publix now stocks eBay giftcards again. My store stocks a card of variable values from $25-500. you pick the amount.

And Publix systems allows you to buy giftcards with publix gift cards.

A year and a half ago or something, I loaded up on publix giftcards during a 5% CashBack deal somewhere. And then they stopped selling eBay GCs for a year and a half or whatever. I sat on the cards and used most of what was left today.

††
Will cashiers allow Publix GCs to be used to purchase eBay GCs ?

††
they do in my store. even asked a manager which is usually the kiss of death.

rated:
Can anyone confirm with Kroger/Fred Meyers gift cards to buy other stores gift cards?

rated:
tivu said:   Can anyone confirm with Kroger/Fred Meyers gift cards to buy other stores gift cards?
† It's been a couple months since I last done that, but doubt anything changed, and it should work fine. They do ask for ID for gift card purchases over $100 (register will prompt cashier to take down ID info), regardless how you're paying and some cashiers may stop you from using gift cards to pay for gift cards. †So best to do it on self checkout if available.

rated:
Does buying Amazon kindle gift cards with Best Buy gift cards still work ? If anyone has recent experience it will help. i did this last year but heard there have been POS changes post that

rated:
recklessmax said:   Does buying Amazon kindle gift cards with Best Buy gift cards still work ? If anyone has recent experience it will help. i did this last year but heard there have been POS changes post that
† My local BBs have not had Kindle GCs for over a year. Doubt POS will block it, as I had purchased other GCs with BB GCs recently.

rated:
recklessmax said:   Does buying Amazon kindle gift cards with Best Buy gift cards still work ? If anyone has recent experience it will help. i did this last year but heard there have been POS changes post that

† Works only if you can find it sold in Best Buy stores (they stopped selling them in my local stores). Their policy allows you to buy everything in their stores with Best Buy gift cards.
My questions is whether Target or WalMart sell Amazon/ Amazon kindle gift cards?

rated:
DiMAn0684 said:   
† My local BBs have not had Kindle GCs for over a year. Doubt POS will block it, as I had purchased other GCs with BB GCs recently.

† Thanks for confirming cause i know they stopped allowing purchasing visa gift cards with best buy gcs. I wanted to confirm if this was across the board or only visa gift cards .. seems like other gft cards are good for purchase with BB gcs

rated:
Amazon gift cards can be bought from GameStop using GameStop giftcards. Don't know if that helps you any.

rated:
tivu said:   recklessmax said:   Does buying Amazon kindle gift cards with Best Buy gift cards still work ? If anyone has recent experience it will help. i did this last year but heard there have been POS changes post that

† Works only if you can find it sold in Best Buy stores (they stopped selling them in my local stores). Their policy allows you to buy everything in their stores with Best Buy gift cards.
My questions is whether Target or WalMart sell Amazon/ Amazon kindle gift cards?

WalMart or Target do not sell Amazon giftcards as they are direct competitors.

rated:
kayoss said:   Amazon gift cards can be bought from GameStop using GameStop giftcards. Don't know if that helps you any.
According to previous posts, Sears is the only store to buy Amazon gift card using Sears gift card for now.
Can someone confirm GameStop and Sears are still doable or other stores? TIA.†

rated:
jtclin said:   
kayoss said:   Amazon gift cards can be bought from GameStop using GameStop giftcards. Don't know if that helps you any.
According to previous posts, Sears is the only store to buy Amazon gift card using Sears gift card for now.
Can someone confirm GameStop and Sears are still doable or other stores? TIA.†

† I think he just did confirm that GameStop works too.† In any case, I'll confirm too, you can buy Amazon Kindle gc with GameStop gc.

rated:
I can confirm that GameStop still works.

rated:
does toys r us allows to buy eBay gift cards using toys r us gift cards ?

rated:
Lately all the stores I have gone to have not allowed me to do so.

rated:
Thrilla said:   Lately all the stores I have gone to have not allowed me to do so.
† What are all the stores?

rated:
jtclin said:   † What are all the stores?
† My apologies, my reply was in response to the question above mine about Toys R Us

rated:
does WalMart allow purchase of third party gift cards with its own gift card. If yes do visa/mastercard work ? or does WalMart sell Amazon gc/ GameStop gc ?

rated:
Please any recent updates with Sears? I have bought VGCs not long ago, can this still be done? Any other gc of interest like Amazon or eBay one can buy with Sears gc?

rated:
PurpleCopper said:   So Kmart's system will allow other gift cards but not the Visa & MC? I see.

