• filter:
  • 115161718 19
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
So I stopped by TRU last night with $600 of GC from the latest eBay deal to purchase Amazon GCs. I split up my purchases through different transactions to test out the amounts. Lo and behold, $100 purchases did not require a manager to punch in their code but amounts over $100 did require an override. I noticed that the machine that I swiped through is also newer from what I remembered when I went there last year.

rated:
Thrilla said:   I noticed that the machine that I swiped through is also newer from what I remembered when I went there last year.

Sorry to get off topic, but I love their new POS swipe machine because it lets the customer split the transaction themselves pretty easily, handy when taking advantage of a promo on multiple cards.

rated:
I have two $50 Home Depot gift cards, I want to buy 1 $100 gift card using these. can I do that? I tried Lowes, ( two $50 Lowes for 1 $100 Lowes) but couldn't. If anyone knows, please let me know to save my trip to HD.

thanks.

rated:
nanga said:   I have two $50 Home Depot gift cards, I want to buy 1 $100 gift card using these. can I do that? I tried Lowes, ( two $50 Lowes for 1 $100 Lowes) but couldn't. If anyone knows, please let me know to save my trip to HD.

thanks.

HD in my area stopped letting you consolidate GC's more than a year ago.  Don't waste your time going to HD to consolidate or buy other GC[s.

rated:
thanks!

rated:
As an FYI, my Kmart now has $50 and $100 Amazon GCs and I was able to buy 2 $100s with Kmart/Lands end cards.

Nice way to get discounted Amazon cards if you need them. What i like about Amazon cards is once you put them on your account, they are there with no remembering the cards or anything. And you can apply them without buying anything at the time. Wish eBay/paypal let us do that.

Will be interesting how long after Lands End gets sold will we have to use them at Kmart/Sears ?

rated:
Does anyone have the most recent data on where I can purchase Amazon gift card with store's gift card?

rated:
Does anyone have the most recent data on where I can purchase Amazon gift card with store's gift card?

rated:
Kmart, Publix , Winn Dixie for sure. Meaning the registers will allow it.

rated:
If I have Sears or Kmart, what is the most efficient visa prepaid?

rated:
theconcept said:   Does anyone have the most recent data on where I can purchase Amazon gift card with store's gift card?
  Best Buy

rated:
Used up a Land's End gift card at K-MART on 3/19/2014 to buy an Amazon gift card...

rated:
Data point- today I went to Sears and used a Sears gift card to buy a Staples gift card.  Then went to Staples, used the Staples gift card to get a Home Depot gift card.  No issues whatsoever.

rated:
johnnybs said:   Data point- today I went to Sears and used a Sears gift card to buy a Staples gift card.  Then went to Staples, used the Staples gift card to get a Home Depot gift card.  No issues whatsoever.what else can you buy at Staples with stapkes gc

rated:
rufflesinc said:   what else can you buy at Staples with stapkes gc
meijer

rated:
Does Marshalls, Macys or Nordstroms GCs allow you to buy third party GCs?

rated:
mcmike522 said:   
nanga said:   I have two $50 Home Depot gift cards, I want to buy 1 $100 gift card using these. can I do that? I tried Lowes, ( two $50 Lowes for 1 $100 Lowes) but couldn't. If anyone knows, please let me know to save my trip to HD.

thanks.

HD in my area stopped letting you consolidate GC's more than a year ago.  Don't waste your time going to HD to consolidate or buy other GC[s.

If you get a nice person in customer service they will let you buy a "floor sample" at Home Depot, then return it and consolidate the total amount onto one card, but it can be a bit tedious. They may or may not do that for you.

rated:
Wow I guess no one wants to answer my last question?

rated:
ericchan3 said:   Does Marshalls, Macys or Nordstroms GCs allow you to buy third party GCs?
  Does Marshalls, Macys or Nordstroms even sell 3rd party gift cards ?

Im pretty sure Tuesday Morning does not. In case you wondered.

rated:
Does anyone know if there's any risk buying third party GCs at Staples.com using Staples GC? I was able to buy VGC online twice, but the 3rd one got cancelled. I'm hoping non-VGCs would be safer since I don't want to get banned.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014