• filter:
  • 118192021 22
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I was just thinking this morning about going back to callingmart, since the Tmobile cards I got discounted at Target are running out, so at least I'd save the sales tax. But if they're charging 2% extra and no discount, then I'll have to rethink that. Thanks for the inadvertent heads up.

rated:
hbg1 said:   I was just thinking this morning about going back to callingmart, since the Tmobile cards I got discounted at Target are running out, so at least I'd save the sales tax. But if they're charging 2% extra and no discount, then I'll have to rethink that. Thanks for the inadvertent heads up.
  They do have some sort of loyalty program where you earn points per dollar you spend that can then be redeemed back.  I think it may amount to 1% back.  I think the extra charge is due to T-Mobile having cut the commission they pay retailers.  Most T-Mobile discounts I used to find have dried up....used to regularly get 20% off but now I mostly find very close to face value or even an upcharge.  At least callingmart saves the sales tax and they seem to be a class act of a company....never any issue with them.

rated:
I used a Target gift card today to purchase a Wendy's $15 gift card no problem. The summary post here says that shouldn't work.

The Target gift card is one I purchased from cardpool.com. It was just a cardboard card, not a plastic one. Also it had a non even value. I'm wondering if this card may have been one issued in lieu of a cash refund when something was returned to the store rather than actually purchased as a gift card? Would that be why I was able to purchase another gift card with it? Or did Target change their policy?

This was what actually gave me the idea to buy CVS cards to buy other gift cards as cardpool sells them for a larger discount than Target cards. Googling to see if this is possible led me to this site/thread. Looks like it probably isn't possible with CVS, but wanted to see if anyone knows why I did have luck with Target?

rated:
Can anyone else (recently) confirm that you can buy third party GCs with a Target GC?

rated:
tehlorax said:   Can anyone else (recently) confirm that you can buy third party GCs with a Target GC?
  I looked at a new Target gift card hanging at the registers today.  On the back of the cardboard holder that it was affixed to it says "This gift card can be redeemed for merchandise or services (other than American Express and Visa gift cards and prepaid cards) at Target stores in the US and at Target.com...."  So it sounds like you are supposed to be able to buy gift cards other than Amex and VISA.  As I said, I had no trouble buying a Wendy's gift card.  It was just an item in amongst my other purchases, so the cashier didn't object, and the system let it go through.  Anyone else have any experiences?

rated:
No problem for me buying restaurant GCs for the past few years

rated:
tehlorax said:   Can anyone else (recently) confirm that you can buy third party GCs with a Target GC?

The only thing I ever tried at Target was consolidating Target cards after one of their $5 giftcard promos. My cashier did it cheerfully.  Never tried 3rd party cards. I rarely go in Target. Its not near me. Just not worth the extra miles.

rated:
ultrabruiserb said:   
  I looked at a new Target gift card hanging at the registers today.  On the back of the cardboard holder that it was affixed to it says "This gift card can be redeemed for merchandise or services (other than American Express and Visa gift cards and prepaid cards) at Target stores in the US and at Target.com...."  So it sounds like you are supposed to be able to buy gift cards other than Amex and VISA.  As I said, I had no trouble buying a Wendy's gift card.  It was just an item in amongst my other purchases, so the cashier didn't object, and the system let it go through.  Anyone else have any experiences?

I just got a T-Mobile prepaid card using Target GC last week, didn't get any resistance, they scanned the codes and I was on my way.  Haven't tried anything else, though now that I read this not sure if I want to press my luck redeeming Target again for next month but who knows.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014