I'm gonna try Sears or Land's End to see if I can use the GCs to buy Visa GCs.

† So, any luck?

rated:
Will Land's end GC still work at Kmart? I thought they were spinning off the company.

rated:
uncleberniesanders said:   Will Land's end GC still work at Kmart? I thought they were spinning off the company.
† Old ones, yes. †New ones, no.

rated:
chimmy826 said:   uncleberniesanders said:   Will Land's end GC still work at Kmart? I thought they were spinning off the company.
† Old ones, yes. †New ones, no.

What about Sears cards working at Lands End?

rated:
Re Kroger cards: for the last six months have had no issue using the monthly gift card from mom to purchase cards for Petco to buy higher quality dogfood than available at Ralph's as well as amex or Mc gift cards to help pay the electric bill after stocking the fridge. NOW SUDDENLY everyone is saying no, on the month that I Need to pay the lights and feed the dogs more than I need to feed me! Have 700 bucks tied up in gift cards and my gas is gonna get shut off, and the lights , but I can buy a Craptonne of food from Costco or Kroger that I can't store in the fridge if there's no power....

I don't get it. If I can buy it with cash at the store, I ought to be able to buy it with the card they treat as such. It should be illegal to discriminate the items you can purchase within the store to suit their needs rather than the person buying! I am FURIOUS because I only chose that because of how flexible that was and it is going to be harder to liquidate it now because it is such a high dollar amount on the card . NOW I have to do the whole ask strangers to buy their groceries with my card bit so I can have hot water . Figures they only giveaway hard time about it when I really was counting on that rescuing me this month because the job got pushed back unexpectedly leaving me in a lurch when all the managers had previously okayed it.

I'm in los Angeles so if anyone else had ideas on Kroger in this area, I wouldn't counting on it, and if you happen to know of any location that lets it slip by, I really need a heads up asap or I'll be taking cold showers in the dark in August...happy birthday to me.=(

rated:
Sorry bud, you've got my sympathy for your situation and I hope it works out for you. Not much you can do as that's the risk of using the information in this thread.

rated:
ftlion said:   Re Kroger cards: for the last six months have had no issue using the monthly gift card from mom to purchase cards for Petco to buy higher quality dogfood than available at Ralph's as well as amex or Mc gift cards to help pay the electric bill after stocking the fridge. NOW SUDDENLY everyone is saying no, on the month that I Need to pay the lights and feed the dogs more than I need to feed me! Have 700 bucks tied up in gift cards and my gas is gonna get shut off, and the lights , but I can buy a Craptonne of food from Costco or Kroger that I can't store in the fridge if there's no power....

I don't get it. If I can buy it with cash at the store, I ought to be able to buy it with the card they treat as such. It should be illegal to discriminate the items you can purchase within the store to suit their needs rather than the person buying! I am FURIOUS because I only chose that because of how flexible that was and it is going to be harder to liquidate it now because it is such a high dollar amount on the card . NOW I have to do the whole ask strangers to buy their groceries with my card bit so I can have hot water . Figures they only giveaway hard time about it when I really was counting on that rescuing me this month because the job got pushed back unexpectedly leaving me in a lurch when all the managers had previously okayed it.

I'm in los Angeles so if anyone else had ideas on Kroger in this area, I wouldn't counting on it, and if you happen to know of any location that lets it slip by, I really need a heads up asap or I'll be taking cold showers in the dark in August...happy birthday to me.=(

† You can always sell it for 10% discount.† I'm sure someone will buy it.† $700 is not a lot on a grocery card.† Most families will burn through that in two weeks.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015