• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
houseofgiftcardzcustomoffer said: 2. Sears: Oh boy, HOW I LOVE Sears It works GREAT HERE You can buy literally ANY third party gift card with your Sears Gift Card, even the PrePaid Visa Gift Cards! Which means you can turn it into cold hard cash by going to smiths, loading your western union netspend prepaid debit card, paying with the visa gift card you just purchased... (Smith's Grocery is the only place I know of that allows cards to be loaded with a debit card... if you guys know ANY other stores that allow this, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!) 3. Kmart: Same story as Sears, same store pretty much, owned by the name company.

That's weird, I called up the local Kmart and Sears in my area, and they said it was policy for them to not allow buying gift cards with other gift cards.

rated:
Never ASK anywhere. The answer will always be no. 99% of the time.

Just try it.

I did it all the time at Kmart. Until it stopped working. For mastercard & visas. Their registers still allow other gift cards but its almost always against policy.

So don't ask, just buy it. If they say no, try later with a different cashier.

rated:
smaycs4 said:   Never ASK anywhere. The answer will always be no. 99% of the time.

Just try it.

I did it all the time at Kmart. Until it stopped working. For mastercard & visas. Their registers still allow other gift cards but its almost always against policy.

So don't ask, just buy it. If they say no, try later with a different cashier.

† Attempted to buy Amazon gift cards with a Sears e-gift card at Kmart about 3 weeks ago. †Cashier was concerned that maybe she couldn't use egift card as payment method and checked a binder below her register. †She said it was allowed and did the purchase. †The card had an issue being activated and she had to have a manager come over and re-do the transaction. †No one had any issue with it. †My sister did the exact same transaction at another register with no problem either. †So, either this varies by store or some gift cards are technically okay. †(Her binder appeared to list payment methods and then had photos of the various gift cards - seemed interesting, but glad mine worked!)†

rated:
So Kmart's system will allow other gift cards but not the Visa & MC? I see.

I'm gonna try Sears or Land's End to see if I can use the GCs to buy Visa GCs.

rated:
Any word if you can buy the Visa gift cards online with Staples gift cards? Any idea how many gift cards you can use online at one time?

rated:
raceman73 said:   Any word if you can buy the Visa gift cards online with Staples gift cards? Any idea how many gift cards you can use online at one time?
No.

5 for purchases where there are no gift cards in the order. †0 for purchases that do.

rated:
Bummer. Thanks.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015